[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First Job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Money.jpg (30KB, 615x409px) Image search: [Google]
Money.jpg
30KB, 615x409px
I'm currently making my CV to apply for a job, not anything fancy, just a local store.

I'm also currently studying full time and this job would just be part-time; to save some money.

However, due to the fact that I'm studying, I haven't yet attained any final grades to put on said CV. So, what do? Do I just describe my mindset and how I could benefit the company?

Cheers in advance for any help/advice.
>>
Bump, would appreciate some help.
>>
>>986921
There are no jobs in UK
>>
>>986921

If you don't have any grades you are under the age of 16, in which case you can't legally be employed. Maybe ask the local newsagent if they have any paper-rounds going.

I suppose you could be 16 and not passed your GCSEs yet thinking about it, in which case just write the subjects you are studying and the expected grades for each.

Good luck!
>>
>>986921

Jus to put that you are currently studying and where.
>>
>>986921

Don't ever put grades on CV is my rule. If they are good enough, you should have awards to put on there that will speak to your academic skill, like dean's list/honour roll /course prize etc. Adding numerical grades comes off as bragging.

Tailor your resume to the business. List things you have done that require the skills they are looking for. Don't just list a job/club, state what you learned from it or achieved by doing it
>>
>>986921

is it rly that hard to get a job?

my announce went out on monday, got my first call on tuesday and would've been employed by wednesday if i didn't decline

is it because i worked before?
>>
>>987127
Local shops are generally ran by Asian families and employ their own. Best hope for a first job is family/friend
>>
http://www.latextemplates.com/cat/curricula-vitae

I used this website to create my resume, landed me 4 interviews with jobs over 60k-90k and I have no diploma/degree right now.
>>
>>987045
>Don't ever put grades on CV is my rule. If they are good enough, you should have awards to put on there that will speak to your academic skill, like dean's list/honour roll /course prize etc. Adding numerical grades comes off as bragging.

You sound like you have a 2.9
I put 3.9 on my resume and now I work at a Fortune 100 company
>>
Hey buddy people know that its your first job so they wont expect much from a resume. Just tell them your education and interests and what kind of person you are. You can put that you are pursuing a degree in what ever too. Good luck.
>>
>>987270
You got the job regardless of the GPA on your resume, not because of it. I know it's painful to realize that the extra studying and brown nosing didn't get you any further than the other guy who barely coasted through and still passed but such is life.

>oh btw I have worked for a few fortune 500s and never even went to college
>>
>>987274
>implying

I logged 150 hours in Age of Empire last quarter. Stay mad that some people are naturally smart

Also
>past tense
>fortune 500
>You worked as a janitor at Walmart

KEK
>>
>>987276
The only reason I worked (past tense) for Fortune 500 companies is that now I own my own consulting firm, and I did it without even having a degree. Imagine that. Some uneducated dropout with no rich parents can actually work hard and accomplish something. Keep gloating about that 3.9 GPA though, I am sure someone out there might be impressed.
>>
>>987283
Yes you own a lawn mowing consulting firm, I'm so impressed.

And why is a guy who has never even been to school giving advice on CVs? You don't need a resume to prove you can wash floors at midnight
>>
>>987304
Give it up, son. I have more professional working experience than you've been out of diapers. If you're still putting your GPA on your resume then you're barely a young shit ripe out of college. Some of my employees have more college credentials than you do with MBAs and doctorates. You're bottom of the barrel.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.