[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are taxes a form of theft? Why shouldn't we have a flat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Scout.jpg (289KB, 495x700px) Image search: [Google]
Scout.jpg
289KB, 495x700px
Why are taxes a form of theft? Why shouldn't we have a flat tax where I pay the same amount of tax dollars on my investments as Jamal does on his money flipping burgers? That would only be fair.
>>
>>978269
>Why shouldn't we have a flat tax where I pay the same amount of tax dollars on my investments as Jamal does on his money flipping burgers

Because that's raycis cracka! Some people iz less fortunate! U can't be marginilizing dem likes dat racism and all that bix nood mufuggah gibe reperations whitey
>>
>>978275
Damn, right. A regressive tax would actually be better, come to think of it. Those poorfags don't know how to properly use their money, so it would just go to waste in their hands anyway.
>>
Many of us here agree with you, and you are in fact correct that a flat tax rate is fairer on everyone

However, the majority of people are burger flippers, and they have decided that since higher earners can afford to cover more than their fair share, they should be forced to do so and take some of the burden off the working class

It's pragmatism over idealism, the only realistic way to support bloated modern governments

A flat tax rate for everyone would necessitate a huge reduction in the size of the state, and politicians can't propose something like that because nobody would vote for it
>>
>>978279
>>978282
>Unironically paying taxes
lmao tbqh

Why would you reward and help welfare parasites?
>>
>>978284
No, regressive as in we quit being so nice to the leeches and make them pay for the burden of taxes, not us people who are actually doing useful things with our money like investing. They would just be spending it on weed anyway.
>>
>>978286
Yeah i know but I meant you shouldn't be paying taxes in the first place tbqh.

By doing it you're just enabling parasitic behavior and literally financing Tyrone's liquor and "kush" addiction.

It's not like I'm against paying for things, I'd gladly pay a reasonable amount for any services I require, I just don't want to pay for shit I don't even use.
>>
>>978294

yeah man we all feel that way, but good luck when they eventually put you in front of a judge and that's your explanation

part of growing up is learning to accept the things you cannot change

your actions are as short sighted, self-destructive, immature and irresponsible as tyrone, but at least he's getting high
>>
>>978296
>part of growing up is learning to accept the things you cannot change

But i don't want to grow up, senpai. I hate accepting unjust things ;-; I am a warrior of truth and justice
>>
>>978298

You can't stop time unfortunately, nobody wants to grow up, being an adult sucks.

You've got two options really

1. Keep going the way you're going, saying fuck the system and hiding your money in your mattress. Have 10-20 years of fun until you're caught and then lose everything and have your life destroyed

2. Grow up, let the state bend you over the table like everyone else, and go about your life numbing the anger with various distractions. If you feel that strongly about it, try and change the system by running for office.
>>
>>978304
Why can't you do the first one and then end it by leaving to some vacation island and staying there indefinitely?
>>
you can't expect Jamal to pay ~$20000 in taxes
>>
>>978313

You can try, but you can't guarantee they'll give you the chance to run

You probably won't know the walls are closing in until they arrest you, and at that point you may never get bail, or get bail on the condition you surrender your passport

Also, extradition laws may change in the future allowing you to be tried, and also what if you get bored 5 years in and want to see civilisation again?
>>
>>978316
Those who don't risk do not drink champagne, senpai.

You could always move to some meme country where they don't give a fuck or communicate with the US
>>
I heard you guys shit talking about Jamal.. He is actually a good guy if you know how to approach him. He generously shared one spliff or two with me while talking about how Basquiat saved his fate in this world.
>>
>>978320

It's all about risk:reward

I'm a business owner, I'm pretty tolerant of calculated risk

But risking my freedom and my life's work to save some money on taxes is beyond the pale
>>
Diminishing returns
>>
File: Capitalism.jpg (848KB, 763x990px) Image search: [Google]
Capitalism.jpg
848KB, 763x990px
>>
>>978346
This communist propaganda isn't relevant at all.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.