[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>21 >no experience >70k$ starting salary, moves up rapidly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 10

File: mo1.jpg (39KB, 638x367px) Image search: [Google]
mo1.jpg
39KB, 638x367px
>21
>no experience
>70k$ starting salary, moves up rapidly
>only work 40-50 hours a week
>>
>>984364

>23
>college educated
>$108K
>20 hours a week

I'm assuming you're talking about yourself. I'm talking about myself.
>>
>19
>no experience
>10K, wage isn't moving up at all
>work 45 hours a week
>>
>>984364
must be nice having rich parents
>>
>>984401

having influential parents is better
>>
>>984418
Agreed. My parents were rich but did a pretty lousy job of being influential. Had to learn most of my money managing techniques myself. Could have saved me many mistakes.
>>
>>984364
That's a good start OP. Just be smart, live below your means, and start investing. Your biggest asset right now is time not your salary.
>>
This guy must be a BO$$
>>
fuck off
>>
>>984401
> 22
> 1 summer of experience
> $68k starting salary
> "work" 40hrs a week ( literally shitpost here about 4-5 hours a day and take 90 minute lunches )

my parents were poor as fuck.
thank god for affirmative action though, otherwise I might actually have to try at life.

must suck to be poor AND white kek.
>>
>>984401
Parents are middle class. They have no ties to the company I work for.
>>
>>984451

My parents were poor too. Mom cleans hotels. Dad never holds a job longer than a year. I went to college for nursing. 22 now and just got accepted into a school for NP degree. Gonna be $90K starting, unless I go into mental health then it'll be more like $70K. Coming from a trailer infested with cockroaches and fleas, and never owning more than 2 pair of jeans in my life, I'm proud of myself.
>>
>>984451
whats your job if you dont mind telling us senpai
>>
>20
>1 year experience
>14k
>only work 28 hours a week

It's a start. 20+ an hour with no certification feels good.
>>
>>984366
>>984364
What do you guys do, and how'd you get the chance?
Nepotism, or degree and good luck?/hard work
>>
>>984554

tech support & maintainace

nepotism + lucky investment + opportune connections + inflated reputation
>>
>>984451
Well you niggers definitely cried for a century to get better wages. I bet you get your parents to post your pays tub on the fridge.
>>
File: image.jpg (17KB, 480x443px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 480x443px
>21
>never worked a day in my life
>post stupid cod videos and commentaries
>mfw gaming and vlogging channel bring in 250-325k a year
>mfw richer then most of my neighbours
>mfw parents don't even know how much I make think it's like 60k
>mfw I get free flights and products
>mfw recognized in public by 13-25 year old bros
>mfw channel hasn't even exploded in growth yet.
>mfw never been stressed or had any sort of depression
>mfw hid money from gf but fucking 9/10 blond who's oblivious
>>
>>984632
wait what how are you monetizing the channel that much.
>>
>>984364
>>only work 40-50 hours a week

>only
>40-50hours

Jesus Christ

If you are going to waste all your youth working like that, just kill your self now and save your self from all does years of slavery
>>
>>984364
>20 years old
>no experience
>No salary because NEET
>only work 0 hours a week

s m f h

I am getting $20k soon from my parents lmao u mad
>>
>>984632

>things that never happened

Just prove it or fuck off faggot
>>
>>984650
Full ads + long videos + daily uploads + sponsorship deals etc etc
>>
>>984364
Do any of you Overpaids work from home here?
>>
>>984554
Im a trader. OP here
>>
>>984364
> 14
> have ig with over 1 mill followers, msotly older creppy dudes
> occationally get my little sister to take photos with my iphone then I apply an ig filter
"new bikini pic omg"
> 300k /y

step up you unattractive plebs
>>
File: 1313210103001.png (71KB, 500x452px) Image search: [Google]
1313210103001.png
71KB, 500x452px
>>984554
This guy sounds like the many who weren't taught shit and was allowed to graduate HS without knowing how anything worked

Heh what a shmuck...

>iftf though
>>
>>984516
software developer, it's the "good paying factory job" equivalent of the 21st century. anyone can do it

>>984590
my mum doesn't tell anyone actually.
my whole extended family is poor, and she knows they'd beg for money if they knew I wasn't. Not that I'm actually rich, but to poorfags there's no difference between earning $20/hr or $200/hr.

She won't even let me buy any of them Christmas presents kek.
>>
>>984743
You got that with no relevant experience? Which programming languages did you know before hand?

I know Java and HTML and I have 2 years retail experience.

Maybe it's about being in the right city for tech.
>>
>>984667
Wow man. Never seen so much money with my own eyes
>>
File: thisismyhomenow.jpg (108KB, 997x560px) Image search: [Google]
thisismyhomenow.jpg
108KB, 997x560px
23 and 60k with a film degree. I'm amazed I'm making this much with this useless degree. Perhaps the most useless degree I could have possibly gotten too.

But I got really lucky though. I got an internship out of college for a big corporation and my bosses started leaving left and right. Now I am the only person in the entire department, they'll probably be giving me a raise soon, all the while I'm using this lucked out title to apply to jobs I actually want to do.

Literally jumped five years of working for nothing thanks to my superiors leaving. Now I look like I'm a go getter who advanced to a leadership role in a matter of months.
>>
>>984753
I was doing C++ in college, but the job was for a Java developer. I learned it that on the job and was just starting to get the hang of it, but my company just got bought out and next year we're porting all our shit to JavaScript and making them webapps, which I also have no clue how to do.

I wish I could tell you there's some secret to getting a sweet gig with no experience, but there isn't. My city doesn't even a "techy" city.
>>
>>984758
>Wow man. Never seen so much money with my own eyes

Feels good bro.

I'm gonna open broker account soon and buy a bunch of /biz/ meme stocks
>>
>>984753
>>984765
Learn Php you keks. PHP7 is going to be god-like
>>
>>984768
php is curry tier

all the hottest meme companies are using JS on the front end and Node JS on the back end
>>
>>984772
Node.js is a fucking SJW meme. What kind of fucking imbecile THOUGHT OF JAVASCRIPT FOR BACKEND

Php has been around for ever, WILL be around forever and php7 is many times better than almost everything else.

http://www.zend.com/en/resources/php7_infographic

read it and weep, faggot
>>
>>984776
there's no doubt php is better, but in a world with transactions on the order of fractions of a millisecond, "300% faster" means practically nothing.

the JS meme is strong because companies don't really want to have diverse technologies . they want to fire and hire quickly when they need to. using only one language everywhere makes that easy.
>>
File: image.jpg (403KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
403KB, 1080x1920px
>>984674
Jealousy sucks doesn't it?
>>
>>984789
Node.js was le trashed when someone was metaphorically crucified for posting an eggplant... The sjws said he was being misogynistic because it's phallic or something.

Anyway PHP is by far the most widely used and PHP7 and laravel are great. Best part of all is that it will still be around 5 or 10 years from now. Can't say the same for some meme language/framework.
>>
Node.js and all of those other JS frameworks are literally garbage tier. PHP7 will shit on all of them.
>>
>>984819
I still can't believe someone had the "bright idea" to think of JS for backend. Literally why
>>
>>984819
t. Raj Pondicherry
>>
>>984822

I have absolutely no idea. I first learned PHP 10 years ago and I know it'll still be around in 10 years. Node.js on the other hand will be replaced with another meme framework and all of the faggy development studios will wank themselves silly over it, not realising that the best solution to their server side programming issues was already there.
>>
>>984765
What city? I'm in new york and I just don't get replies. I've been applying to shit for some time now.

I graduated in eco instead of comp sci so that is most likely why I have not had replies. Every dev job post I see wants a bachelor's in comp sci and sometimes engineering but nothing else. It can't be my grades, they are decent and I've taken a software and database programming course too.

Did you have many projects on some public repo? I've been programming as a hobby for years but I don't have anything useful I can put on say github, just anime and adult related I don't want that to be public. I am confident that I can do most things required of junior devs though.
>>
>>984364
How much dick are you sucking brosef?
>>
>>984838
>I first learned PHP 10 years ago and I know it'll still be around in 10 years

Yep. PHP is just the gold standard.

All this gay ass Rails and meme.js will die as quickly as they came into the spotlight. I mean I can understand a lot of the hate PHP got in earlier versions but that was years ago... And yeah the Indian curry code as a lot of people say was a problem but that's just because of how widely used it is compared to everything else. It falls more on the programmer rather than a fault of the language.
>>
>>984896

don't congratulate yourselves too much

while still active, the programming world is slowly moving away from the classical imperative and is slowly moving into functional programming.

php is the father of server side, but soon it'll become the grandfather and can sit out on the porch smoking a pipe and reminisce about the old times with fortran.

ror had the right idea, but it was just too early.
>>
>>984906
Too bad that PHP7 btfos everything else, huh?

What is better than PHP tbqh? Fucking Djano/flask?
>>
>>984364
>14
>HS drop out
>make 420K
>work 20 hrs a week

Step your game up, faggot
>>
>>984632

link channel or you're a faggot
>>
Buisness Analyst /manager ( i have a managers title but im the only one in my department)

Conpany is paying for my $40k masters.... So bo complaints

Also they are a global company and a good resume buff
>>
>>984957
>28 years old
>Earning less than 50k

fuck and I thought i was pathetic. lmao
>>
>>984958
I know. But late start. I only graduated in 2014. Was a neet/ kek before that
>>
>23
>4 year degree (not business related)
>started around $22k, year later bumped up to $32k
>work on average 30-40 hours per week

I assume most of you making more than 60k or 70k in your low 20s either got the job through nepotism or live somewhere with a ridiculous cost of living?
>>
>>984966
Neither of those. I got a good degree and did internships and got a good job in finance. OP here.
>>
File: 1439479439768s.jpg (8KB, 198x248px) Image search: [Google]
1439479439768s.jpg
8KB, 198x248px
>>984968

>good job in finance
>40-50 hours a week
>>
>>984968

also

>did internships
>no experience

??? pick 1 faggot
>>
>25
>slacked my way through college
>$220k before bonus
>40 hours max each week
>>
>>984966
>26
>81k+bonuses (Dev-Ops)
>work ~30 hours per week

I was qualified for my job, steadily climbed the IT & Programming ladders separately from the age of 17 with my first internship. But even still, cost of living is a murderous cunt.
>>
>>984632
>>985110
>>984722

In a thread with 35 posters, we have 3 people claim to be in the top 1% of U.S. income earners.

Nice.
>>
>>985126
>claim

I am >>985110 and won't lie that I got my job thanks to nepotism
>>
26 years old
work 40 hours a week in accounting
35k/year
have a bachelor's degree from a state university

Guys I gotta tell you, I graduated from a really good business school at a state university.. one of my college peers works for goldman sachs another one is already making 6 figures as an investment banker, another old buddy has an 80k/yr job in supply chain..

If any of you go to college, NETWORK AND DO INTERNSHIPS. I have the same degree as the guys I graduated with but all I did at college was weight lift 6 days a week and fuck college sluts... I did zero networking and no internships and it has really set me far back :(
>>
>>984476
Good for you. We need more nurses with a grateful perspective on life. Most of the nurses I've worked with are shitstains that can't be bothered to do their job.
>>
>>985133
What do you do?

Sorry if I come off a bit assholish, but 200k and up are incredibly high once you consider the median personal income is around 27k, and the median for people with bachelor's degrees is around 48k.
>>
>>984966
I can't image spending 4 years worth of tuition to only get 22k starting, I want to say I'm sorry for you but I'm really not
>>
>>985134
>four years of fucking hot college sluts who legitimately want to fuck you.

You won then, they win now. We all die eventually, your life has already outstriped what theirs ever will be.
>>
>>985145
I work in HFT, specifically in researching new models for us to trade.

I was lucky enough to grow up in a town full of Wall Streeters, and work directly and indirectly with a lot of people I grew up with.
>>
>>985173
I guess that's just the way it goes, all about who you know.

>>985166
Jesus man, girls aren't everything.
>>
>>985207
Yeah man, we were one of the "less fortunate" families on the block -- I grew up in a /biz/ paradise. We were the only house without a Porsche in the driveway (or garage).

I have to thank my dad, his advise from when I was young was "its not what you know, it's who you know." I figured I could maximize my gains by being smart and networking -- so far its paid off.
>>
>>985221
Some tips on networking?
>>
>Literally just turned 33
>104k
>50-60 hours a week
>the belly of the beast of healthcare
>no debt and own several properties
>got dat wage slave routine down tho
>guess I'll work forever.
>>
>be me
>earn a million dollars per second
>have 10/10 European supermodel gf
>live on my own private carribean island
>drive a custom commissioned Ferrari hypercar that's the only one of its kind
>have a yacht that's 1000 feet long
Stay mad poorfags.
>>
>>985224
I get asked this a lot, I'm not quite sure how I pull it off -- seems to come naturally.

Here are some of the things I do which I think helped my success:

When meeting someone whether its the first time or you are reconnecting, ask for a business card and send a follow up email within a week or so.

Every few months I'll host networking events at a bar or cigar lounge near my work where I invite my "network" and ask them to bring someone new to the party. Sure you end up meeting a lot of tools, but you don't have to invite them to the next one. I've met both great friends and business contacts this way.

Never pass up an opportunity when someone invites you out. The worst that happens is you have a bad night out, still better than a depressing night on 4chan.

Most people love talking about themselves, I know this sounds fake and annoying but keep them engaged and keep asking questions. I love hearing other people's views either they will be insane and you get a good chuckle or you've met a new friend who shares the same ideas. People will love you if you just listen.

Don't have a couch or TV at home -- it forces you to be mediocre since you always have an out. Try and be engaged each night, whether its at the gym, with friends or just reading and relaxing.

> you don't follow your own advice
Had a quick night with some friends after work. I'm back at my parents house since my fathers birthday is tomorrow.
>>
>be me 24
>just graduated out of Harvard
>make $500,000 per month
>have 2 wives and my own personal jet
>stay jelly poor fags
>>
File: 57881958.jpg (86KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
57881958.jpg
86KB, 400x400px
>29yo
>250k
>25h weekly
>own multiple apartments all over the world

i guess i'll just wageslave
>>
File: 1440536781746.gif (971KB, 500x490px) Image search: [Google]
1440536781746.gif
971KB, 500x490px
>>985252
Patrick Bateman pls go
>>
>>985252
Im too young (21) to be there asking for business cards, most possible the ppls i meet dont even have one, i study bussiness here in argentina, i think the best way making networking here is making friends at partys or something, and maybe internships, you agree? also where i can meet potential networking
Thanks for the advises man
>>
>>985207
I was trying to brighten your day, but if you're gonna be a faggot then enjoy being poor.
>>
>>985259
what you do?
>>
>>985252
Good story about how it seems to come naturally. I thought I was just lucky, but this is when I realized it was more:

>be me and a freshman in college
>get interview at large brokerage for derivatives sales intership (neighbor growing up was a BSD there)
>led in to room full of curryniggers by qt HR girl
>they ask what I'm looking to do at the company
>me: "the last thing i want to do is sit in a room with no windows programming some back office bullshit"
>them: "then what did you come to this interview for"
>I kindly tell them this must be the wrong interview and walk out
>tell HR girl this is the wrong interview and they are unprofessional, how could they fuck something so simple up
>go home
>4 hours later get email from HR girl
>sorry for mistake
>tech team loved you, offer letter attached
>derivs team lol'd at how you treated IT, offer letter attached
>i live down the street from you let's grab a drink some time
>mfw
>>
>>985272
pic of HR girl
also, wtf is HR
>>
>>985263
I'm no Bateman, need to lose some weight and do crunches every morning first. My hair does look like that when slicked back though.

>>985266
Yeah you have to feel out the crowd. I was lucky enough to get invited to more "business" events when I was in college and people were 10-15 years older so they all had cards.

Just get people's email, numbers or add them on facebook then. Shoot a message over with the basic canned response below to the people who you think will add the most value to your life.

<name>,
It was great to meet you on Friday! I'm glad we got to discuss <generic topic> and saw eye-to-eye on <specific topic>. I can't wait to hear more about your <project or idea, etc>

Lets grab drinks again soon,
Anon
>>
>>985282
>NEET
>have never looked at jobs before
Human Resources -- they handle all the BS administrative stuff about hiring and feelings
>>
File: lisa.jpg (3KB, 126x126px) Image search: [Google]
lisa.jpg
3KB, 126x126px
>>985288
I do not speak english, that why i didnt get the term, here is RR.HH
>>
>>985286
We're not dissimilar, but I have to admit that the old standby advice of ask people about themselves doesn't work for certain people unless you're really charismatic.

In my experience, it helps to offer something of yourself first, make a statement, give them something to respond to.

I dunno, just a thought, keep doing your thing, man.
>>
>>985286
Thanks so much for the responde good anon, i have two last question if you want to response them
1) how you know which ppl will add the most value to your life
2) how to have a generic conversation, im not shy whatsoever, just wanna know what generic topic i can bring up whenever i meet a new person aiming to networking, if you know what i mean. or some chat techniques
thanks goat anon
>>
>>985292
np bro

>>985296
Agreed, again its all about knowing your audience. Some people will respond better if you open up first. I will normally initiate small talk and after a few minutes its easy to go from there.

>>985297
1) all about first impressions with me, no doubt I've connected with the wrong people and missed some opportunities but you don't have to keep in contact with the losers. You can't take back not connecting with the right people though, that's why no matter how I get along with someone I'll still try and grab their contact details and if I feel like connecting I can always reach out.
2) Techniques is the wrong term I think -- you aren't trying to game the system you are just trying to make real conversation. Literally just talk about what comes up naturally, after a few minutes you should see what is interesting.

Its all a numbers game I think, if you go out and start conversations with people the worst that will happen is you guys don't click and you never see them again. No different than not talking to them at all
>>
>>985269
I'm not the same guy...
>>
>>985322
What did I look like, some sort of non-faggot? I'm not going to read IDs.
>>
File: cia.jpg (42KB, 716x716px) Image search: [Google]
cia.jpg
42KB, 716x716px
>>985331
Considering you can't even hold a conversation, yeah I'd say you're a big fag.
>>
>>984793
this is a 'proof' of something?
>>
>>985166
I would rather have networked. I slept around in college but it warped my perception of women.. to this day I still think women are all sluts. I can't connect with women emotionally and I haven't had a serious relationship in almost a decade.

This isn't a therapy session and I don't want to derail this thread - but girls really are just a distraction and nobody should ever feel validated by having sex with any woman
>>
>>985266
>Argentina
Lo mejor para vos es irte a los estados unidos.
>>
> 22
> just jumped from 52k to 80k
> tech industry ftw
> looking to buy a house next week.
>>
>>984776
language doesn't matter if you're piling pure shit on top of it.
>>
>>985414
>not buying an apartment, moving out after a couple years and renting it
>>
>>985399
No queremos más nargentinos narizones aqui. Vete a Europa disfrazado como "refugee".
>>
>>984722
>>984919
Underaged b&.
Thread posts: 98
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.