[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Test in 6 hours and I can't sleep

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (35KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35KB, 400x400px
Test in 6 hours and I can't sleep
>>
>>985481
good luck
>>
Good luck man. I took Level II last June and I only got about ~5 hours of sleep the night before because I too couldn't sleep.

I ended up passing easily.
>>
File: image.jpg (35KB, 400x323px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35KB, 400x323px
>>985487
Jelly
Level 1 today. If I fail at least I have 6 months of purely review until June exam
>>
Hot damn anon. I'm thinking of doing Cfa after Uni. Good luck!
>>
>>985481

if you don't have a job lined up or you don't have an internship record, passing the CFA is not enough these days
>>
>>985570
Interned a fuckton, most recently for a year in a buy side bond management firm.
>>
Can the first level of the CFA be enough to get a person with a non-finance, non stem background into an honours degree in Investment Management?

I'm asking because to qualify for internships and graduate programs you need atleast a finance degree of some kind.

It wont ever get me a job but Will level 1 atleast get me considered for an honours programme?
>>
>>985596
For what, undergraduate or graduate degree? I'm finishing my undergraduate in finance next week and taking the level 1 exam in 2 hours. I'm also from the US
>>
>>985596
why would you want a degree in investment management when you're studying for CFA?

I mean CFA is pitched as being the equivalent level to a masters degree and covers investment management - doing a degree covering the same thing would seem to be redundant
>>
>>985611

You don't qualify for internsips without some kind of finance or quantitative degree. The CFA is seen as an extra(additional requirement).

>>985609

Its a graduate programme in Investment Managment. You rate level 1 gives you enough of a shot to get a place?
>>
>>985613
There's no harm in trying, but level 2 is generally seen as the most difficult to pass because it is quantitative. Level 1 is mostly undergraduate finance review, but the whole program costs less than a graduate degree by a large margin and will likely teach you more than a degree would anyways
>>
I failed level 1 in june.
Retaking. In june.

Remember your pass port.
Remember your calculator.
Take a deep breath.

If you have studied and reviewed you will do ok. (thats a comforting lie, 60% fail level1(
>>
Wew lads, just came back from the exam, any question?
>>
>>986176
Me too, were you in NY? The afternoon part was much tougher
>>
>>985487
any recommendations for level 2?
>>
>>986239
No i'm in Canada
Yeah man, it was harder.
Lots of question were harder.
I really don't know how I did.
>>
>>985620
And is seen better than a graduate degree(still both are less important than experience)
>>
>>986842
The fixed income section was harder. I felt really good after the morning session but the last one had me worried
>>
Thats par.

Good luck boys. You will find out in 60 ish days.

If you didnt pass, dont feel bad. Re register for june and just study . focu on what you missed.
>>
>>986853
>>986842

Good luck guys. I heard this one is a bitch. Actually glad I only had to do the lsat, couldn't imagine writing all 3 levels
>>
>im planning to take this after my undergraduate degree

im already struggling, i feel way too incompetent for this.
>>
>>987100
Don't be.
There is nothing hard, its just the sheer amount of amount to know that poses a challenge.
So just start studying early and do lots of practice questions.
>>
File: CFA2.png (18KB, 543x275px) Image search: [Google]
CFA2.png
18KB, 543x275px
>>986818
Level II is a lot more quantitative than Level I. There are many more formulas to know. This wasn't a hurdle for me since I'm comfortable with the statistics/algebra that the CFA exams test, and I'm also good at memorizing formulas. Quantitative methods and Derivatives were my favorite sections just because they were the most mathematically intensive.

People seem to make a big deal about the vignette structure of the exam, but they really shouldn't. When I took the exam I didn't even read the vignettes and just skipped straight to the questions (except for ethics, where you're pretty much forced to read the vignette). If there isn't enough information in the question to answer the problem, the missing information can be easily found in the vignette within 5 seconds. There's no need to waste your time reading the entire passage.

I would also pay attention to the exam weights. FRA and Equity will be tested extensively. Level II Equity is very easy, so this shouldn't be a problem. FRA always seemed to give me trouble, so I studied that section like mad and ended up finding the questions on the actual exam very easy.

Overall I'd say the test wasn't anywhere near as hard as I expected. I've heard of people who take 3-4+ times to pass Level II, and the reason they aren't passing isn't because the exam is prohibitively difficult but because they simply weren't prepared enough. I'd wager I studied 300-350 hours and was getting high 60s to mid 70s on my mock exams the week before the test. Pic related are my actual results.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.