[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BROS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I came up with an idea... Imagine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: virtual-windows-1000x667.jpg (97KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
virtual-windows-1000x667.jpg
97KB, 1000x667px
BROS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I came up with an idea...

Imagine if there was a mass produced virtual window product, in all offices, or manufacturing plants or whatever where you're inside all the time.

They'd come in all shapes and sizes, and basically it'd have a variety of preset locations of moving looped video, but if connected to wifi it could perhaps livestream HD live cameras around the world, setup by the company

So what say you, bros? Could this idea take off?
>>
>>983138
BUMP
>>
>>983138
No it's shit.
>>
>>983154
Why wouldn't companies or households buy this in droves?
>>
>>983158
Because light from monitors is absolutely shit.
>>
>>983161
LED, brah
>>
>>983138
only if it had a setting to be transparent
>>
File: windows_xp_bliss-wide.jpg (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
windows_xp_bliss-wide.jpg
1MB, 1920x1200px
>>983138
Sooooooooooooooooo.....................
The idea is a computer monitor? I think we have those. And I think I've even seen some displaying pictures of the outdoors before.
>>
>>983138
You wanna get rid of all windows and replace them with virtual windows? I'd wanna kill myself if the windows were displaying anything but the outside.
>>
>>983178
It wouldn't be a computer monitor lol, that'd be terrible
>>
>>983182
No, it's places where there are no windows....
>>
people tried to do this and there was even a kickstarter where a simple lcd display showed some artist's paintings in a slide show. the question is how cheap can you make these?
>>
>>983177
This, seriously.

Unless you can offer a window that does this (you can't) then don't bother.
>>
>>983138
Have you ever seen the movie The Island OP
>>
>>983224
>>983227
So what? You're going to hang flat screen TVs then and just call them "Virtual windows"?
>>
>>983138
Do you have any idea at all what it would take technologically? This fake window would have to show a different sight for every angle, a different sight for every person in the room. The quality would have to be much better thatn that of currently existing screens.

It's not a new idea at all, it's been here for a long time. The reason we don't have such windows is that we are not able to make them just yet.
>>
I think this is a good idea.

Don't listen to the fuckin haters on this board, they would rather curse the world than fucking try anything.

Find the flattest screen you possibly can, build a frame around it. then you have a prototype.

I do see one issue though, that you would need to address. The image wouldnt have any depth. So as the viewer walked around, it would clearly be a flat image and not very realistic. So, if you could tag something to the person that would track their movement, and the image could change as they walked by, it could truly create the illusion that they are really looking through a window.

Good luck. I just started a business 2 months ago, and it's really starting to pick up.
>>
>>983603
>So, if you could tag something to the person that would track their movement, and the image could change as they walked by, it could truly create the illusion that they are really looking through a window.

Wouldn't work for more people. How about this OP? Google-glass type of goggles that you can use to videochat with people in other places as if they were in the room.

Software-generated avatar animation based on a picture of the face and two cameras on the glasses pointing down the body as to track the movement.

Decide positioning of the overlay person based on your position in the room as not to carry your co-speaker around with you.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.