[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moving Overseas?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: serveimage[1].jpg (34KB, 300x180px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage[1].jpg
34KB, 300x180px
Has anyone packed up their bags and just moved overseas? American here. I'm thinking about doing that. Maybe moving to Switzerland. I'm an CPA (accountant). How hard would it be to find a job there or elsewhere in Europe or Asia.
>>
>>986596
>Has anyone packed up their bags and just moved overseas?

You need to get a job offer and for a company to sponsor you in order to move overseas. Otherwise you can only stay for a length of a visa which is usually only a month or two for almost every country.

>Maybe moving to Switzerland

You can't just "pack up your bags" and arrive at Zurich airport. Switzerland is very strict on granting citizenship and you will likely only be able to work there for a few years if you have a job offer.
>>
>>986610
>you can only stay for a length of a visa which is usually only a month or two for almost every country.

Does that mean I can go to Switzerland for a month, then Denmark a month, Spain a month, etc.? Or is it one month in all of EU?

How do I go about getting a job offer from some place in Europe? Just apply?
>>
>>986626
>Does that mean I can go to Switzerland for a month, then Denmark a month, Spain a month, etc.? Or is it one month in all of EU?

I'm guessing for all countries, since if you have citizenship in any EU country you can freely go to any of them.

>How do I go about getting a job offer from some place in Europe? Just apply?

Be top-tier professional that they companies are willing to sponsor and are nterested in. It's pretty hard, but shouldn't be too difficult since you got CPA.
>>
>>986635
Thanks. Are there any websites like indeed or monster that span across Europe I should try? Maybe some that cover accounting or finance specifically?
>>
>>986647
Not sure of any specifics. But I'd try looking at applying directly to some companies.

Be warned though, you need to have a very impressive resume to consider this. Do you have extensive work experience?
>>
>>986596
To get a job in Switzerland the employer needs to sponsor you, as well as prove there is nobody they could've hired for the job in Switzerland and the EU. Real hard to move there unless you're highly educated/specialized or have a good decade of work experience.
>>
>>986649
>you need to have a very impressive resume to consider this. Do you have extensive work experience?

Nope. Just about two years in public accounting firms, mostly in tax, but also some in general accounting (bookkeeping, general ledger, journal entries, etc.). I do know some SQL, SAS, VBA, and advanced Excel. Will learn Access soon here. Wonder if that will help a tall. But I don't have like 10 years Big 4 experience or something.
>>
>>986666
What this poster said >>986665
is correct.

Try applying anyway though, obviously nothing to lose but with such limited experience you will probably not be able to.

To move to get a job in these places you need to be a top-tier professional that they would actually want(because of all the legal and financial hoops they need to jump through to hire you).
>>
>>986665
>>986668
Okay, thanks guys. Maybe when I'm old and retired I guess.
>>
>>986678
Go to Hong Kong or Israel or something. The EU treats non-EU immigrants like rapists and pedophiles, and refugees are a precious commodity to be bartered over.

It's a retarded system that's going to collapse very soon.
>>
>>986698
>Hong Kong
>Good

>Israel
>Not stricter than almost every other country
Smfh is u serious
>>
>>986711
>Not stricter than almost every other country
Well, not if you're Jew. It's super easy to get in then. Tel Aviv is a cool city. Haifa is pretty. Be sure to avoid crowds and getting blown up.
>>
>>986596
>thinks every country would accept his lazy weeb ass
murrikans, why is it always murrikans who think like this?
>>
>>986596
a bit off topic but I'm thinking of doing a bachelors in accounting and a CPA; is it worth it?
>>
>>986596

I have, ive moved from California to Austria with nothing but a single bag of clothes when I was 18 and done with highschool.

Difference was I had an EU passport.>>986596
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.