[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I wear these to a job interview? I'm an engineer going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3480.jpg (155KB, 828x744px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3480.jpg
155KB, 828x744px
Can I wear these to a job interview?
I'm an engineer going to a energy related company but me mum says I dun fucked up if I wear sandals to an interview.

Is it a big deal I like to allow my feet some air?
>>
I went to a job interview in pajama bottoms and a Hanes t shirt. Got a second interview, but ultimately didn't get hired. Was for a Finance internship.
>>
>>988139
>Is it a big deal I like to allow my feet some air?

No, but you will not be hired over someone who does dress professionally.

Are you autistic?
>>
>>988148
What the fuck lol
>>
>>988149
I see your point, but what if I will be working under him?
>>
Odd, I have those same sandals.

Anyway, I wore them to my last interview and I got good comments on them. I was barely qualified for the job but I think the small talk about those sandals ultimately won me the job.
>>
File: flatcat.jpg (72KB, 650x720px) Image search: [Google]
flatcat.jpg
72KB, 650x720px
>>988171
Lucky shoes, yo.
>>
What the actual fuck?
No, of course you shouldn't wear fucking sandals to a job interview are you literally retarded?
>>
File: interview.gif (752KB, 250x150px) Image search: [Google]
interview.gif
752KB, 250x150px
>>988159
>what if I will be working under him?
You'll see about that later.
In a job interview you should look your best. Then when you get the job, you can relax yourself little by little until you're wearing your special shoes after a couple of months.
>>
>>988139
Yes, those companies find this cool and edgy. You'll get the job instantly
>>
If the interviewer saw this he would be impressed at your forethought in your interview wardrobe
No you shouldnt are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>988139
>>988148
completely retarded

for any big company / halfway serious industry you should def wear a suit + according shoes to any interview of any position

i would literally not even interview you if you came in with those shoes
>>
>>988139
Going to an interview?

Wear a suit.

There are two exceptions to this that I know of.

(1) You are interviewing to pour concrete/lay drain tile/ build a building.In this case, wear boots, your least offensive tee-shirt(you can wear a slightly more offensive one if the person doing the interview is related to your, or you have it on good intel that he is a bubba), and good jeans.

(2)You are going to work for some google wannabe "casual productive environment" company. You can easily determine this by checking the company website. If there is no mention of X-Station-U breakrooms, or a list of employee pets that are currently in the office, you should wear a suit.
>>
>>988148
I wonder why you never got hired.
>>
>>988139
Really dude?
Can't you dress your best for one day?

Also, please tell me you were planning to wear a suit and tie?
>>
>>988139
If its energy related I'd suggest a set of nice square toed boots, really nice jeans, button down shirt that looks professional but comfortable. If you showed up in a tie I'd laugh, and if you showed up in those shoes I'd immediately tag you as lazy. I once ruined a very expensive pair of shoes by wearing them to just such an interview. In addition to the sit down we also went out to a project location where I was asked questions about how I would address certain issues... I desperately needed something similar to work boots. Good luck!
>>
What the fuck is with all these autists lately? None of you socially dumb shitted failed abortions know how to dress properly. You don't even have to have a fashion sense. Business wear for men is timeless and yet you idiots still don't know how to pull it off.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.