[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /biz/, I have a few thousand bucks to invest and was thinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: yaddyfruit.png (553KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
yaddyfruit.png
553KB, 500x667px
Hi /biz/, I have a few thousand bucks to invest and was thinking about building some niche websites. Is this still a good strategy to make money online?

What's the best way to monetize these puppies: AdSense, Amazon Associates program, others? What are the best current tools for finding niches and keywords with good potential?
>>
>>985411
Sauce on pic OP?
>>
>>985411

Yes it can be profitable, affiliate selling or drop selling is highest margin unless you want to produce something (goods or information to be monetized), ads will probably not be worth it unless you have a lot of visitors but still worth putting in.
>>
>>985415
yaddyfruit, she used to have a tumblr

>>985417
I was thinking about building several review aggregators, with useful info for people looking to buy these very specific products, while linking to affiliate programs and adsense.
>>
>>985425

Would work in /theory/ I guess, though if you're just aggregating existing content your natural rankings are going to take a hit.
>>
>>985411
It ain't 2004 anymore.

No real money in advertising unless you have a massive audience and the folk seeking advertising are coming straight to you.

Middlemen can get away with paying you pennies for a high volume of traffic because there's so much demand for ad revenue.

I could be misinformed though.
>>
>>985425

Also if you're after web space I can provide unlimited bandwidth/webspace at like $60 a year, I throw in the first year free so no upfront costs as far as that goes if it falls through.
>>
>puppies
There's only one other person I've ever heard use that word and I'm subscribed to their channel.
>>
>>985447
From the little research I did so far I've found several people with opinions similar to yours. Many complain that the Panda and Hummingbird updates of the Google search algorithm made things even worse. I'm kinda conflicted right now, don't really know if this is a good idea.

>>985451
Do you have any servers in south america?

>>985457
RB?
>>
>>985556
No I'm Australian and my servers are in Australia, I doubt it will make a difference of more than a few seconds to the end user, if that, at any rate.
>>
>>985411
niche sites are only worth it if you can do all of the work yourself. If you're paying someone to design websites (even paying for a theme), outsourcing SEO, niche research, then you will take months to break even (provided you make any money at all)
>>985425
>review aggregators
People don't really seem to actively search for reviews anymore. Amazon does all of the work, and that's where the majority of internet shopping goes on.
>>
I'm working on my niche site. It will go online in about a month.
I hope I can make a small wage of it in 12 to 18 months. We'll see.

I will just keep working on it for at least three years in hope it takes off, because I believe it's a slow way to make money. But persistance will win.
>>
>>985567
I think you just need a lot of visitors, then you can sell anything. So the real question is: how do you get those visitors?
>>
>>985567
>>985582
Not sure if shitty attempt at samefag or poor english skills.

If you're putting that much planning into your site or procrastinating enough to not have your site live within a few days, then you're not gonna make it. I see people posting on forums all the time, trying to be methodical and slow with their online business. They usually fail because they enjoy the planning and setup of a business, but never bother to put any effort into advertising.
>>
>>985411
is skrillex dubstep or brostep and what is brostep
>>
>>985592
What is a good marketing strategy then? When I read about SEO it never seems to be more than hitting keywords and spamming links.
>>
>>985726
Depends on the niche. Like i said in an earlier post, niche sites are more or less dead. They're only profitable if you're at the top of Google, and even then, you're making pennies.

It was nice back in 2012 and before when you could just throw up some shitty copy + pasted or spun article on a wordpress theme, and as long as you had an EMD and proper meta tags you were automatically #1 in all search engines.
>>
>>986044
Do EMD's still work? Because with all the new top level domains it's quite tempting to get one.
>>
>>986055
EMD's work, yes, but anything that isn't .com/.net/.org (aside from local tlds if you're targeting those countries) won't be able to compete at all.

eg. You're trying to rank for "Pocket Watch Reviews" so you buy www.pocketwatchreviews.club. Your competitor will outrank you with ease if they own www.pocketwatchswag.com and optimize onsite SEO for "Pocket Watch Reviews"
>>
>>986161
That's a shame. I guess a more marketable or clickable name might be better than a searchable name then if the best domain names are taken.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.