[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Business clothes/Suit thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 10

File: 20151203_195718.jpg (156KB, 687x1000px) Image search: [Google]
20151203_195718.jpg
156KB, 687x1000px
Can we get a /biz/ness clothes thread going?

I haven't heard much talk lately about what to wear to interviews, haircuts, etc.

Can we discuss do's and dont's of suits? Here's what I've been wearing lately by I haven't been having much luck with interviews, hopefully it gets a little better as I have a few more coming up this week.

Pic related, it's my business suit.
>>
>>986677
Business student at a community college here.

7/10 out fit, but you'd bump it up to 9/10 with some classy head gear.

Remember; bigger tie = bigger penis and classier head gear = bigger brain. Employers know this.
>>
>>986687
I feel like you're making a joke about my height.

Yeah I'm 6'5... How else am I suppose to live my life? There wasn't much of a selection for big & tall.

Can you give me some legitimate criticism please?
>>
>>986687
10/10 with khakis
>>
>>>/fit/
>>>/fa/
>>>/b/

They will take this bait.
>>
>>986693
This is business related that's why I posted it here.
>>
>>986696
Business related bait
>>
Well? Anyone going to tell me how to improve or post their own suit?
>>
>>986692
He needs a flat-brimmed ball cap with caligraphy referring to a prison theme. Neck tattoos are preferred at Goldman Sachs.
>>
>>986709
OK look: Get a charcoal gray suit (no vest). Wear white button down oxford shirt. Black knee over the calf socks, black polished shoes (no patent leather) can be loafers or tied.

Never wear cufflinks. Never wear suspenders (some call them braces). For God's sake never wear a contrast collar shirt. Wear a black "athletic" watch with black watch band.

Wear a blue tie to an interview. Red tie = asshole. Gold tie = top producing asshole, but still asshole.

You can show your tattoos on the weekend but not at an interview.

Shave your fucking face and comb your hair.

Take a fucking shower. Brush your fucking teeth. Show up 5 minutes early.

Carry a pen but clip it to your coat pocket. Not shirt pocket. Get sleep the night before even though you want to go to the Wesson oil party your big titted friends invited you to.
>>
>>986943
Not wearing based green tie
>>
File: 1447788437778.png (533KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1447788437778.png
533KB, 500x750px
>>986677
saw this today, yay or nay?
>>
>>986943

Pretty good advice.

I'm starting my first job in a few weeks and so far I have 1 dark blue suit and 1 black suit. Going to wear white shirts only and all i have is one blue/red/black tie. I've only worn my blue one to all the interview I had to take to get the job.

Gonna buy some more grey & blue ties and probably another black suit and a grey one.

The standard suit by hugo boss isn't that expensive and fits me great (I'm 188cm 85kg). Just don't be overweight or a giant manlet and they will suit you aswell.

My rich mom bought me the dark blue suit. It's from Dsquared2 and it's pretty fucking nice, but it cost 1100 euros. I would consider buying more of those if I had the budget for it.
>>
>>986960

A shoe with laces looks more professional in my opinion.
>>
>>986943
>>986963
OP here, I thought it was generally considered a bad idea to wear black suits? I've heard a lot of people say grey, blue anything but black is better.
>>
>>986677
This has to be a joke but ,the tie is fucking massive ,the jeans are too long and don't go with the jacket ,shoes look ridiculous ,and the jacket needs to be more tighter fitting and do the buttons up
>>
>work in big law

Now have 6 suits

Did a lot of research into all suit related things in advance of getting two bespoke suits and a jacket done last month

Ama
>>
>>986978
Charcoal grey is fine. Black is not unless you're in Asia. I picked up a great half-canvassed charcoal suit from Suitsupply.
>>
>>986960
Where in Mexico?
>>
>>987040

Interesting. More details on your 6 suits color wise? What about ties?

I'm this guy >>986963 and I was thinking i'd need at least 3 more suits since I'll be wearing them daily from now on
>>
>>986943
>he doesn't like contrast collars
>athletic watch
shit taste family
>>
File: cdd1a768e792dbca5c04c15b34090ac4.jpg (107KB, 1200x1500px) Image search: [Google]
cdd1a768e792dbca5c04c15b34090ac4.jpg
107KB, 1200x1500px
>>986677

Business dress is pretty much dead mate. The era of casual tech guys, and confident truth over appearances, has trumped the well dressed business man.

All you need is a few well cut tailored shirts, some well cut tailored slacks (black, gray, tan), and a couple pairs of business loafers. You don't even need a fucking tie anymore.

Don't waste your money. When I got my first serious biz job, I immediately bought like $2,000 in men's wear. I could have easily gotten away with $500. I never need the suits. I don't even put one on for presentations or closings. Not one person gives a shit anymore.
>>
>>986960

NAY

Jeans =/= dressing up. Jeans are for barbeques and ballgames, not business work.
>>
>>986978

Black is okay if you don't have a charcoal or navy suit. But you should have a charcoal or navy suit for interviews.
>>
>>986677
Lets pretend this isn't weird photoshopped bait.

Tailors still exist. Get your goddamn pants hemmed to the right length. Oh, and they should match your jacket. Give those shoes back to santa's elves. Look for normal toes. And speaking of, give the tie back to the frost giants. Actually you probably only need ties for your job interview, at most.

Also, wash your face. Unless that's a beard, in which case, come on dude, no. Shave that.
>>
>>987365
>Give those shoes back to santa's elves. Look for normal toes. And speaking of, give the tie back to the frost giants

All my life I've been made fun of for the way I dress, just as I found something I liked you had to shit all over it. What the fuck is your problem?

>Also, wash your face. Unless that's a beard, in which case, come on dude, no. Shave that.
What's so bad about it? Is everyone suppose to be cleanshaven... I'd look very young if I did that.
>>
>>987374
Hahaha, what? What were you thinking? 4chan is not a hugsboard. Because, why should anyone care what some fag on the internet says about anything.

You got made fun of because clearly you make bad choices. Fine, can't be good at everything. What you need to do is get a girl with good fashion sense to go shopping with you. Have your fashion consultant pick out your clothes.

>Is everyone suppose to be cleanshaven
No, I have a beard. But I'm not going on a job interview. Why are you going to wear a suit then leave your face looking like, jesus I don't even, a fratboy I guess. That isn't a serious beard.
>>
>>987491
I don 't trust some pleb girl to pick out clothes for a man like me.

I've been considering growing my hair out a bit more though, but I can't decide how to style it. Any suggestions that matches glasses and facial structure overall?
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 390x310px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 390x310px
>Mfw this thread ain't even bait
>>
>>987498

look at the tie, baggy as fuck jeans and elf shoes

either this is bait or OP has autism
>>
>>986677
What do you have against this guy OP? Did he take your girl or what?
>>
>>987511
What are you talking about?
>>
>>986963
Having literally reclaimed by job at Hugo Boss today, I can tell you first hand that whilst their suits are good and the tailoring service (should be) phenomenal, however, they aren't really worth the money unless bought on sale.

If you live in the UK, marks and spencer do just as good high end suits that you can take to an independent tailor.

If you have the money go for it, but Hugo boss thrives purely off the brand loyalty. I know for a fact that the shirt quality has gone down whilst prices has gone up.
>>
If you aren't wearing a Thom Browne suit you're an out of touch faggot.
>>
>>987498
>>987503

of course this thread is fucking bait and its obvious in the first few responses. some blind /fa/ couldnt resist to say something so now everyone thinks its legit
>>
>>986677

Does this dude still post on /fa/?

I love how hard he used to trigger the entire board.
>>
>>987538
Yeah, that's not going to look absolutely ridiculous in the office.
>>
File: 1413119651352.jpg (15KB, 300x323px) Image search: [Google]
1413119651352.jpg
15KB, 300x323px
>>987281
Fuck you Caucasian. Sniff your pits while you adjust your man-bun and dream of being a barista.
>>
>>987538
Literally a meme suit
>>
>>986960
very trendy, i'd definitely put this together with maybe a collared shirt and tie. jeans are coming back into the smart attire, in a big way.
I particularly like the shoes in this photo, it combines a timeless classic laceless with the modern edge of raw denim. rolling up the hem is also very chic.
>>
>>987538

>Have no idea who Thom Browne is
>Look up Thom Browne suit
>You have got to be fucking kidding me
>Realize this is what millennials are failing so hard
>>
All my business suits are American made Brooks Brothers regent fit with Allen Edmonds shoes.

Nice and conservative.
>>
File: 1440740919449.jpg (15KB, 300x240px) Image search: [Google]
1440740919449.jpg
15KB, 300x240px
>>
File: scubasteve.jpg (103KB, 687x1000px) Image search: [Google]
scubasteve.jpg
103KB, 687x1000px
>>987365
yeah it was photoshopped

here is the original photo
>>
>>987288
>Business dress is pretty much dead mate. The era of casual tech guys, and confident truth over appearances, has trumped the well dressed business man.

That may be true for a lot of industries today, but places like big law firms/banks/lobby firms really aren't anywhere near that point of view yet.

My future employer is a lobbying & consulting company for the financial sector of my country. There's no way you can walk in there as a man in anything less than a suit & tie. Silly as it may seem, that's not going to change any time soon.
>>
>>987537

Thanks for the advice m8. I am aware their shirts aren't that great quality-wise (neither are their shoes). I would just buy the suits there. December-january is sales time but I know they don't put the whole suit collection on sale. Usually the ones they can't get sold. I'll just go for the ones priced 600 euros or less.
>>
>>987537

I bought a great flannel suit in John Lewis. Better made, thicker 100% wool fabric, better cut, half the price of a 'cheap' suit from one of your typical brands. I'm deeply suspicious of any suit where the manufacturer spends more on advertising than they do on the product.
>>
>>987538

Ankleswinger suits that are too small for you make you look like an overgrown schoolboy. Also, wasting huge amounts of money on a suit that will be deeply unfashionable in a year or two is extremely poor /biz/ness sense. Until you're rich you should only have a few suits, those suits should be classic, and the most out-there you should be going is some flannel or tweed.
>>
please /biz/ actually advice, not memes
>>
>>986963
>>987537
this

there are suits worth their money at 2000 bucks but anything from dsquared,dolce gabbana etc surely isn't

go to a local tailor and then HE will tell you what you need

you can get great suits that will fit you amazingly for 300+ by simply trusting those guys who worked in the industry for like 30 years
>>
>>986943
>Oxford shirt

DO NOT buy an Oxford. Oxford's are for casual dress only. Legitimate dress shirts differ by their fit and collar.

Anyway, I'd like to expand.

I would also recommend wearing a tie clip (/bar). Google Image how to properly wear. To keep your shirt tucked in, and avoiding getting a shirt boner &/or muffin top, use straps that clip onto your shirt and socks. They work wonders.

Never wear a bow tie. You're not contrarian, or quirky, you're a faggot. Don't get a tie from your dad.

Never buy things online without trying them on first. Nothing should be baggy. No one cares about your haircut so long as you're well kept.
>>
>>988652
What haircut is good
>>
>>988665
dont look like a douchebag or a retard or a slob

yes that includes long hair, don't look like hanson or a metalhead

use this rule: "do i look like a gamestop employee? if yes, get a haircut"
>>
>>988668
I don't know what that means.

I just cut my hair with a number 6 guard lately to give the clean but "laid back" look. Is that good?
>>
>>986677
thank you bro, i was feeling so bad today but this lightened my day
thank you
>>
swag
>>
>>988678
Make it shorter on the sides if you're going to use clippers.

I keep mine fairly long, but have a three quarter part/slicked back. Almost Bateman-like but not that yuppie. Recently started wearing a neatly trimmed beard (Don't recommend this unless you've got the tenure to not take shit from anyone.).

Conservative and clean cut is never going to offend anyone. You can walk into any decent salon wearing a collared shirt and tell the stylist to make you look appropriate for an office. They should know what to do.
>>
>>988806
>Make it shorter on the sides if you're going to use clippers.

Man I always fuck it up.

I can't keep the back of my head hair from sticking up when I cut it shorter on the sides.

How do I do it correctly tbqh
>>
>>988814
>How do I do it correctly tbqh
Pay someone that does it for a living to make sure it's done properly.
>>
File: shape.jpg (113KB, 725x773px) Image search: [Google]
shape.jpg
113KB, 725x773px
>>988665
Figure out what face shape you have, and Google haircuts for it.

Personally I have an undercut because I have a square face, and the shaved sides (1.5) add emphasis to my jawline.
>>
>>988934
I got no idea man. I can't tell by looking at the picture and a mirror... I've tried this shit before and I just can't figure out my face tbqh.
>>
File: 73031-ShapeSorterBench.jpg (25KB, 350x343px) Image search: [Google]
73031-ShapeSorterBench.jpg
25KB, 350x343px
>>988938
Back to basics then
>>
>>988938
Then post face and we will guide you kekboy.
>>
>>988973

>Mfw this makes me remember my friend who was applying for factory jobs because he spent all his savings on booze in uni.
>One of the interviews was for a job where you would literally stand at an assembly line
>Little chocolates would come whizzing by, you had a box of nuts and your job was to push one nut into each unfinished chocolate
>Part of the job interview was to literally 'complete' a shapesorter bench in X amount of seconds to test if your hand-eye coordination was regular
>An old lady was applying for the job before him
>My friend watched her fail the shapesorter bench test because her hands were too shaky from being nervous

fucking brutal
>>
>>987492
Then don't get a pleb girl, you moron, get a girl working at the office or a similar office to the one you're applying for.

Literally walk in with that outfit and confidently say "I need some fashion help can I buy a woman here dinner and a gift to go shopping with me"

and if you're 6'5" your shopping is going to be almost 100% custom. and rarely if you're lucky you might be able to get something tailored.
>>
>>989763
Do you seriously expect some 23 year old female HR drone to know shit about men's business clothing?
He should obviosuly go to some 60 year old tailor that has been in the craft for decades and knows his shit.
>>
>>986960
fuck no
>>988938
post face lil nigga
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.