[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you ever feel like anything short of a full on renunciati

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: B_ZOY-sU0AEcwAk (1).jpg-large.jpg (22KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
B_ZOY-sU0AEcwAk (1).jpg-large.jpg
22KB, 640x640px
Do you ever feel like anything short of a full on renunciation of 4chan and internet leisure will kill any of your chances to achieve anything of worth?

I read from a reliable web page that bill gates: took math 55, the hardest maths course at harvard; would work for 35 hours in a row before sleeping (his room mate said this); would attend zero of his registered course lectures so he could attend the lectures of other courses instead. Add to that shitloads of programming as a teenager.

I read about Salesforce.com, business software that is famous and extremely successful. I slightly remembered that its founder was kind of a businessy guy. "Oh well at least I don't need to be a technical autist whizz, I can just bullshit my way to wealth." Then I go to the guys' wiki page and see that he made a video game company at the age of 15 which paid his college tuition and he coded in assembly at apple during university despite being a business administration major.

So at least I can be a philosophy bullshitter. Nope. Engels spoke ten trillion languages. Marx worked from 9-6 at the british library then went home and worked shitloads more.

Even in my euphoric late night motivational moods I am hesitant to say that this could be me.
>>
>>987460

Yes but look at Gates now. He's not even 60 and he looks like a corpse.

Health > Wealth
>>
File: Bill_Gates_June_2015.jpg (880KB, 996x1408px) Image search: [Google]
Bill_Gates_June_2015.jpg
880KB, 996x1408px
>>987514

holy shit

brb, getting more sleep and coffee
>>
These people all slept 4 hours a day too, which if you don't have the genes for (~1% of the population) you'll never pull off for more than a week without losing your mind
>>
>>987460
>Marx worked

kek
>>
Try r9k fucking retard
>>
>>987460
You have to remember that those people enjoyed that type of lifestyle. They enjoy working.
I used to get about 4-5 hours of sleep, but decided to change habits because I don't want to be a weary cripple when I'm older.

I usually get 7-8 hours of sleep now and spend an hour at the gym. It's about knowing your limits.
Know when to stop and pick it up again in the morning.
>>
>>987460
Anon, most billionaires had millionaire parents, and focused ones at that.

Just do you, man. Getting Gates level rich, despite what people here tell you, is a multigenerational effort. You do the best you can to give your kids advantages you lacked. Besides, it's never too late to start.

Sam Walton didn't open his first actual Walmart until he was 44 mate.
>>
>>987567

That's a good point

Working 80 hours a week creating windows, which he got all the credit and profit from, is a lot more meaningful and enjoyable than being a code monkey for 80 hours a week for windows

There's a reason that everyone hates the boss, because no one cares about your business as much as you do.
>>
>>987460
Gates's mother got him into computers through her connections before anyone even knew private computers were a thing.
>>
>>987460

also remember in their time there was much less distractions. What else was there for Marx and Engels to do? Play videogames? Shitpost on the Internet? Modern luxuries made us have short attention spans which makes it extremely difficult to do what they did. Not impossible but difficult.
>>
>>987591
>Gates's mother got him into computers through her connections before anyone even knew private computers were a thing.
This.
>>987629
Same for gates and jobs desu.
>>
>>987460
Bill Gates is an autist. Hard work is a joke, the only people getting rich are youtube personalities.
>>
>>987514

He's 60, but the point stands.
>>
>>987460
try r9k
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.