[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get a job with a specific company? I've applied

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: my_ass.jpg (25KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
my_ass.jpg
25KB, 500x333px
How do I get a job with a specific company? I've applied directly on their website, reached out to company 'recruiters' on LinkedIn. I have done hours of 'free' work related to their business to show I am committed.

Do I just need to know someone? What is the boundaries I should obey when trying to reach out?
>>
Deliver your own singing telegram
>>
>>977622
This is a good idea but here's how to do it.

Call the person who runs the department you are interested in. Tell that person you want to discuss with him on an idea that will save or make him more money. You will initially state you are a consultant. You have the meeting, avoiding all the HR fucksticks, and you'll state you really wanted to work for the company but figured you could be a consultant or contract worker to prove yourself first. He will be impressed, call HR and accuse them of being goat fuckers and he will tell them to hire you.

I've done this in the past and it worked for me. When you become a "consultant" you disarm your target in that you are trying to help him; not him trying to help you. It's nifty HR karate.
>>
pathetic self-bump
>>
>>977725
>avoiding all the HR fucksticks

Top-tier advice. HR are just a barrier you want to avoid, because they won't do shit unless they are told to find candidates for a position AND you fit a profile that they pulled out of their ass. Meanwhile a department head can actually estimate your potential contribution and has the final say either way.
>>
>>978110
>>977725

I guess the obvious next question is how do I get in contact with the department head? Is it rude to cold email? Why would they respond to a random person like me?
>>
>>978117
Fed-ex your typed proposal to his office with a business card.
>>
>>977608

let it go.

I've been down this road before. There are companies you wanna work for, and companies that will hire you. Usually the case is that it's one or the other and not both.

If you have applied online, reached out to people directly, and done a stop-by introduction, then just let it go bro. They're not gonna have you.
>>
>>978146

What is a stop-by introduction?
>>
>>978156

basically just walk in, and say I wanted to drop off a resume in person, that you are interested in the company and want to work there.

It's very possible to work this well with a small company (under 50 employees)
>>
>>978176
>>978146

These companies probably have between 50 - 200 employees. Definitely one small office, but unfortunately not in my current city.

I haven't snail-mailed my resume/cover letter yet. I figured this would end up pissing someone off or I would be viewed as wasteful by printing on dead trees.
>>
>>977608
>Do I just need to know someone?

Pretty much, yes.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.