[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Boss Leaving, Expected to Take His Place

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (63KB, 1000x602px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63KB, 1000x602px
So I started a job six months ago as an intern, working with the only two people in the department. When one of the two left, I took her place as an associate. And now, my bosses's boss has informed me my immediate boss (the only other guy in our department) is leaving in a month.

So in the span of six months I'll have gone from an intern to the lead of a department in a large corporation.

Problem is I don't want this fucking job. That's why my bosses left. Now I'll have much more work and I will feel quilty if I leave, as I've been applying all over and hoping to abandon ship. Now, I don't know if that's an option, since once I leave our "department" (all with one member, me) will vanish.

My current boss handles pretty much all communication between all the other departments we work with; and he's really good at it. I'm damn near autistic and will be expected to fill that role.

How the fuck do I handle transitioning into a leading role that I'm vastly unqualified to take? Do I even ask for pay and title raises, especially if I'm going to be leaving soon anyhow? I went from 18/hr to 30/hr after I took my one bosses's job, and my other boss implied he was making six figures.
>>
>>981555
>quit job
>suck dicks

or take the job and just try your best. keep some other jobs on the back burner if you fail
>>
I wouldn't expect them to hand over his salary to you...his duties, of course, but not salary...unless he's been there like a year.

Try it out for a while and if it doesn't work find another job. There might be a lot to adjust to but that will taper off; so you just have to be willing to make mistakes and keep showing up at work for the next however long.

Alternatively, leave now.
>>
>>981555
>feeling guilty
Don't. Do you think companies feel guilt when they fire people as the only way they can "raise profits"? Hint: they don't.

It's nothing personal, it's business. Do what's good for you, and put yourself first. That's what the company is going to do too
>>
I guess its too early to really tell what to do. All I can do is just keep applying and hope I manage to hook and switch to another company soon.

Its just shitty that this is a good opportunity for somebody who'd want the job, especially someone like me right out of college. but the job is soul sucking (instructional videos for printers).
>>
>>981632
>Instructional videos for printers

Are you fucking joking do you know how cushy that is compared to what else is out there? If your autism can't handle that then say goodbye to most other office jobs
>>
>>981632
>Instructional videos for printers

Actually, just look for another job immediately.
>>
>>981555
>How the fuck do I handle transitioning into a leading role that I'm vastly unqualified to take?

You realize most managers know absolutely fuck all and have gotten their job through "people skills". If you can hit forward in outlook you are qualified to be a manager.
>>
>>981555
>Goes from 35k to 100k salary in 6 months
>complains

/biz/ everyone.
>>
>>981650
He's getting 30$/hr. That's about 60k gross.

OP many people who keep climbing the ladder feel like they can't perform. Don't let it get you down, the worst is they move you back. Worst case is see you work in that position for a year and take a 1st level supervisor job at a place you want to work with better pay. It's a great opportunity if your personal life is in order and you can plan ahead
>>
>>981555
You sound like my wife. She was offered a better paying position and refused because "muh responsibility"
I spend significantly less money on her now since she essentially robbed the family of about $20,000 per year
>>
>>981743
Sounds like my mom. Has manager experiwnce all over resume, im 19 and i make more than her because shes just chilled in her job of one year at a shit company instead of getting paid fairly somewhere else
>>
>>981555

Keep the job for at least a month or two, it will look really good on a resume.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.