[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to win the incoming inflation in Argentina

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

File: peso-argentino.jpg (37KB, 567x319px) Image search: [Google]
peso-argentino.jpg
37KB, 567x319px
So i have 100k Argentinians Pesos (like 10k USD)
But with the new president the Dolar here is gonna rise like a rocket so my parents and i are thinking on what to do with that money to not lost its value because of the devaluation/inflation
So first we were thinking on buying a car, but its just gonna be more fixed costs so now i think we gonna buys electrodomestics that are being subsidy by the previous govement but are gonna be out for the next year with the new President, anyways
HELP BIZ
inba market stock, we dont know shit about that
>>
>>985161
>How to beat inflation
>ill buy a car

:D :D :D

Buy US / AAA EU bonds if you want to do it the easy way
>>
>>985161
Go buy oil, US notes, or even coffee. These are all local exports in argentina. I am not suggesting buying the physical but you could.
>>
>>985161
Can you buy stocks listed on US exchanges in Argentina?
>>
>>985184
Dont freaking know man, how i check that?
>>985165
there´s something you dont know, coz argentina is very complicated
But right now you can buy a car lets say in 24 monthly fees fixed, so if i buy a car right now ill be paing 7k pesos per month for 2 years, but if i wanna buy it next year in january lets say, the law that regulate that fees will be gone and the fee per month i got to pay gonna be of 10k for example, you understand why now?
>>
>>985192

It still makes no sense.
>>
>>985192
>Dont freaking know man, how i check that?

Dunno. Try to google some Argentinian brokers, if you can then I'd just buy US index funds if the fees aren't too high, particularly conversion fees.

It would be your best bet to have a bunch of money in the s&p500.
>>
buy a couple 100z bars of silver, make sure its real, lotta temptating to fake giant bars, dont buy a depreciating asset like a car just buy this to hold then sell later. make sure price of silver doesnt drop more than your protecting against from losing to inflation tho
>>
>>985199
Can you buy that online?
>>
>>985198
why not? explain pls
>>
>>985198
I think he said that the old government was subsidizing electronics and cars?
>>
>>985209
thats right, right there
>>
Take out loans with fixed interest rates.
>>
>>985213
exactly, thats why we wanna buy the car (not anymore) and the electronics, because those boughts are gonna be made in a future anyway
>>
Why SHOULDN'T I short the Argentinian dollar?
>>
>>985231
waht
>>
>>985268
If your currency is going to inflate. Why shouldn't I bet against it from now. As in 'sell' 100k pesos worth 10k dollars and then buy it back when 100k pesos is worth nothing?
>>
>>985301
Because buying currency is limited by the government right now. That's why it's price is gonna go to shit if the new government disables said regulation.
>>
>>985301
Because this has already been priced in.
>>
>>985161
Many Argentinians invest in american property at a small loss.
>>
>>985206
You're purchasing a depreciating asset. Even if you "make money" on the deal you'll be stabbing your profits in the back. Buy something like gold or better yet, US govt securities like T-bills if possible, or better yet put it in a foreign index fund.

If you actually need a car then now would be the time to buy, but if you just want to store value then put it into something that will actually hold its value over time.
>>
>>985203
listen to this guy
>>
>>985692
Also debt is the best investment you can make in an inflationary environment.
>>
>>985203
>make sure it's real
Sage advice there
>>
>>985161
Buy USD, buy EUR, buy stocks.
>>
>>985161
convert that shit hyperinflated currency into CHF, not EUR or USD, they are not stable, or buy real estate in your shithole, sell it once the inflation lowers to zero. Of course, if the government you will have will not permit private property ownership, convert it into CHF or run away while you can.
>>
>>985765
The new government won't restrict private property, it's right-leaning and mostly neo-liberal.
>>
If you think the value of the peso is going to go down further, put your money into commodities like gold and silver or even just hold US dollars and hope you don't get robbed by gangs/your government. General rule is that you want to put that money into something that will adjust in step with the change in the value of the peso, so usually something that you can sell outside of Argentina easily.

A car is a stupid idea because they lose value over time. It would only make sense if you needed to buy one anyways.
>>
>>985770
What are some good Argentina stocks to buy then? Because if Argentina had communism until now and is being converted into free market, we can be sure about fast growth of some state/half private monopoly... Which are publicly traded? Telecommunication, infrastructure (water supply, energetic sector), transport sector...? They will be for sure valued at zero prices due to interest of certain parties in Argentine to buy them cheap, exploit and sell, or just buy them cheap and grow... it was the same everywhere else.
>>
>>985824
>communism
what the fuck
is this really how the first world sees us? Or is it just ignorance?
>>
>>985181
THIS.

BUY COMMODITIES

Also:

Postealo en taringa, quizás te hagan reir.
>>
What the fuck is going on in this thread? Just go exchange them for a more stable currency you fucking sperglord. Euro or US dollar is probably the way to go.
>>
>>985161
You could maybe road trip to columbia or brazil and buy emeralds?
>>
>>985765
Actually, the franc isn't a bad idea either. Though I'm admittedly not educated on the matter, I'd think that the francs value is directly correlated with the value of the Euro and US dollar, no?
>>
>>986006
>the francs value is directly correlated with the value of the Euro and US dollar, no?
The francs value is best when accentuated by a quality bun , mustard and relish. Consider the Ballpark franc.
>>
Suck a thousand dicks for one dollar a pop.

No wait I mean put it all on VOO.

Sorry I'm getting my memes mixed up.
>>
>>985832
>>985841
Bro, you are fucking communist. Every single day under the K's you slowly but surely inched your way towards Venezuela's communism.

You are effectively considered a semi-communist country by anyone that follows news or geopolitical developments.

I mean... look at this thread. Do you think a well-run capitalist country would cause one of its citizens to do a thread like this?
>>
>>986006
>>986544
The franc is literally pegged to the Euro. And it might be readjusted (yet again) next year.

Buy USD 1st, CHF 2nd, EUR 3rd.

>>986004
ColOmbia you illiterate imbecile
>>
>>985161

emigrate to Italy/Spain wherever your grandparent came from
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.