[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Walmart Stock

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: Capture.png (16KB, 558x296px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
16KB, 558x296px
What is everyone's thoughts on Walmart Stock.
It's dropped significantly, and I believe it will reverse soon.
A good company's stock at a low price, definitely worth a buy in my opinion
>>
the landscape has changed. buy amazon stock if you want to make money on american consumerism.
>>
>>981231
dollar will continue getting stronger further hurting walmarts foreign parts
>>
>>981231
Western society is based on consumption, holidays like christmas,thanksgiving,halloween etc are all made up for you to indulge in food monthly.

The new generations aren't into consumption.
>>
>>981240
They are, it's just a different type.

They would rather buy "organic" and "range free" bullshit even though those are literally meme labels.
>>
File: laughing solid snake.jpg (6KB, 170x173px) Image search: [Google]
laughing solid snake.jpg
6KB, 170x173px
>>981231
>STOCK IS TANKING
>BETTER BUY
>IT'S GONNA BOUNCE RIGHT BACK
>I JUST KNOW IT
>>
Anyone with any acumen can look up Walmart and tell they're going to have three or four years in the red before they start turning around.

I'd shelf Walmart for now and look into it again in 2018 and make a new judgment, but as someone else already said, strong dollar hurts profits, and Walmart is burrowing into China. Even if they make bank on China, the dollars so strong it won't matter.

Also Amazon is eating them at home. Wally world won't die, but they'd better start thinking outside of those Wals if they want to hold on to their shorts.

Btw, they like to brag about having brick and mortar. A lot. Too bad they won't be able to afford the lots those buildings are placed on if they can't adapt to an online marketplace, but we'll see.
>>
the yield is starting to look very attractive
>>
File: image.jpg (83KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83KB, 800x1200px
Stay away from it. Going to keep decreasing until late 2017-early 2018.

You can screenshot this.
>>
>>981273
It doesn't matter what's a "meme" label, that's how the next generation is going to be. Deal with it or kill yourself. Now find some good (not shitty hipster daddy gave me money to start my own business) companies that cater to these meme millennials and invest in them.

Consumerism isn't changing (in the US), it's just shifting to "minimalist" "experience" and "higher quality" goods. Whereas before people spend lots of money on a lot of shit, now people want to spend a lot of money on a little bit of shit that gives off the impression that they're "higher class".
>>
>>981412
nail on the head with that last part
>>
>>981273
Nah mate, they're spending all their money on student loans and rent. Millenials were grabbed by Sallie Mae before anyone else stood a chance at making money off them.
>>
>>981239
Explain?
>>
>>981231
recession incoming the trap is set and the fed can't save you all this time because rates are bare, qe was a one time stunt and bailouts are too outrageous. walmart being down is just another sign. you hardly have 6 months to make it in and out.
>>
File: 1448647798051.png (737KB, 1293x1407px) Image search: [Google]
1448647798051.png
737KB, 1293x1407px
>>981231
>good company
>never raises dividend's because they're greedy jews
>>
>>981431

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etUq7IY_7Mc
>>
IT'S OGRE
>>
Lack of aggregate demand. Whats the difference in demographics between amazon and wallmart????
>>
>>981437
interest rate cycle
there will be hikes for a year, not sure how many or how high, but it will stall for about half a year, and then i think continue. i haven't kept up with the dollar for the past couple months, but hikes have already been priced in.
>>
You seem to be going through the disposition effect. How do you know that Walmart's stock will go up soon? Have you understood your edge? Do you know the potential risks? Have you done any real research on the stock?

Just because the holidays are coming up, and people might take a trip to Walmart to do their shopping, does not illicit the stock's price to increase. If this were the case, everyone would invest in it during the holidays and become rich. The stock's price has probably already factored in the holiday customer expectancy at this point of time anyways.

Just invest in some sort of ETF for the time being.
>>
>>984349
Excuse me, prospect theory.
>>
Costco is gonna slowly fuck them up.

I would not put money in Walmart. They are savages too.
>>
File: WMT-Dividend-Growth-1994-2014.jpg (87KB, 725x484px) Image search: [Google]
WMT-Dividend-Growth-1994-2014.jpg
87KB, 725x484px
>>982414
>never raises dividend's because they're greedy jews

Not sure if serious, but quite the contrary, Walmart has raised dividend's for 42 consecutive years.
>>
File: lolmart.png (253KB, 580x582px) Image search: [Google]
lolmart.png
253KB, 580x582px
>>981231
Their entire business model is exploitation (sam walton was a piece of shit contrary to popular opinion). That's why the market hammers them when decide to pay their workers middle-poverty wages instead of lower-poverty wages.

They've spread themselves to thin and can't even get their employees off of our tax money. Fuck wal-mart. Divest.
>>
>>986320
too*
>>
>>981412
>Theory of the Leisure Class
>Originally published: 1899
You're kidding if you think this is a new thing, kid.
>>
I'll just put it out there that retail tanks when interest rates go up.
>>
>>981412

Starbucks?
>>
>>981239
That is backwards. Strong dollar means cheaper imports means lower COGS means higher net income.
>>
>>981231
Def a good buy. They bit the bullet on higher wages which pissed off shareholders but now everyone else will have to follow suite.

Until amazon gets permits for delivery drones walmarts gonna do just fine
>>
>>986518
>imports
He's talking about non-US walmart shops, anon, of which there are thousands.

If all of those were bringing in the equivalent of $2b/year USD, they're suddenly bringing in only $1.6b per year USD. It's not good for them.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.