[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 25 and just started a bridging at uni. I caught up with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: 1363316895630.jpg (28KB, 380x319px) Image search: [Google]
1363316895630.jpg
28KB, 380x319px
I'm 25 and just started a bridging at uni. I caught up with my neighbour whos 52 and started saying its too late and that I should just join the army. He says he doesn't understand why I have a girlfriend, says im a loser and that I'm a failure and to just join the army. Said I need to live in the now and that Im unemployable. I now think I'm suffering from anxiety and haven't been to the gym in 2 weeks. I dovt get to sleep until 3 am and cant stop thinking that my future is fkd.
>>
>>982778
go to r9k and complain there
>>
>>982783
im hardly complaining, my mind is just fkd and looking for some biznessman help and thoughts
>>
>>982784
its never too late, dont listen to old geasers. In pissed cause you are giving up so easily.
>>
>>982788
well i was hearing this shit for about 4 hours, constant bullshit
>>
>>982789
then what do you want to know ? you really think you'll get world business tips to make you a millionaire here ?
>>
>>982793
yes
>>
Stop taking financial and life advice from boomers
>>
>>982801
what are boomers?
>>
>>982849

The fat dudes in Left 4 Dead 2.
>>
>>982850
dont know why someone would want to fuk with someones head 35 years their minor :/ pretty mentally fkd atm...am i really too late with uni or any sort of career?
>>
Look at the guy giving you advice. Does he represent all you aspire to be? The person you want to become? The pinnacle of your achievement?

Of course he doesn't. Don't listen to anyone who doesn't offer you something constructive or represent something you want to attain.
>>
>>982778
Why would you ever take a 52 year old who lives in the same neighbourhood as a 25 year old NEET seriously? He's pissed off that he didn't achieve much in life so he's putting you down. Depending on where you're working you can just bullshit and tell people you worked online for a few years before going to university, or worked in oil, or some shit. But realistically, nobody cares when you start your first day of work in a new industry.

Also the military isn't a bad idea for everyone. I would only go for an officer position but if this depressing waste of an old man actually got in your head, it's a reliable way to employment.
>>
>>982862
first off im not a NEET, where I live in Australia is absolutely fkd in employment atm. 20% unemployment rate with 8000 people unemployed. After I finished school money was more valuable to me than more school plus I was brought up working class, hardly anyone in my family went to Uni. So now Im back at school

So far Ive worked in various docks, factories, mining, industrial type areas as well as customer service and food. Its just fkd that all these jobs never seem to last
>>
>>982867

Where you at m8? I can throw you some casual work, $25 an hour though maybe only a few hours a week. You must have virtually no gag reflex and be clean shaven/have a feminine penis.
>>
>>982872
nice nogan dog
>>
>>982778
Do rotten old fucks really have that much influence on you? Why the fuck do you care what that old man has to say?

And if your so concerned about just appearing to be a failure, then why don't you start up a small business as a side hustle while looking for work? You never know, if it picks up then it could eventually be your main employment.
>>
Joining army is rarely a good idea, you're fine OP don't let your neighbor get to you. Sounds like he's just bitter over his own poor career choices.
>>
>>982890
well hes pretty sucessful, he works for a bank
>>
>>982912
That doesn't mean shit. He's probably just pissed that he couldn't work at some firm.
>>
>>982867
They probably don't last cause you are a little bitch that gets rekt by old men. Being in the bottom 20% of people must be shit.
>>
File: trash_it_goes.png (407KB, 570x489px) Image search: [Google]
trash_it_goes.png
407KB, 570x489px
>>982778
You have no idea of army life. Literally degenerates giving you orders 24h7. You wont find too many people with iq over 100 over there
>>
>>982912
Working at a "bank" could also mean being the teller at some shitty credit union. Just working for a bank doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>983440
>>983438
>>983433
mind yous this piece of crap tried to get me to sign upto a loan that very night, like i wanted to be in debt
>>
holy fuck i have seen this post before
>>
>>982778
Breh there are people in my class at your age or maybe even older than you, some even have kids

Im doing CS
I don't know what bridging is but unless your future job prospects look bleak you'll be fine
Don't listen old fucks
>>
>>983623
yeah theres probably a hole heap of boomers fkn with peoples heads hahaaha

>>983676
its a bridging course which ive completed now, gives me a high ATAR and law is my first choice
>>
>>982778
It's certainly not too late to finish uni. I have plenty of classmates your age or older that are successfully graduating and getting jobs. Heck, you would likely be more employable than younger graduates, due to your work experience. Don't listen to your neighbor, he sounds like a cunt. If you are really worried, try getting an internship that relates to your major(s). It will likely be temporary, but you never know, it might lead to a job!
>>
>>983676
How is CS ? Im in my first year of chemical engineering and I'm thinking of switching to CS. I hear it's a lot easier than engineering and more relaxed.
>>
>>982853
You're behind but that's no reason to give up. Sure you'll likely never surpass the powerhouse that's been working on himself constantly since age 12, but luck favors the prepared and so much in this world comes down to being in the right place at the right time and having the competency to take advantage of it.

Keep working at it. Don't give up.
>>
>>982778
Bash that fukin neighbors head in
>>
>>982778 If you get so easily influenced by the other party it really will be very hard for you in the future. You are the type of person who loves to take orders so yeah, maybe the army is for you.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.