[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why doesn't /biz/ have a sticky? I don't know where

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1448226294301.jpg (65KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1448226294301.jpg
65KB, 500x667px
Why doesn't /biz/ have a sticky?

I don't know where to start with learning investing / trading / saving. You guys probably get this question all the time which is why I wish there was a sticky. I majored in the humanities and didn't take economics although I did take calculus. I just want to have a good grasp of what people mean when I read online about everything related to economics and financing and investing and what not.
>>
File: stickin.png (243KB, 1873x238px) Image search: [Google]
stickin.png
243KB, 1873x238px
biz does have a sticky, it just doesn't have the information you're looking for
>>
>>987351

Oh hey fucking captain obvious
>>
>>987347
Seconding this idea
I don't really know where to start either
>>
>>987421

>go to MIT, Harvard, etc. website
>look up course you want to learn (example: Finance)
>find the syllabus
>find out the textbook required for the class
>find a free pdf of the textbook
>read it

Or you can be a retard like everybody else here and read those "how I got rich selling you this book on how to get rich" books.
>>
>>987426
God dammit
this.

Why are people so fucking spoonfed?
>>
>>987481
Because I'm not sure which courses would give me the best knowledge for investing and saving.

Every other (real) board has stickies so that I don't have to reply to shitposts on my own shitpost thread.

Even /fa/ has an informative sticky.
>>
>>987426
So you had to read a book too.
>>
File: 1448749494477.jpg (944KB, 1345x1450px) Image search: [Google]
1448749494477.jpg
944KB, 1345x1450px
>>987347
like anything, learn the very basics first. Investopedia is a great source and has some great little videos to watch.

then read some books in pic related
>>
you can honestly just go to reddit's "personal finance" board for a good guide on managing your own finances. Other than that I don't know.
>>
>>987347

Brace yourself for the single most valuable piece of advice you will get on /biz/:
Don't take advice from /biz/.
>>
If you could recommend a single book, beginner or otherwise, what would it be?
>>
>>987347
https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Getting_started
Go through this and congratulations, you know more than 90% of /biz/
>>
>>987505
this isn't a "real board." /biz/ was started as a crypto currency containment board. In the mods eyes, it's doing its job.

People have been fighting for a sticky since the board was created but no dice.

Do we even have mods on this board anymore? They haven't openly interacted with /biz/ users in a while.
>>
>>988446
>Do we even have mods on this board anymore?

That's true for about a third of the boards at least.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.