[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will everyone eventually be rich?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: hol up.png (10KB, 408x286px) Image search: [Google]
hol up.png
10KB, 408x286px
Will everyone eventually be rich?
>>
>>978328
No being rich is relevant so only a small percentage can be.
>>
>>978328
Its all relative. Hundred years ago not skipping a meal was reserved for the privileged few. Now it's maybe owning a house, next will be something like owning a private jet?
>>
>>978338
>owning a house
Nah senpai, the rich are gonna buy all the houses and you're gonna have to pay rent.
>>
>>978338
That makes sense.
>>
>>978338
This basically

Up until the 1800s even the rich shat in a bucket under their bed and the best doctor you could afford would try to balance your "humors" by bleeding you. "Rich" is totally subjective.
>>
>>978338
>>978373
This. Your average McDonalds employee today is richer than a medieval king in the sense of what he has access too.
>>
>>978338
>>978373
>>978434
>equating technological advancement with wealth
Fuck, why is this board so retarded?
>>
>>978338
Any ideas on the effects environmental damage and fossil-fuel depletion might have on that?

I mean sure, alternative energy's becoming more refined every year, but it still relies on fossil fuels at some point in its line -- even hydroelectric dams would be far more expensive to construct and maintain if no parts of the supply lines or construction equipment used fossil fuels.

You can run a small 40gal cement mixer all day on a gallon of gasoline, I don't know if it's feasible to power something mixing thousands or tens of thousands of gallons at once on sustainable energy during such work. When and if energy becomes significantly more expensive (or if a significantly greater portion of GDP is lost to environmental measures, be they active reconstruction or emissions-regulations stuff) then everything else follows suit.
>>
>>978437
>>equating technological advancement with wealth
>Fuck, why is this board so retarded?

Actually all wealth ultimately comes from technological advancement. If I had a device like a replicator that can make almost any object, those objects would be worth almost nothing. The objects that the replicator can't make would be worth a lot.
>>
>>978445
> The objects that the replicator can't make would be worth a lot.

Like more replicators.
>>
>>978437
With tech adv everything becomes mass produced for more cheap price and more accessibility. The overall wealth of humanity has grown up with technology. So the equation is inevitable. You think you can eat meat as a NEET because cows are somehow multiplied themselves? The technological advancement make things more accessible for everyone and hence todays material possession will valued less than what we will have in the future with the more advanced technology.
>>
>>978507
So, let me rephrase it, what is considered valued today will be not so much in future thanks to the technology which makes everything common, ergo the term 'rich' is only a subjective definition anchored to a given period.
>>
>>978328
Check out a story online called "Manna". It's a short story detailing how ai and robots could either make us slaves or allow everyone to live equally and peacefully
>>
>>978437
I said "in the sense of what he has access too". If you talk about relative wealth for their times, medieval kings were rich because your average peasant had very little. But your average medieval king had less than your average European on welfare today in terms of objects and options and luxuries.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.