[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Job interview dress code

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: hamm.jpg (9KB, 192x263px) Image search: [Google]
hamm.jpg
9KB, 192x263px
Ey guys
What should one wear in a job interview,
considering it's a young small ad company of circ 25 employees of late 20s / early 30s?
At the first interview I wore a suit but I ain't no Hamm and I look a lot better in casual outfits.
And the interviewers were casual too, one even wore a new era snapback.
I will be doing the second interview soon, I wonder if I better just wear casual.
>>
>>985208
Go more casual if you feel like it. If the interviewer wore a snapback I wouldn't even wanna look good.
>>
File: 1407516611372.jpg (145KB, 670x424px) Image search: [Google]
1407516611372.jpg
145KB, 670x424px
a hoodie and jeans will do the trick
>>
>>985208
Wondering this as well. I have an interview coming up with a tabletop gaming company. Wouldn't wear a suit, but I will get interviewed by the CFO so...
>>
>>985208

dress shirt/pants/shoes/belt

are you autistic?
>>
>>
>>985208
You can never be overdressed
>>
>>985244
This
>>985449
Yes you can. You must be one of those fags that wears suits and fedoras all the time. No one takes you seriously.
>>
Rule of thumb is to be one step above the interviewer.

If they are wearing a shirt and pants, you wear a tie on top, or a casual jacket.

In this case, I say go business casual. It shows your serious. Once you're in, you can casualise.
>>
>>985208
anything less than a suit is stupid.
>>
>>985208
Blazer over button-up, slacks, oxfords, no tie, fashionable analog watch. Never did me an injustice in an interview.
>>
Stick with a suit, or at the very least a dress shirt, pants and a sports coat.
>>
Yea bro just wear some sweats, they'll think you're a chill guy!
>millennials
>>
>>985208
unless they tell you otherwise, wear a suit

some tech firms will let you know in advance that dress code is smart casual for example, in that instance a suit would be silly

for pretty much anything else short of your local fast food restaurant you should wear a suit. I previously worked at a prop firm where everyone was very casual - still wore a suit when I interviewed there, the guy was talking about the firms culture and commented that you could wear what you want though he was glad as that is what he'd expect from a serious candidate.
>>
I always went in suit because I had no idea what they'd wear.
>>
>>985208
There are two options:
>if you want to be super formal
Suit jacket/trousers, dress shirt, tie, polished shoes
>if you want to be less formal
Dressy shirt and pants, polished shoes, no tie

Unless you're a goddamn retard, do NOT dress in casual shitty clothes. If you get the job you have plenty of time to wear crap clothes every day in the workplace.
>>
> everyone saying suit

If you live anywhere on the west coast, or mostly anywhere in the eastern seaboard, or possibly Chicago .. and if it's a small firm .. you can get away with khakis and a nice sweater with a button up shirt underneath. Or khakis or wool pants with a button up (tie optional)

Don't do the following:
> jeans
> sneakers (including converse)
> hat
> shirt with abnormal color (red, green, purple etc)
> excess stubble
> hipster tie (too skinny, wool/knitted, square bottom, retarded shit like polka dots, etc)
> definitely not a t shirt

The fact your interviewer wore a snap back to an interview is ridiculous. Sometimes I wear a hat to work. *To* work. Never *at* work. And I'd never wear one interviewing a candidate.

Remember, they're not just interviewing you, you're interviewing them too.

I bet he was arrogant as fuck. Hat guy. I bet he was real cocky wasn't he.
>>
Op here
Thx everyone for inputs
Guess I will be in suit
And no the hat guy was cool, but yeah I was shocked too when I saw him enter the room.
>>
>>985646
>>985643
>>985521
>>985521
>Rule of thumb is to be one step above the interviewer.
>If they are wearing a shirt and pants, you wear a tie on top, or a casual jacket.
>In this case, I say go business casual. It shows your serious. Once you're in, you can casualise.
>>985521
This and the others are spot on. At minimum, yoh dress as if your going to work there, a step above because unsure or to be takeb more serious is good practice.

That being said, if you were interviewing for a trade - jeans/work shirt and boots would apply. If OP or anyone is doing that, be sure to still do belt, tucked in, shaved/trim, etc
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.