[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Interesting money-making niches Did you know, that weapon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: file.png (206KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
206KB, 640x480px
ITT: Interesting money-making niches

Did you know, that weapon and knife skins for Counter Strike Global Offensive can be worth up to $15 000, real world cash?

There is a whole economy with skins and case keys as currency.

There is a pyramid starting with low tier traders that make next to nothing, followed by traders (like me) who make a substantial amount. I personally make 1500 dollars a month on average.

At the top of the pyramid, there are the owners of jackpot websites. Basically, they are completely unregulated gambling sites, where people put skins into a pot, and the % chance of winning the entire pot depends on the value of your deposit relative to the overall pot value.

The house takes 5% of each pot.

There are people literally making 10-15 million a year by owning these websites.
>>
How do you take 5% of a pot of skins?
>>
>>978654
The way it works is, the people depositing into the pot send the skins from their accounts to a bot account used by the jackpot site. The bot then sends the winner the skins and keeps 5% of it.
>>
>>978656
Huh. I wonder how that 5% is determined. Is it 5% of number of skins deposited? Or 5% of the pot's monetary value?
>>
>>978659
5% of the monetary value. You'll have people depositing a single skin worth 1000+ dollars and others depositing 10 skins worth 1 dollar each, so they have to use monetary.
>>
Is it illegal to host these sites in the US due to online gambling laws?
>>
>>978672
I have no clue how the legislation is for these sites. I'd imagine they would host it outside the US just to be safe and most owners are Europeans anyways
>>
>tfw you lose lots of your skins betting on csgolounge
>>
>>978683
Betting is a bitch. I've won 8000 on jackpot and lost 3000 trying to get more
>>
File: 1431583781306.jpg (48KB, 709x765px) Image search: [Google]
1431583781306.jpg
48KB, 709x765px
>used to be a TF2 trader back in 2011-2012
>traded my way to a top-tier unusual hat
>sold the unusual for about $2000
>cashed out
>3 years later
>check the value of said unusual
>current owner paid a little less than $10,000 for it
>tfw

Anyway I wanna start trading for profit in csgo now

How much money should i invest to start making a noticeable profit by just trading?
>>
I've been thinking about getting into gold selling. I know for a fact that in one particular free to play game a single non-bot human account can make a minimum of about $5 an hour, up to significantly more. I'd imagine there are other games where you can make a lot more.
>>
>>978698
380-400 dollars

Buy a karambit fade on opskins and post trades on lounge looking for overpay in skins. Should be able to make 30 keys of profit (55 $) on each downgrade
>>
>>978698
How much did you invest in the game?
>>
Seems retarded. Do people really buy cosmetic items for hundreds of dollars in an autistic game?
>>
>>978786
take a guess

many kiddies with upper middle class/rich parents don't have anything else to live for other than CS
>>
>>978698
I thought trading peaked in that game a few years ago
>>
>>980008
If I may ask, can you give a hint as to what game that is? Sounds profitable.
>>
>>978712
Really? If so, I'm sure that market will soon be saturated.
>>
>>980008
It did and I have never heard of hats being sold for that much... The first golden frying pan went for 5k if I remember correctly which I think was on o the biggest trades. Not sure where that anon is getting his prices from... But never did do unusual trading. Regardless tf2 trading is close to dead and isn't worth the time investment.

Source: ex mass tf2 idler
>>
>>978733
can you explain what 30 key of profit are and what a down grade is? I play csgo but never bother with skins but would like to get in to the market of trading them for dosh
>>
If anyone else is down, i think we could really learn from daily threads about the csgo market, or is that too autistic?
>>
New to /biz/, but I've had an idea running through my head for a little while now. It's a bit out there, but what do you guys think: selling used socks.

I know of a wholesaler that sells bins of clothing for about $0.60 a pound. There are significant amounts of socks in these bins. My idea would be to start out buying one or two of these at a time, sorting out the socks, and selling them online. I've browsed several websites that show individual pairs of socks going for $10-$40 each. The non-socks could be donated to thrift stores.

If I were able to make a profit from this initial effort, I could then pay models, say, $100 a week or two to wear new socks that could be sold.

Apparently PayPal is picky about this type of thing though, and I'm not sure if there would be much competition on the market. I would set up my own website to market them since ebay doesn't encourage this type of thing.

Thoughts?
>>
>>980031
Team fortress 2

And its pretty much dead now
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.