[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>father is doctor and makes a gross income of 750k per year

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1438016492524.png (163KB, 281x302px) Image search: [Google]
1438016492524.png
163KB, 281x302px
>father is doctor and makes a gross income of 750k per year
>knows how to invest and is probably rich a fuark

>be me
>going to college for electrical engineering
>best case scenario I only make 130k per year working for the MAN

How the fuck am I supposed to become a billionaire with THIS shit luck?

Are we just all fucked, /biz/?

I'm going to go drown my sorrows in cheap beer
>>
>>981261
Are you retarded? Live like your income is 50k/year, for 4 years, and save the rest of your money in an investment account. 130k is more than enough to get a solid financial advisor to help you with this.

After that 4 year period, if you haven't gone full retard with your spending habits, you'll have a nice bit of change in your savings/investment portfolio and can start growing it faster.
>>
>>981261
Just kill your dad and get deaddadbux. Ezpz
>>
>>981267
I am retarded

Are you saying that I should put the remaining 80k into an index?

b-but I want money n-now!
>>
>>981261
>How the fuck am I supposed to become a billionaire with THIS shit luck?

that you blame luck shows you dont have the right attitude to become a billionaire in the first place

youre better off just becoming an hero
>>
3/10 got me to respond
>>
>>981270
no i like him

>>981272
i've been considering it for sure

>>981275
it's not bait
>>
>>981267
>financial advisor
kek fags that got c's in university are not good to take advice from. If they gave good advice they wouldn't be peasant tier.
>>
>>981270
kek'd hard, man. Holy shit.

>>981271
50k is plenty, believe me. You'll have enough for random impulse purchases, and you'll be able to afford a 2 br apartment and a nice car. (unless living expenses are insane near you). If you don't save, your impulse spending habits will be of a larger magnitude and it will be harder to save when you become accustomed to living in an empty 5br house and drive a beamer(or Audi), like literally everyone else making 6 figs.

Difference between you and then, in 10 years, will be you having a large nest egg to help with making all the purchases you need to start a family, without needing to rely heavily on credit/mortgages/loans. And if not family, in 10 years you'll be able to take 3 month vacations to anywhere and actually enjoy life like it was meant to be enjoyed.

>>981279
Meh, depends on who you know. Could I have my day-trader friend manage my investments if he has his s7?
>>
>>981261
If your parent is a medical professional and you don't take over their practice then you're a fucking moron. Holy shit. You could literally make the minimum mcat and have a 3.0 gpa and still get into your dad's alma mater.
>>
>>981283
not op, but my dad runs a medical practise and my mum works their. I might/might not be taking over it later on in a few years. Do you think it'll be very profitable?
>>
>>981261
try r9k
>>
>>981261

Same scenario. my dad made 500K+ eurobux a year for most of his carreer now. After a full day in his practice he often comes home with 3500+ cash in his wallet, of which he would report 2000 to the tax administration and keep the 1500 to buy pretty much whatever he wanted.

I'm gonna start a job in banking next year where for the first 2 years I will probably not make monthly what he earns daily.
>>
File: P2UaSxP.jpg (168KB, 670x923px) Image search: [Google]
P2UaSxP.jpg
168KB, 670x923px
>>981281
>3 month vacations.

My job pays decent but only offers 1 month worth of vacation time.
>>
>>981261
>WAAAAAA WHY IS SOMEONE BETTER THAN ME!!
you kids are shit. You can get plenty of money and a job that can guarantee a visa to any country in the world and you're still upset that you aren't handled more.

You're very likely to only do actual engineering work for 7 years anyways. If you save like others have told you you'll have the tools you need for bigger steps
>>
>>981271
What do you want to buy with the money bro?
>>
>>981261
Get into a top kekpany designing shit . Work there until you gain enough experience and have some good ideas.

Ditch them and then start your own company, use credentials of working at said company to attract talent, sell a stake in your company but keep atleast 60%. Profit
>>
>>981728
calm down. It's only human nature to want to accomplish the most one can

>>981753
I don't even really want to buy too much with it. I just want to have it as a personal goal. I want to be a billionaire, therefore having done something that almost nobody else could have done. It's really more about that than the actual money.

>>981776
i really really like this idea
>>
>>982035
Self made Gorillionaire is a lofty goal. You've got to cut out a piece of a few trillion dollar industries. or build a billion dollar industries. Scaling and leverage is really important.

And if this is your goal you've really got to live on about 30k a year and build up that warchest. You're gonna want to own a portfolio of core businesses. Their cashflow can fuel speculative investments in tech or other high growth startups.
You're gonna need to take a few of the wins from these spec investments and go Musk nuts, and take all kinds of tax money to subsidize your crazy ideas.
>>
File: 1437340764052.jpg (152KB, 615x840px) Image search: [Google]
1437340764052.jpg
152KB, 615x840px
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.