[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what do you guys think about working too much and not having

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

what do you guys think about working too much and not having enough time to spend on hobbies and things you would like to do?
>>
>>985251

That's why I'll never take salaried job.

Unless the job was directly related to my hobbies or interests.
>>
>>985251
I think it sucks, but all my friends are broke as fuck and won't own their house until 60 (my parents are literally 60 and don't own their house, my exgf's parents are ~65 and just finished paying off their house. Neither own good houses).

Fuck MA.
>>
>>985251
Too bad making money IS my hobby. And my hobbies are my job.
>>
>>985251
Everyone should do it for a few years to help get ahead in life and stay out of trouble.
>>
>>985251

depends on how much you like your job.

That being said, even when you do something you really like, More than 40 hours a week is too much.

I like my job, but over 30 hours a week and it starts to grate.
>>
>>985251
I've been thinking about this lately. I have a 9 to 5 that I really enjoy but to generate extra income I got a second job working from home a month back. And I am having a pretty hard time finding the energy to do both.

Mentally it is pretty draining to have 2 sets of responsibilities and balancing how to meet 2 sets of expectations.

I hope once I improve my time management it will be better
>>
>>985320

>Get interview
>salaried position
>tell them I want wage
>Refuses
>Ask why
>"Company couldn't afford to put everyone on wage "
>lol wut
>>
>8 hours of ''work'
>8 hours of sleep

They need to make days longer
>>
>>985251
Here in my garage...
>>
>>985251
what is the source of your picture?
>>
>>985251
Living this situation now. I'm only $3600 before tax away from having earned six figures at my company since starting in February. I love the work I do and the people work with, but the hours absolutely suck.

I get out of bed at 6 am, get to work about 7:30 (about hour drive), work until about 5-6, get home between 6-7, then back to bed about ten. I feel like I don't have any free time and I can't schedule hobbies because I work in a trade industry. Working in a Houston attic or outdoors just physically exhausts you throughout the day during the summers here.

I don't have any student or consumer debt, so my only real payment is my fiance's property taxes which I pay in a lump sum the year before it's due. Everything else I'm saving towards starting my own business in my trade so I can get out of the field and get more time to myself.

At the end of the day it kind of sucks that I only have weekends off the majority of the time to plan stuff and have fun, but I'd rather be wealthy with a small amount of time off instead of having a low paying job with lots of time off.
>>
>>985624
Maybe move closer to work?
>>
>>985523

They want salary because its easier to exploit you.
>>
>>985628
The area I work out of now is not where I'll base my company once I can start in 2017. Moving out there would be an option if I didn't plan to open my own company up for 3 or more years but at this point I just have to deal with it.
>>
>>985251
I think it is very sad without some sort of plan in place to eventually change your situation. Ideally, your work is one of the things you like to do.
>>
i dont have hobbies and the only thing i like to do is shitpost on 4chan
>>
>>985324
teach me your ways, master
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.