[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Problem with stock

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 16

File: DSCN8206.jpg (493KB, 1120x789px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN8206.jpg
493KB, 1120x789px
I can't sell my art. Some of it has been stacked to the rafters through cultural mining, but I can't explain it to you, everyone will deny it, it won't make the people happy I wanted it to, but it has value that I can't get to. You're also too stupid to buy it even if I price it sensibly (at huge personal loss). What a fuck. I can't turn it into money , help.
>>
you only want to tell me it's shit OR you have a vested interest in its sabotage

>let us see it
>>
File: chimpanzees-e1313409013363.jpg (88KB, 580x386px) Image search: [Google]
chimpanzees-e1313409013363.jpg
88KB, 580x386px
>Worth more than you'll ever pay for it. Unrepeatable High quality that you have never even experienced but you don't want it
>>
/ic/ here. I actually sell commissions from time to time. There's a couple different pricing models you should be aware of, as well as sales strategies.

I'm happy to try and help. Post your work so i know what I'm dealing with.

>Unrepeatable high quality
What the fuck does this even mean?
>>
>>981472
also what does this have to do with stock? Are you trying to make a metaphor or something?
>>
>>981500
>/ic/ here
>>
>>981513
He means physical inventory, as in "We have that in stock"
>>981472
OP you can't sell it because you're a faggot and nobody likes talking to you.
>>
>>981472
Are you talking about etsy right now......
>>
>>981518
>OP you can't sell it because you're a faggot and nobody likes talking to you.

incorrect statement

>>981526
>Are you talking about etsy right now......

I'd never heard of Etsy
>>
http://www.artbusiness.com/pricerealistic.html
>>
>>981544
yeah

uh.

It's worth about £1,000 easily.

framed and spun around the room I'd pay £2,500 and not even care to haggle them down.

My top price is....
>>
>>981472

Stop waffling bullshit, just post some of it.
>>
>>981472
You just need to die OP. Then your art will sell for millions.
>>
>>981532
Dwight, you ignorant slut.
>>
>>981514
>http://www.artbusiness.com/pricerealistic.html

Yes, that's us. All we care about is how to Git Gud. Hitler could never git gud and is a prime example of how bad it can be if you don't.

Anyway, get on with it and show us your work. What's the point of this thread if you don't?
>>
>>981608
whoops i was talking about the hitler photo, didn't know I had anything highlighted when I posted. Ignore the greentext
>>
>>981472
If its shitty, it wont sell.

We cant rule that out if you wont even let anyone look at your product.

I cant speak for everyone, but im not interested in giving you invalid or unjustified criticism.

Art is a visual medium.
>>
>>981672
>If its shitty, it wont sell.

We're in the modern era and fine art is in incredible jeopardy, your statement with regard to painting has been dis-proven over and over again.

Rather you want to blame your inadequacy of taste on me.

Or more to the point you enjoy the cruelty of sincere failure.

So around I go, how do I find that person that cares?
>>
>>981926
Right here bro. I'm the guy who's been posting sight-size studies of a mouth cast in the draw thread on /ic/. I'm super aware that the fine art world is in trouble and I'm actively working to rectify it. I am someone who cares. If you don't believe me I'll mention this post next time I update over there.

Now post you work so we can have a discussion about adequately pricing it.
>>
>>982058
oh man. We have different opinions on 'fine art'. You know? I'm pushing forward the painterly language, you're gonna clip me around the ear and dig up a CGI Minotaur.

I do prefer jazz actually.
>>
The whole modern art market is a front for rich Jews to evade tax. You should know this already, OP.

If you can't market yourself that's your own damn fault. Every cruddy artist believes they're a cruelly unrecognised talent.
>>
>>982097
>>982097
Jazz? CGI Minotaur? What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
la ;lalalalalalalla

lalalalalalalalla

lala

la la la
>>
>>981472
do requests, supply demand, also take advice from this jew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVkLVRt6c1U
>>
>>982197
Good post, but he's just trolling:
>>982187
He doesn't have quality paintings, and definitely won't post anything.
>>
>>982197
>Do requests
they want them for nothing or so cheap they rob me, but they don't really want a painting they want the money.

>supply demand
I am s.p.e.c.i.a.l. and people are interested in what I'm doing but I can't meet one good person.

And if I do I'm "why don't we do this?" and it's a total void, for ..... a long time of my life.

I can't make them anymore, because people have hugely profited out of it by taking my themes but excluded me, There's nothing left.

It makes me sick to paint as the whole struggle that it is rebounds on me to my destruction.

I'm not watching the video
>>
>>982277
>they want them for nothing or so cheap they rob me, but they don't really want a painting they want the money.

Anything is worth what someone will pay for it. Chances are you are severely overhyping your shitty crayon drawing. The fact that you're a eurofag doesn't help.

Basically you're a huge retard, fuck off
>>
>>981514

Sick sick sick response to someone trying to offer you real advice, great job OP, no wonder no one will buy your stupid ass scribbles you pretentious faggot.
>>
And it's a truth. How easily the art world was rigged to artificiality float bad art is a problem when art actually matters
>>
File: SimplyLiz-blog.jpg (35KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
SimplyLiz-blog.jpg
35KB, 500x500px
"Wahooo"

it is a bit funny I guess, but after a while it's "like seriously now guys"

fucked up Elizabeth Taylor isn't saving ya
>>
>>982303
Could you stop typing like a faggot so I don't have to decipher everything you say. Please and thank you.

If that's your drawing I'd pay 45 bucks tops for it, looks like it belongs on a trashy t-shirt
>>
>>982321

It's worth over 20 mill rofl, I probably wouldn't take advice from this guy.
>>
>>982303
This isn't your blog to whine about your personal life and there's an art board for mourning the state of art. You don't like Warhol, fine. You want help, let us try. Otherwise fuck off.

Sage and report.
>>
>>982494
/ic is toxic.

I know that if you're from /ic you're not here to help me.

I know my art has value. I can't find the person that values it.

I don't have means to promote it.

I also have a lot of industry people using lots of power to restrain me.

I can't afford large stunts, the best I can come up with is criminality then they'd find it harder not to report my existence. But that runs contrary to my beliefs on art.

It's a really tough one.

It needs co-operation, but even people that like what I do don't want to work with me.

It's so inexplicable. While my broker friend tells me they'll be worth a large amount.

But I can't get to it, and if I can't get to it I can't make more.

It's a genuine business dilemma h18, you horrid person. Go back to taunting /v's that like to sketch.
>>
File: Cat - Fucking mapquest!.jpg (38KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Cat - Fucking mapquest!.jpg
38KB, 600x400px
>>981472

Is this English?
>>
>>982538
how do you know it has value? if no one seems to care about it but you, then how does it have extrinsic value? I think you've got an audience of 1 op
>>
>>982494

Are you seriously reporting shit like this faggot? Fuck off to reddit if you want to get mad like a whinny bitch when someone doesn't agree with your opinion you retarded piece of shit.
>>
>>982550
because

1) Some big companies have lifted my imagery and made money from it, so something about it must work

2) I can compare it to other art that sells for a greater price and know mine is of better quality

*sigh*

what? it's me, we've been doing this for years....
>>
File: artleo.com-1585.jpg (132KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
artleo.com-1585.jpg
132KB, 800x480px
>>982578
the answer is none of you know

"we can't get in touch with the people that did this to you, and even if we did they'll tell us to fuck off. Nobody here has any clout in the UK gallery system or knows anything about the art markets. And if you have this weird thing where you're well known but shut out... that's it, you're well known but shut out"

what do I do?

"... "
>>
>>983087

You seem to be under the impression that being difficult and cryptic makes you clever. It doesn't. It makes you a moron. Intelligence lies in explaining complex ideas simply, not in occluding simple ideas with complex explanations.

>what do I do?

You stop shitting up /biz/ with your inane ramblings, and go and hang yourself from the nearest rafter?
>>
>>983114
Genuine business problem. I alone can't take on the big guys.

I can think a solution in my head (Impresario, lots of good new artists, put on a show and force 'our' way in)

But the benefit system doesn't stretch to me doing it all myself.

Or find a private collector like Matisse.
>>
>>983189
apparently, no one liked Matisse either. It's such a joke. Dad was saying, he sold a lot of it privately so it meant he kept an underground status and was derided by a lot of the art world as inferior to the big names around him, for example Picasso.

But then at least he was paid for it.

It's like saying "I will be a civil engineer, but I can't afford to build a bridge. Why... I shall make one anyway"
>>
I would buy it but OP won't post it, maybe he's gay
>>
I think art should work how it used to. You paint some shit that the buyer wants you to paint and then they buy it. Also you had better be framing that shit yourself. Nobody can be bothered to do that.
>>
>>983821
too late, I gave it away

it's a problem isn't it? If I post it up here /ic will make up garbage saying it isn't any good , and you'll join in because you don't want to buy it and enjoy the sport.

BUT

you /biz wankers. None of you can answer my question

How do I sell a painting? I can't get an exhibition, the gallery system won't touch me. I can't get any press and anyone I meet to further my attempt ends up causing me more harm than good.

Added to that, I have enough notoriety that I'm also being stomped on by the industry to death.

what would you do?

all I can think of is violence
>>
File: Chruchatnightsmall.jpg (207KB, 693x875px) Image search: [Google]
Chruchatnightsmall.jpg
207KB, 693x875px
here's one, it's a great fun piece

("it'sshitit'sshitit'sshitit'sshitit'sshitit'sshitit'sshit")

it isn't , it's great. Put it in a fun heavy frame and it's right out of a horror film.

I'd like to make more BUT I CAN'T AFFORD THE PAINTS

so that's a shame then,

what can I do?

/ic will be here to say it's garbage, /biz aint go no fuking clue,

here I am
>>
>>984308
it glows in the dark and everything, what more could you want?
>>
>>984309
it's influenced by a British artist who's work does sell, and who was quite well known amongst certain circles.

So, when /ic coems along , they're criticism is wrong, it's a style of painting that has precedent.

and I did a good job, (photo could be better)

how do I sell it though?

£250 ? yeah easily

I'd pay £2,000

maybe £3,000
>>
>>981472
>I can't sell my art.
I'll give you 5 bucks a pop

It'll pay for your overpriced Starbucks coffee-flavored milkshake you hipster fuck
>>
>>984327
what does $5 a pop mean???
>>
>>984332
5 us dollars per painting

also can OP suck my d for a ten?

I'm basically a patron of the arts at this point
>>
>>984333
You could buy a pen drawing for $5
>>
>>984308
Can I see more? You're right, I don't know anything about art, but you are, possibly by design, a fucking horror show of a human being, and I'm very interested in seeing more of your work.
>>
File: 005.jpg (2MB, 3219x4714px) Image search: [Google]
005.jpg
2MB, 3219x4714px
>>984340
>>
File: 052 (2).jpg (3MB, 2990x4766px) Image search: [Google]
052 (2).jpg
3MB, 2990x4766px
>>
File: scan0004.jpg (1MB, 1688x2338px) Image search: [Google]
scan0004.jpg
1MB, 1688x2338px
>>
Your style is creepy. You're the type of asshole that's going to produce one of those cursed paintings people talk about... I like it!
>>
You should start a kickstarter to keep your work off the market before you create a work that kills a family in their sleep.
>>
File: 011.jpg (311KB, 863x790px) Image search: [Google]
011.jpg
311KB, 863x790px
yeah
>>
>>984385
Advertise your work as "the perfect gift for your enemies". I don't think anyone has done that yet, and your stuff bleeds animosity towards all life. Just looking at it has dragged my affect into the Void. That's a legitimate gift.
>>
>>984390
>Advertise your work
???
>>
>>984392
how the fuck? no-one will buy it.

some of it is worth a fortune and I'm giving it away.
>>
>>984394
It's worth what someone will pay for it, so if it only moves at $0/each, it's either worthless or your salesman is useless dog shit. Since I've seen dudes sell half a can of coke with meatball sub backwash in it for more than retail price, we can assume everything has some value; consequently, we are left with cause-b: your salesman is a miserable fucking cocksucker that everyone hates.

That's an easy fix though, so fear not! You just need a smiling phony sociopath to push your product.
>>
File: DSCN8957.jpg (1MB, 3072x2304px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN8957.jpg
1MB, 3072x2304px
>>984394
I gave it to Kenny

:O)))))))))))))))))

do you know how complicated and beautiful that painting is?

and if I'd a posted it up here do you know how much you'd have told me how shit it was?

I walked 10 miles to be told to fuck of and walk home in the rain with it

what's it worth? thousands easily

it's a very complicated deep painting

(paint fucking westham on his fucking bathroom wall)

BUY A FUCKING TRANSFER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>984406
>It's worth what someone will pay for

that's bullshit

>or your salesman is useless dog shit

they want to REAM me, but yeah

>You just need a smiling phony sociopath to push your product.

where find such person???
>>
File: DSCN8415.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN8415.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
>>984408
I could never photograph it right though

frame it and it's be exquisite, I miss it already
>>
>>984409
>they want to REAM me, but yeah

like actually steal it, you know that???
>>
>>984409
Idk... Find someone who thinks you're complex and interesting. I see right through artist types. You're at best flash over substance charlatans, at worst you are conmen pushing doodles bereft of meaning onto intellectually naked emperors. The successful ones are a little of both.
>>
>>984408
>I walked 10 miles to be told to fuck of and walk home in the rain with it

that's not quite true, the story is a bit longer............

me and liz though, we honestly thought of sending it as a present to HRH, dad was going to make a frame up

but fuck it, you all HATE it so it can go to some old alky the fucks I give.

sad though, I'm all mutilated.

:o/
>>
File: DSCN8843.jpg (350KB, 1229x922px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN8843.jpg
350KB, 1229x922px
>>984416
my art is full of substance and meaning,

makes me cry a little bit, it dies in this town....

like me.

It's why dad says not to sell it, he's watching me die here too

fuck you all for how you treat me, I hope you all die.

:O))
>>
anyway.
>>
>>984420
where do u live retard
>>
>>984420
You're pulling on my heart strings, kid, despite being fully aware that I've given you far too much attention...

Do what I said, start a cursed painting etsy. Artists are attention whores by nature, but does it honestly matter whether you are lived or reviled? If some faggot see the shapes in clouds that is your artwork, and loves it, that's cool, but the intensity of affective magnitude, when someone buys your work for someone they want to be tortured to death should be equally awesome.
>>
(don't get me wrong, I love Kenny, I'm glad he's got it, just hate this town generally)
>>
>>982538
This guy is obviously suffering from some sort of mental illness.
>>
>>984440
Nah. He just thinks bizanons will buy his paintings if he acts mentally ill. Tortured soul painter shtick... Artists are the most transparent human beings alive, and they are being phased out by instagram filters. Blah blah blah "this is how I see your reality" blah blah blah. Yawn.
>>
>>981481
>>981473
>>981472
IDs
>>
crazy isn't it? here I am dying in this little town where they argue over what toilet I can use

how are you?
>>
>>984408
>>984385
>>984346
>>984345
>>984308

GO BACK TO /IC/ AND READ THE FUCKING STICKY
>>
>>984300
I find it hard to believe that ANY gallery won't pick you up. You seem to be a miserable person to deal with and judging from your posts you seem mentally unstable. Get some medical help.
>>
>>984508

it backfired, I had to be discharged from the mental care unit as the carer took their job title ironically.

ANY gallery?

ug.

I've tried a number of them, smallish galleries are like "this angsty stuff won't sell"

bigger grown up galleries are like

"fuck off this is my wives vanity shop"

proper established art galleries won't even accept a representation

MEANWHILE in cinemas near you, there goes my painitng....

fucking bolloxcks.
>>
>>984535
provide more examples of your work and i'll tell you why it won't sell.

it has nothing to do with your themes, as "dark" or "angsty" shit can sell

if your technique/brush strokes are shit no one is going to be interested in picking you up.

also, have you considered moving to a different market? you seem to be based in the uk? i doubt london as there are many galleries. you're probably in some small town which is why you're having a hard time finding local representation
>>
>>984508
>ou seem to be a miserable person to deal with

not really, I have to sit there while some bloke goes "FUCKOFF UYDUFKVCK UFkco off fuckoff!"

I am really positive guy, you know? It's how I get things done, bit fed up I can't sell any of it for it's worth though.

can you imagine that? "FUCK UYOY fuck you fuckckfcokprjkogekhgbkhnkj "

It's just a painting dude, you said you wanted to buy it, crumbs

fuck that, give it to Ken

it is quite funny under the right Director and screenplay author.

HWTA if ... like 2 or 3 years from now someone goes "it's actually worth about £20,000 Kenyon. WILL HE SELL IT?

let's hope we live to see the day, whereby he has that dilemma.

but I'd hang onto it for a while, if I were you
>>
>>984544
>if your technique/brush strokes are shit

no they're not

I can break a painting down into brush strokes, I know my shit.

Yeah, I thought of moving, I quite like a lot of other places, but... no money , no move
>>
>>984544
>it has nothing to do with your themes, as "dark" or "angsty" shit can sell

seriously

"we can't sell that, it's too upsetting"

it did happen to me so ................IUMSUDT BE CORREECT
>>
>>984452
This. I hate most modem artists in general. They all think they are special snowflakes because their parents hung thier shitty paintings on the fridge all thier lives. The amount of impressionist "art" shoved down our throat is nauseating. In my opinion you have no business being an impressionist without showing true skill as a realist painter first. Any loser can slap a bunch of paint on a canvas and call it art. The idiots are the ones that pay thousands for it.
>>
you see that?

it did happen so I can't be wrong then can I?
>>
>>984556
>The idiots are the ones that pay thousands for it.

nah, some art collectors buy with their heart but they are rare as gold cat teeth
>>
>>984556
>In my opinion you have no business being an impressionist without showing true skill as a realist painter first.

that's Manet out of the running then
>>
>>984308

>No established form
>blotchy colors
>black blackground

It's shit m8.
>>
>>984567
background isn't blank, colours are vivid

no established form? do you throw stones at buses?

it's really good
>>
>>984567
AND it is part of an overarching story line in my portfolio

context you contrary trolling bastard
>>
>>984567
oh sorry mis-read, black background...

it's too design so you can see the brush strokes in a certain light

no painitngs ever with black backgrounds? fuck off
>>
>>984571

I don't throw stones at buses; I rent out studio space to self-aggrandized assholes like yourself.

Why don't you submit to a juried show if it's so good?
>>
>>984583
Jonathan Jones says those things are bullshit.

Also if Disney and Jay-Z's design company have lifted my art design it seems a bit weird to enter it in a county art show for it to lose to Andrea Filthyrichkid's amazing realistic painting of a jovial tree.

And! I'd have to pay to enter.

How much is studio space? I need one very desperately.
>>
>>984583
>self-aggrandized assholes like yourself.

I'm not self-aggrandizing, I'm some sad alcoholic dude trapped under a mass murder trying to paint my way to a life that isn't this horrid, it's rubbish, I don't recommend it. Pissing blood , having people spit at me and steal off of me is not grand, it's really un-fun.

>inb4 See he's a jkawtlngivshdfhmnigfrmovcom

I'm speaking the truth.
>>
>>984562
>comparing a classical painter to a contemporary one
Apples and oranges. The abundance of modern tools and media, higher quality of paint, airbrush, centuries of art history and refining of new techniques as well as the invention of photos give contemporary artists an uneven advantage. Why do you think that the quality of photo-realism that you see today blows the realism of classical artists out of the water? Don't get me wrong, renaissance painters were masters in thier own right and revolutionized the art industry. If a classical artist like Manet was alive today his paintings would still sell for a pretty penny because of the quality of art but the only reason they go for millions is because he has historical significance, not because his art is that special. Regardless, you are not Monet, and neither is 99.9% of the impressionist crap that floods the market.
>>
>>984598
I am not Monet, correct.

Manet wasn't a classical artist.

It isn't the only reason they go for millions, and they don't all go for millions, you can buy smaller minor works in the tens of thousands.

It's like correcting schoolwork.
>>
>>984420

>tranny

Why am I not surprised. Anyway, you're not a good artist, much as you might like to think you are. >>984308 has a slightly interesting quality to it, but it might be worth a few hundred, tops. Otherwise, they're pretty awful, particularly >>984408. The prices you seem to expect are the kind of money I see works by established artists (not great ones, but the likes that have been doing shows in small local galleries for decades, and exhibited at the RA summer show) selling for. You are not on that level. Git gud, and then you might sell stuff for thousands. As it is, your expectation that artistic society will price your pieces at several thousand just because you think they're worth it is the same kind of delusion as thinking that wider society will let you use the women's bathroom just because you wear a dress.
>>
Get friendly with Jews.

Don't make it obvious you're befriending them for connections. Be passionate, outspoken, and slightly crazy. Don't dress like a teenage hobo (stained shirts, ripped jeans). Be tolerant with them, but judgmental toward other people.

Show that you have taste and they will love you. They have connections.

You're selling yourself as much as you are your art. If Andy Warhol was a straight laced conservative businessman he wouldn't have been successful.
>>
>>982182
op is pretty obviously a schizophrenic.
>>
>>984609
>You are not on that level.

I'm better

>>984609
>think they're worth it is the same kind of delusion as thinking that wider society

that's the con. what you're saying is "...give it to me for £50, thank you..."

that article on pricing work should say

"and don't let them have it beneath cost" ...I've done it before and deeply regret it.

>>984609
>but it might be worth a few hundred, tops.

a few hundred, maybe, I'd pay more though as I do like art.

Some of my other works though took years to make, so FUCK YOU and fuck you. All you'll say isd "mer me ewkjrtoiuaewruhawhithtrjhrejhtg squrrel meremermemrememrmerm errrerrr r sell 89euro" - fuck off. you don't deserve to own it.

it's the same thing you type all the time isn't it? I've read it loads of times.
>>
>>984300
take your medication, then list a bright painting on ebay, then look into becoming a productive member of society digging ditches or something.
>>
>>984614
>Get friendly with Jews.

I tried for Saatchi, it didn't work out. They sent me a calendar and generally laughed at me.
>>
>>984606
>the autist points out the one typo disregarding the whole point
>being this pedantic
Also, Manet was classically trained and paints in that style. He was not a contemporary artist.
>>
>>984625
>take your medication, then list a bright painting on ebay,

mmm I can't because it's breaking up my portfolio. As I sell them separately for £20 it's destroying my story....

meanwhile you all keep telling me it's all rubbish anyway.

I am a productive member of society,
>>
>>984628
>>the autist points out the one typo disregarding the whole point
>>being this pedantic

no I didn't

>>984628
>Manet was classically trained and paints in that style. He was not a contemporary artist.

you're thinking of Courbet
>>
>>984638
No. Manet was influenced by Courbet but trained under Couture (a classical artist)
>>
>>984308
its pretty good, how big is it? I buy art, where do you live
>>
>>984300
Are u retarted op? If u can prove it's your work just sue them
>>
>>984644
it is 50cm by 40cm

I live in Rickmansworth UK
>>
>>984653
I couldn't afford to, I would probably lose as well

unless I found a bit of paper that said "we're stealing all of Chris' ideas, but don't tell anyone and give the wink to freeze him out. I hear he's doing really badly enyway so fingers crossed"

then I won't stand a chance. It's like Billy Childish says "unknowable but certain"
>>
>>984300
Unfortunetely your work will have to appease the gallery mandate to be taken in by one. The ebst way to sell your paintings is onlime, open an instagram account to advertise your self. Open an online add selling commision based services, its how most painters sell their services. Otherwise you will have to join fairs, book out tables and display your work. Join painting compititions regularily, art is fundamentally a community and network based sales environment, you're selling a prime luxury, people will only buy it if theybuy into your personal brand.

Source: I've worked for several galleries.
>>
>>984660
mmmm online sales suck. I can't advertise myself to reach my audience. The next problem is as I say, if I sell bits of work at a small price, there goes my portfolio and my great big thing, to someone that probably doesn't give a damn anyway.

instagram? why not Pictify?

art fairs? I couldn't afford a table.

hmmmm. I need the worth of my work, then I can do things, until I get it I'm stuck surely to die.
>>
>>984660
>Unfortunetely your work will have to appease the gallery mandate to be taken in by one.

that's fine, but finding that gallery is really hard. Especially when a lot of them won't even talk to the artist.
>>
>>984669
Instagram is the msot popular platform and is the easstway to reach an audience. If you want to sell you need a palce, so get a job and save up so you can invest in a platform from which to sell your work. You have to build an audience by consistantly being involved in public events
>>
>>984670
You don't approach a gallerist, you go to their shows and socialize, if the staff likes you after some time, they will elt you speak to the gallerist. Art is all about personality, which is actualized through your work. You have to make an impression your self before a gallerist will take your work seriously. Get out there
>>
>>984673
>Instagram is the msot popular platform and is the easstway to reach an audience. If you want to sell you need a palce, so get a job and save up so you can invest in a platform from which to sell your work.

*pffffffff*

getting a job is going to be really difficult as I'm quite sick these days. Instagram, I've tried the webby things, it turns really good work into mush.

>You have to build an audience by consistantly being involved in public events

yeah I was involved in some real biggies, but even though it raised my profile, I was still untouchable.
>>
>>984678
>Get out there
the thought of packing my suitaces again and watching them get all ruined makes me want to cry.

YOU KNBOW WHO IA,M!

>yes, fuck off.

:O(((((
>>
>>984679
Everything I say is from experience, I've seen gallerists use IG to sell thousands, and I know many of them.
>>
>>984684
I'm not a gallerist
>>
>>984609
>>tranny
>Why am I not surprised

yeah I got that from where I used to work, and I ended up nearly dead with a HR whitewash. I still get excluded from shops and tormented for a laugh.

that painting should be worth a lot of money.

anyway, you're a fuckwit.
>>
>>984685
An online platform is where they will all look at your work if they have any interest.

But my first impression is that you're not willing to adapt to the art market and are more interested in performing victim, congrats on your success
>>
>>984696
>An online platform is where they will all look at your work if they have any interest.
>But my first impression is that you're not willing to adapt to the art market and are more interested in performing victim, congrats on your success

Well, it's a bind. My problems are pretty unique.

I practically branded a year of a famous acts tour, and when I come to sell my painting, you tell me it's shit, worth £20 put it on instagram to get awareness

that's like, fucking mental;.

Raise awareness? How more aware so you need to be? The design floats on /mu 100 times a day somedays

THATS MY FUCKING PAINTING.

this sucks
>>
>>984702
> unique problems
You're lazy and entitled
>>
>>984712
I am a bit, yeah, you got me there.
>>
>>984714
getting gud at guitar tho

fuck it man, none of you want this. There was a good intent there,

I'm sorry that happened to you,

in my peculiar way I tried to help but they killed it off for me.

Painting anymore makes me feel sick, um.... I dunno. throw it all away I guess.
>>
>>984308
...now it's ripped.

I'll throw it away.

there we go . /ic and /biz succeed.

it all got ruined.................................

and died too.
>>
I'm really sad. It was painted in the style of cragie aitchson who's art I liked.

now it doesn't exist anymore.

only as a low quality .jpg
>>
>>984308
Luckily you're schizo so there's potential yet. People love a broken werido. Make a tumblr filled with your spastic musings and mediocre art and in no time you'll be inundated with the followers you need.
>>
Your art isn't worth shit until people pay for it. You lack skill. You are uninspired. It communicates nothing.
You sound like an overly sensitive prick whose never experienced a real emotion and people treat you with kid gloves b/c they don't want to deal with your drama.
Sell all your shit. Travel to Uganda or some other hellhole. Syria looks interesting. Go experience real pain. Meditate on that for a year and come back.
>>
>>984723
Lol. There is a fine line between an idiot savant and just a plain idiot.
>>
>>984723
burn it. It sucked. Do it again better next time.
>>
>>984728
>Your art isn't worth shit until people pay for it.
that's not true

>You lack skill
that's not true

>You are uninspired.

that;'s not true

>

only to you it didn't

>You sound like an overly sensitive prick whose never experienced a real emotion and people treat you with kid gloves

people do really bad things to me. I do feel the emotions, but I'm one of the people that have to keep soldiering on while people like you are allowed to use me in this way.

>Sell all your shit. Travel to Uganda or some other hellhole. Syria looks interesting. Go experience real pain. Meditate on that for a year and come back.

done all that before
>>
>>984734
There are people out there with REAL problems and yours sound whiny
>waaaah people don't like my art but I am a genius and my art is good
>waaaaah why won't people spend thousands on my shit impressionist work
>waaaaah I took so long to paint this
>waaaahwaaaahwaaah
>>
>>984732
>>984730
none of this is funny to me.

like when I kept trudging round my suitcase, and it all gets ruined. It's really insulting and sad.
like the people that want it for a really low price, then are really horrible to me.
They wanted it, but wanted it for nothing. and then the privilege of treating me really bad.

MEANWHILE

how were you lot getting on? I tried to get through to Asne put she more or less told me to fuck off.

It wasn't my fault, this police guy visited me, people kept re-inforcing it and it was quite traumatic.
>>
> At a huge personal loss

If you can recoup the cost of materials plus labor (let's give you the benefit here and say $30/hr), then it's not a huge loss.
Price it decently high - figure it up so you get maybe $200/hr, then gradually lower the price until it sells.
>>
>>984738
>waaaaah I'm so tortured
I would be surprised if less than half of the people on this board haven't had hard lives. I sure wish I could just sit on my ass and fingerpaint all day.
>>
>>984742
yeah, but then it's being sold at such a low price I'd have been better keeping it.

People don't value it.

I'm sorry you were all killed, I couldn't beleiver it. they were really hgoribgle to me too.

what could I do yuoure.l already fucking dead.

I ended up with my face cut and they just want to be horriblwe to me.

none of it works still

I think, throw it all away.

there goes another one.

you don't want it. ok.
>>
>>984745
yeah, I've had this one before as well. From a guy that sexually assaulted me.
>>
>>984751
"you're a piece a crap while I rape you! don't you give me that complaining"

what a cunt bag that man was

I can't help wonder what else they had done to people. It is like that hazing, but I think, nah fuck that what a twisted fucker.

anyway

problem is you all think

"Chris deserved it though!!!!!!"

I didn't. But make up your own mind. You don't like the painting either, oh well.
don't kill people though.
>>
SO! we lost three paintings, and my year long epic is broke on the frame.
>>
>>984300
>>984308
>>984309
>>984313
You're fucking delusional mate. Don't get me wrong someone out there might like it but for unknown artists, you can typically charge 50 cents per square inch on an oil painting, thats what my old art teacher told me and he's been painting all his life, great guy.

I'll be lucky to get $100 for one of mine, learned the hard way how to price and the reality of the situation. Poor as fuck but I love to paint.

>>984408
Yep, confirmed, you are what is wrong with art. "COMPLICATED DEEP, LOOK ITS INSPIRED BY THIS GUY, LOOK AT ME I'M A SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE!" you don't get art do you? I mean I paint and I know my work is shit compared to professionals, even when I'm doing an abstract I'm still learning how to evoke emotion, what color palette to use for the right feeling, its thrilling and fun but I never expect as much.

>>984420
Confirmed, this thread is bait. No one says all this shit then posts a picture of his own face, who are you trying to fuck over OP? Did you spend one day on a painting then demand to be the next Pollock?

Visit /ic/. Learn a bit. Then practice. Then decide what path you want to take, argue for it, and say its what you want to do, but don't be pretentious about it. I'm 19 and know better, come on man.

If this is bait you got me good.
>>
>>981472

your artwork will go up in value after you die OP, I strongly suggest you an hero for better returns
>>
>>985318
>You're fucking delusional mate. Don't get me wrong someone out there might like it but for unknown artists, you can typically charge 50 cents per square inch on an oil painting, thats what my old art teacher told me and he's been painting all his life, great guy.
>I'll be lucky to get $100 for one of mine, learned the hard way how to price and the reality of the situation. Poor as fuck but I love to paint.

you're arguing we should be paid incredibly poor prices.

>>985318
>Yep, confirmed, you are what is wrong with art.

I'm upset, which is a bad thing, then if you think my art is a bad thing towards art itsewlf, sure buy it off me for a rock bottom price and destroy it.

Your argument is to keep killing art, while the art market grinds on keeping a lot of very poor art extremely inflated.

I'm sorry you don't get paid well, I'm sorry the dealer or the market takes your profit.

As for me being special, I don't feel that great about this, but something is going on that I'm trying to attack or demolish and you're answer is to argue me closed down and piss poor.

>>985340
thanks
>>
>>984308
terrible desu

Contrary to popular belief there are conventional ways most people analyze art, especially experts
And this painting is just shit by all standards
>>
>>985378
well it doesn't exist anymore , so "yipee!"
>>
I throw them away, they are poor.
>>
Sorry OP I didn't know you were autistic, if I'd known then I would have tried to not hurt your fee fee's
>>
I don't think there is a single coherent string of discussion in this thread

fucking art majors
>>
>>985932
mine is coherent.

I can't sell my art work as I'm up against a multi-national entertainment industry and grass root
activist that keep destroying what I make.

It's a genuine business problem that I imagine few of you have ever been bothered by.

"they stole your stuff and killed people and killed you and keep you down as well as this website which may have had something to do with it in the first place? oh fuck! you need greenpeace , not 4chan shit heads"

ya.

meanwhile inverted conformity rules /ic.and kills you.

I'm off to kill myself.

any ideas?
>>
("this guy has a product and an emotionally hysterical cause, there's gotta be a dollar here..." - "lots I would have thought....call the tv crew and get him on the ledge")
>>
>>982277
>There's nothing left.
there's the video which basically explains how to solve the problems you mention

I imagine all the assholery down here in the material world can get a little too much for someone who has dedicated themselves to freeing themselves , but your esoteric perspective can also make things easier.

If what happens in the material world does not matter, then it should be no trouble for you to influence the material world. Figure out what you have to do to spread your message, do what you have to do when someone is screwing you around, all of this is for the higher purpose of getting your art out there. Maybe.
>>
>>984548
Either start a patreon account with your sobstory of troubled tranny artist, or hang yourself.

Then your paintings will be worth 20k
>>
>>986205
it's sad longevity isn't rewarded

there's lots of sad things going on at the moment, they get sadder and sadder

ok,

let's try again
>>
unless you're an artist, because no one buys the stuff
>>
File: Image1.jpg (34KB, 400x284px) Image search: [Google]
Image1.jpg
34KB, 400x284px
>"hello, I've come to see your art spectacular, I've heard it's very good, here's £20"
>>
>>981472
I've done some oil painting before for shits and giggles. If I had to sell my shit it would be cost of materials, which is a canvas, bits of paint, gamsol, mineral spirits, which isn't that much per painting, then add labor at something like $15 per hour. I couldn't honestly charge more because I'm a mediocre hobbyist.

I can't exactly price materials, but whatever I use for the painting can't be worth more than 2 hours of work. A painting takes me somewhere between 10-30 hours in several sittings. So on the higher end it'd be like $384.

I have no idea how to make a painting that makes people go full retard and pay in the thousands, though.
>>
Give it a week and this thread will be on display on an iPad in some trendy gallery with a title like "The state of modern art". All this try hard, rambling screed has been posted in /biz/ because lol capitalism such irony.
>>
5 paintings destroyed since. Barred again from another place, tried to halfheartedly die from laying in a river at night of exposure. Smashed head from a cup into me, blood coming out of my spit, and hole in my side.

>>986205

what's a good artistic suicide?
>>
>>981472
>I can't sell my art
AAAAAAAAAAHAHAA
>>
>>987983
>what's a good artistic suicide?
one that will at the very least make it difficult for the artworld to say I didn't exist.
>>
>>987984
I can't do anything with it.
>>
Your art feels adolescent. You need to get with the times. Order the latest contemporary painting books from your library. (This will be free.)

Painting nowadays is just off the wall. A lot of it is about critiquing and challenging painting processes.

However, if you're looking for a relatively harmless attention-grabbing publicity stunt try going missing.

Agatha Christie wasn't selling any books until she went missing. The newspapers wrote about her. She was 'found' pretending to be someone else at a swanky hotel two weeks later. That's how she became famous.
>>
>>988019
>However, if you're looking for a relatively harmless attention-grabbing publicity stunt try going missing.

I've found a good place to hang myself, it'd get in the papers

or burn myself to death outside the Royal Academy, they would struggle to say it didn't happen
>>
>>988019

>relatively harmless attention-grabbing publicity stunt

Or shitposting. Shitposting is good too.
>>
>>988416
do you think? how does one 'shitpost'?
Thread posts: 167
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.