[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /biz/ is it a good idea to work full time and go to school

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 39167344.jpg (941KB, 1600x1270px) Image search: [Google]
39167344.jpg
941KB, 1600x1270px
Hey /biz/ is it a good idea to work full time and go to school full time?

I got offered a full time position at a startup, but I'm 20 and less than 3 years into my degree. I want to start making real money now so that when I graduate I already have a leg up, but I also don't want to spend 4 extra years getting a degree thanks to working.

I also got offered this part time job that is much more flexible but it's minimum wage tier, and like I said I'm looking for real cash.
>>
Take the job and take something like 12 credits if you can. See how it works the first semester and if you can handle it, great. If you can't, quit after the semester or even quit earlier and say it was an internship on your resume. You'll still have the job experience and can focus more on school if it doesn't pan out. If you're motivated enough you'll have big boy money and a college degree to boot.
>>
>>978924
Have you done it before? What is the workload like? My schedule next year so far is 12 hours Monday through Thursday, but if I only do night classes then I can only get 9 hours of those which is what I don't want since it will take so long to finish. And they're all those long 3 hour classes filled with 30 year olds.
>>
>>978943
Do what I said, it's not as hard as you think. Unless you'd rather flip burgers. I bet you live in SF or some other hipster shithole and the people who hired you are no older than you, in which case your work won't be demanding anyway.
>>
Don't get lazy. If you're for constant reddit/4chan/imgur then you'll never pull it off
>>
When I did my bachelor degree I had all the time in the world and could easily have done a job at the side.
With my master degree quite the opposite is true.

So, I guess it depends on what you study. And it also depends on your discipline. Are you a person that can spend all his time working and studying? Or are you a person, like me, who likes to spend his time on bullshit?
>>
>>978943
1. you're lucky you have such availability of night classes.

2. typically those 30 year old classes suck, but as long as you dont blow the class off everyone passes. Plus the older folks like to bitch and will call a teacher out on shit, instead where little pussy 18 year olds just take the hit.

Be nice to the teacher and benefit from old fucks not being pussies. guratanebbb A
>>
Take the job if you want it and is relevant enough yo your studies/life goal.
Take 2/3 or 1/2 of your regular course load so that you manage to mix both.
Remember you do uni to get a job(usually). The hard part is getting the first job, once you already have a job it is much easier to transfer to something.
Just don't drop out of school completely. Take on more courses than you think you can handle and drop them to adjust your workload to a preferable level.
>>
>>978910
You can do both full time. If you think you "cant" just remember that's bullshit you're telling yourself.

You'll be a better person knowing you worked your ass off full time and still graduated college like a champ. yeah it'll be hard many times but it could be worst. You could be dead or worst black.
>>
If you're doing a STEM degree and want a 3.5 or higher then RIP in peace. If you're some business major where you don't have to think yeah you'll be fine.
>>
>>978910

no.
>>
>>978910
>work full time and go to school full time?
Sounds like a terrible idea.
>>
>>978910
Dude you're 20, go and smoke your brains out and enyoi your last years of fapping and skipping classes. With a degree better jobs will follow.. Stay in school!
>>
>>979245
It'll be hard if you want a real job, which would mean inflexible times, so you'll miss required seminars and aren't even eligible to sit the exams.

I studied two degrees parallel and made some money on the side as a low-tier columnist and as a marketing money with flexible times. Later switched the marketing gig with tutoring as it paid better.

Normal jobs were impossible to work on the side. besides, I had many, many applications rejected. It really depends on university, city, economy and skills.

Working 80 hours a week (weekend included) is very well possible and becomes a habit after a while. Knew someone else who worked full time and studied full time, however his university had night classes, which mine didn't offer.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.