[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Books

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (433KB, 1616x2560px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
433KB, 1616x2560px
What are some of the most influential business/self-help books you've read?

Here are some of mine:
>Rich Dad, Poor Dad
>How to Make Friends and Influence People
>From Good to Great
>>
>>985247
Bought book in OP pic 1 year ago. Still haven't read it.
>>
>>985247
>>Rich Dad, Poor Dad

En unas horas le responderemos si la casa está disponible para la fecha seleccionada y le confirmaremos su reserva.
En unas horas le responderemos si la casa está disponible pawdwdwra la fecha seleccionada y le confirmaremos su reserva.
En unas horaswdw le responderemos si la casa está disponible para la fecha seleccionada y le confirmaremos su reserva.
En unas horas le responderemos si la casa está disponible para la fecha seleccionada y le confirmaremos su reserva.
En unas horas le responderemos si la casa está dispwdwonible para la fecha seleccionada y le confirmaremos su reserva.
En unas horas le responderemos si la casa está disponible para la fwdwdwecha seleccionada y le confirmaremos su reserva.
>>
Are these book threads a meme now?
>>
File: book 2.png (2MB, 933x1400px) Image search: [Google]
book 2.png
2MB, 933x1400px
>>985247
>>
>>985253
Read it dude. It's universally applicable when dealing with people, not just in business.
>>
>>985291

Speak English doc! We ain't scientists!
>>
File: the-game-9780061995323-lg.jpg (31KB, 400x430px) Image search: [Google]
the-game-9780061995323-lg.jpg
31KB, 400x430px
People always hate, but seriously:

The Game by Neil Strauss.

Not only was I glued to the pages, but it taught me more about women and life in general than probably any book I have ever read.

For those that hate on it, but haven't read it, it starts off as a PUA guide, but turns into Strauss's comentary on women, life, and male competition. And Strauss hits the fucking nail on the head.
>>
>>985382
Didnt he recently take back everything he said about PUA in a sobbing interview or something

Hes actually a beta
>>
>>985382
Good shit, it lead me to RSD and while I never got too into the community there, I learnt a fuckload about inner-confidence and just not being a bitch, would recommend both.
>>
>>985382
Isnt this a typical "le be mean to gurls and ignore them and they'll want ur cok"
>>
>>985247
How to Make Friends and Influence People is one of the only self-help books worth its salt. As a category of books, self-help is usually garbage. All of the information about investment and budgeting found in them can easily be found by searching on Google, "How to invest and budget your money correctly".

Instead of self-help books, start reading books that gravitate towards something you desire to truly learn. Only then will you really be helping out yourself by obtaining the knowledge that you want to learn.
>>
>Choose Yourself by Altucher
>Zero to One by Thiel
>Four Hour Work Week by Ferriss
>I was Blind but now I see, by Altucher
>Wherever you go there you are, by Kabat-zinn
>Bold by Diamandis and Kotler

Any MIT OpenCourseWare course taught by Eric Von Hippler, or any of their MBA courses that provide free readings. Hey, people devote 25 years of their life and thousands upon thousands of dollars to get accepted to MIT and learn this shit, and now it's free, so you're a fucking retard if you don't at least lurk it for shits and gigs here and there
>>
>>985450
I tried watching their CS courses but it's too theoretical and boring.

Also good book is Black Swan by Taleb
>>
>>985382
It's a decent introduction, nothing more. The underlying fundamentals are sound, but the tricks are obsolete.

The concept of applying PUA principles to cultivate professional relationships, which I believe he and his folk did in one section of the book, was an interesting notion that has stuck with me.

Also worth reading: The Venusian Arts (mostly obsolete Mysteryshit, but the principle on conversational threads was insightful) and the Juggler Method / Conversational Jujitsu which is an interesting handbook on conversation (with a PUA focus of course).

Of course I haven't really explored PUA lit in like eight years so I can't comment on the current state of the art.
>>
>>985454
I can imagine CS being that way and for some classes to only be engaging if you are actually going to school and taking the class.

And I hear Black Swan is good, I have to get that, I hear Taleb is great
>>
>>985458
Eh I like programming but I just felt as though it was TOO theoretical, almost electrical engineering-tier.
>>
>>985247
Think and Grow Rich is a nice primer on personal accomplishment, though Hill can come off as a bit of a kook at times - try to equate his supernatural attributions with neurological principles and you'll find his ideas more sound and reasonable.

The Personal MBA is also a must read. Author advises reading the sections that most interest you, but I've gotten a great deal out of reading it cover to cover; should hopefully be wrapping it up soon. It's quite dense and chock full of useful information.

I also found Sowell's essays on the cultural habits of different ethnic groups and the socioeconomic ramifications of such to be quite interesting and eye-opening as well, though it's not really business or self-help literature proper. His essay collection Black Rednecks and White Liberals was probably my favorite read of this year, even if it's more /pol/core lit than /biz/.
>>
>>985247
Also, Duhigg's "The Power of Habit" was a nice read.
>>
"How to suck dicks" - By a billionaire.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.