[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you recall a product that would kill lives if you calculate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 1448832805732.jpg (1MB, 2000x1275px) Image search: [Google]
1448832805732.jpg
1MB, 2000x1275px
Would you recall a product that would kill lives if you calculate that paying the lawsuits would be less expensive than recalling the product?
>>
>>981841
>that would kill lives
>>
>>981841
Yes. Even in the purest business sense, your reputation has a value as well.
>>
Welcome to the automobile industry. This is done all the time.
>>
>>981841
No.
>>
>>981841
Depends on price calculation between the two
>>
>>981841
fuck no man

who gives a shit, everyone is a sinner
>>
>>981841
I watched Fight Club too bro
>>
Yes, the risk of it getting out is too great. When it inevitably did, my reputation would be ruined. Customers wouldn't buy my shit, suppliers wouldn't work with me etc.

Better to take the hit, lose some money so I can keep making money in the future.
>>
>>982627
Thanks for the PSA Edward Norton.
>>
>>981841
iirc a company :didn't: recall a product (a car iirc) because it was more profitable not to

fucked their shit up when word got out
>>
Ford Pinto. Its the reason you Americans have punitive damages. Interesting read.
>>
>>982637
>>982733
Happens for reals, yo

>The company...paid compensation for 124 deaths. The fault had been known to GM for at least a decade prior to the recall being declared

>>982743
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Motors_ignition_switch_scandal
>>
>>981841
I love her so much
>>
Depends...

Lets say it's a car and the brakes are gonna fail, which is gonna totally fuck someone, yeah I'd recall it.

If it's like a kids toy, and 1 in 1 million dolls, a foot is gonna fall off, and a kid MIGHT swallow it and choke, nah I'm not recalling it.
>>
>>981841
Why wouldn't you? Ladders and bathtubs literally could not exist without this rationale. Should the whole world stop producing anything that someone might possibly hurt themselves with simply because a small but litigious minority of users die?
>>
>>981841
you aren't going to 'calculate' the true cost of the feds fucking you in the ass, potential jail time for gross negligence, and the ill-will of society based on your reputation
>>
>>981841
what about brand image nigger?
>>
>>982971
you love niggers, nigger
kill yourself
>>
>>981841
Murder charges.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jltnBOrCB7I

/thread
>>
File: 10929457903.jpg (7KB, 275x297px) Image search: [Google]
10929457903.jpg
7KB, 275x297px
Holy fucking shit dude, I'm taking Business Ethics 101 too!

Every business major ever has taken this course before and there is literally no point in asking that fucking loaded question.
>>
File: Untitled.png (322KB, 473x452px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
322KB, 473x452px
>>981843
>>
>>981841
Who's the bangbros bitch?
>>
>>981841
Absolutely, then I would notify the public through some sort of ad campaign. Johnson & Johnson did just that whenever their baby Advil was killing babies. They lost money from the recall, but have gained long-term from the move by creating an image of care and safety for the company.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.