[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I move to NYC as a poorfag?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 3

How do I move to NYC as a poorfag?
>>
flatmates
>>
You dont
>>
>>977356
I am assuming by car or on foot. Unless you have invented teleportation?
>>
>>977356
...That's Chicago
>>
>>977361
Thanks for your helpful and informative post
>>
>>977367
Im not going to write down lies that wont help you and pretend I gave you useful information. Its better this way as you save time money and energy. You are welcome.
>>
>>977366
Look at that well organized grid system. Daniel Burnham was an urban planning genius. It is a shame Chicago can't shut down for a year to get a better highway system, then it would really be the best business city in the world.
>>
>>977371
Do you even live in NYC? There's no way that every low wage worker there lives with parents or in the streets if it came down to it couldn't poorfags just split a 1 be between 2 people
>>
>>977356
why do you want to live in NYC
>>
>>977381
Best city on earth
>>
>>977377
>>977367
Google it yourself, if you're going to be a bitch. I'm sure there are a thousand guides out there for living in NYC on a budget. Stop being a faggot.
>>
>>977377
I dont deny that there are independent poor guys with roommates living in ny. But they are not living, they are surviving.
I am not going to recommend you NY if you are poor as you will struggle. Thats not encouraging but trapping. So my advice once again, you don't. If you want to go try your luck with real life effort and money then go ahead and good luck, I don't have a valuable advice then.
>>
>>977385
everything you could want to do in New York you can do in other cities too. It's just more expensive there.
>>
>>977389
That's all I want is to be poor there. If I don't like I can just come back to my shit hole

>>977388
I don't need guides I just want to know how to get a room without paying $1000

>>977385
Yeah that or la
>>
>>977391
Ha yeah right I'm laffin those cities don't even have a coast
>>
>>977394
Well since you are open to other options why not Berlin? Berlin is as artsy and as cosmopolite as NY. But way cheaper. If you can opt for LA instead of NY you can do it for Berlin, right?
>>
>>977385

are you fucking kidding me.

>sports
blows ass in each one right now minus hockey. obnoxious fans. obnoxious franchises
>CoL
have fun paying out your fucking bleeding asshole for food, liquor, women (assuming you're socially functional enough to go on dates), cabs, gas, supplies, and rent/utilities after taxes
>people
either unfriendly resident new yorker fuckfaces, yuppy trustfund hipster faggots, or niggars/foreigners
>weather
god damn. enjoy your flight delays
>nightlife
alright it's probably pretty dope. if you can afford it. have fun MAYBE banging 6/10 JAP bitches who are willing to MAYBE stray from their social circle to MAYBE talk to you after you put on your finest button down and slacks because that will totally differentiate you from all the other jaded party goers who look exactly the same
>security/crime
heh

i understand it's memeworthy draws. but it isn't the best city on earth not by a mile especially considering Las Vegas is on this planet
>>
>>977395

oh boy the new york coast! so desirable!
>>977394
i can respect LA though. basically legal weed, stare at hot bitches all day, warm, real beaches
>>
>>977397
It's across the ocean and shitty

>>977398
Oh god Midwest fag give it up
>>
>>977401
You want to live in NY as a bottom filler and call Berlin shitty? Well good luck with your life then and god bless muhrica I guess..
>>
>>977401
>Being poor
>Wanting to live in NYC
>Shitting on the midwest

There are cities like Indianapolis with vibrant downtowns that cost a fraction of what New York costs and you'll probably have just as fulfilling a life. You don't want NYC. You want the ideal of NYC you've created in your mind. That place doesn't exist. You're just setting yourself up for disappointment.
>>
>>977404
Oh so indanoplis has ocean views? Your city also has a world renown celebration in new years? I suppose your city also has 200b infrastructures. Do you run into celebrities on the train in indiapanolis? What?!? You don't have any of that?
>>
>>977401
>>977412

you are utterly delusional and perfect for NY
>>
>>977412
Bro, NYC isn't that magical. It's a big city that smells of rich assholes, immigrants, and street mustard.
>>
>>977431
I've visited and its literally perfect besides the weather there's something wrong with youvif you don't want to live in the place that offers everything
>>
>>977437

>there's something wrong with youvif you don't want to live in the place that offers everything

Vegas?
>>
>>977439
Vegas is alright but LA blows it out of the water
>>
I live in Sydney.

Been to NYC a few times and stayed for a few weeks with a friend who lives there and its a playground for adults but god damn if it isnt a human meat grinder.

Very competitive and brutal place.

If you are a cool guy I am sure you can reach out via couchsurfing to someone there to get a foothold, or a cheap ass room in brooklyn somewhere.
>>
>>977373
Too bad the niggers took it over
>>
>>977439

Vegas is a literal memetown.

New York is the only place to be. Anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves.
>>
Don't listen to the naysayers, OP.

All you really need is a place to keep yourself warm.
>>
For the sake of argument, which is the best city for richfags ?
I'm guessing NYC since it has the perfect culture centered around the rich.
>>
There is no magical answer OP. My advice? Fuck it, do it. You're young (assuming) and adventurous. Search for neighborhoods you won't die in, find a min wage job somewhere (it'll be more than min wage in NYC btw), and take it week by week. Start with basics like a place to stay, food, etc. Then when you're more comfortable add a few more amenities. It'll be worth it to even try for a bit so you can say you tried.

Saving money is worthless. You'll just go with a ton of money saved and blow it since you haven't adapted to your new way of living (poverty). I don't say that jokingly, but the pros of living and thriving in a place like NYC could outweigh your old way of living, even for a little bit so you'll have some culture, stories, and a little more edge when you move away. If you can make it there you can make it anywhere.

God speed OP
>>
>>977404
I've been to Indianapolis, its a fucking shithole. Tons of Money, Tons of Events, but the people and the food are Barely Alive. Some of the Most interesting talented people are cowards who've never been more than 50 miles from home.
I thought some people had settled pretty hard and then I spent 2 weeks in Indianapolis.
>>
>>977645
There is no One best City for a truly Richfag.

They hop, from the best events all year. Dubai, Monaco, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Sydney, Rio, Super Bowl Sunday, Tokyo, Ibiza, Black Rock, Venice, St Petersberg, Pamploma, Munich, Ireland....
>>
>>977404

Good God no...lol, just no.

You cannot replace NYC. I don't give a shit how vibrant some midwest cesspool may seem: NYC is NYC. It wouldn't matter if you did nothing while you lived there, you are a NEw Yorker. Nobody gives a shit about an Indianapolis'er, or wherever else. You'll NEVER recreate the feels of being in NYC with any other city.
>>
>>977385
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercer_Quality_of_Living_Survey

>tfw #1 mustard race
>>
>>977377
No, they live in the Bronx
>>
You don't
>>
>>977624
Tfw vegas is not even technically a city
>>
>>977735
Thanks for your useful and informative post
>>
>>977356
OP whatever movie you just watched was a lie
You cannot live comfortably in NYC. Even long island is too damn expensive(And isolated).

I live here way on the edge of queens with a 2 hour commute...everywhere. It helps to live your parents who are already somewhat established here, although barely above just surviving themselves.

Jobs are hard to come by and being born and raised here, you don't really need to drive. But at the same time you have to commute long hours(or you will just get sick of it). So commuting into the city every morning 2 hours because you can't drive in the city. And long island has a shitty transit system that cost an arm and a leg.

What ever fun you think you will have here, ditch that idea. You are on 4chan and through proxy assume you are like most people here. You won't enjoy it here.
>>977394
>I don't need guides I just want to know how to get a room without paying $1000
Jesus guy
You will be lucky if you find a roach infested basement 1 room apartment for that price
>>977394
>That's all I want is to be poor there. If I don't like I can just come back to my shit hole
Then by all means move to the Bronx, cheapest your going to get. And it seems you're looking for "adventure". Your more likely to get aids via rape than what your looking for you fucking hipster.

Your the type of guy who ruins it for everyone else here. Who complains about how unhappy all New yorkers are on the A "why don't you guys ever talk to each other [*puffs and pouts*]".

While I am here any one know any good jobs specifically electrical (undergraduate) in queens or Brooklyn. Part time. I need to graduate so I can gtfo of this city.
>>
>>977398
>i understand it's memeworthy draws. but it isn't the best city on earth not by a mile especially considering Las Vegas is on this planet
Although I hate this fucking city
It is the best but only if your
>Rich as fuck and work/live in the city
>Poor as fuck and on section 8

Everyone in the middle gets squeezed
The others get to actually enjoy things here
>>
>>977856
I don't want an apartment I want roommates and I don't give a fuck if people don't talk to ea other on the streets lmfao I like the feeling of no one giving a fuck about you and never knowing who your neighbors are. The Bronx isn't even bad compared to where I'm from I'd rather Dodge bullets then be amongst rednecks. And trust me imot like the weebs here I don't play games or watch anime I'm just trapped out in the middle of fucking nowherenand this is the only way I can talk to non rednecks
>>
>>977858
What? Vegas seems reasonable where I live its expensive as fucj and inn the middle of nowhere I was looking at vegas and they had nice places for really good prices. You just think your city caters to the rich because you've never seen poverty like this. If vegas wasn't so far away I'd take the bus there and just gamble until I'm not homeless anymore
>>
This is your third thread today about moving.
Why do you keep doing this?
Once a week you post about how miserable you are, and you never do anything about it.

You should just eat a bullet.
No one would miss you.
>>
>>977412
>Your city also has a world renown celebration in new years?
Just visit on new years dude

>I suppose your city also has 200b infrastructures
200b structures you will never afford and will only every be able to look at
Again just visit for a week

>Do you run into celebrities on the train in indiapanolis?
I take the train 4 hours a day and I've never met a celebrity. If you want to meet celebrity, wake up at 5am commute to times square and stand around the GMA studio. And prepare to have security watch you like a hawk and clear paths for the anchors.

All of that can be done within a visit. NYC is great, but you are seeing a boiled down version of it on facebook and movies.
I am broke and live here and don't do that shit. Hell I don't even go to those free concert events they have because then you have to pay out the ass for hotdogs if you get hungry.(some are okay, others are on par with putting a slim jim in a bun).

My friend you've been lied too.
>>
>>977865
So I am not imaging that I saw this thread already am I.

>>977859
>>977862
OP i've replied o you before in multiple threads
If you are so set on it, Hope on a fucking greyhound, walk off the bus and go on public assistance.

I am done trying to persuade you this isn't a wonderful city that you think it is. Please just FUCKING DO IT.

But you won't because your not a fucking New Yorker and you won't make it here. Everyone does a cost analysis on things, but you are whining a day dreaming. If you really are that desperately poor you would have done it already.
>>
>>977404

This.

Stop watching so many movies, OP.
>>
>>977874
No I don't want to be a fucking bum on public assistance I just want to work there and have a normal life as a poor person in a big city
>>
>>977412
>wants to move to NYC for a bit of dirty water, sparkling lights and spotting Louis CK in a public toilet
>>
>>978183
>dirty water
>not realizing all the dirty water is upstate where I live
>implying my water isn't brown and full of dead cows
>>
>>978211
Still an overrated shithole that's going to be fucked by nature soon, lads.
>>
>>977439
Vegas is okay but unless you want to live in Nigger ridden North Las Vegas it is going to be almost all over-priced mcmansions
>>
>>977874
yo NYC fags in here, i need your honest input/experience.

I'm thinking of moving to NYC and working as a street artist for awhile. I can quickly knock out portraits that people have paid $20-35 for consistently (i've done it in nearby cities here in the midwest).

I figure if I push I can probably make between 100 and 150 a day doing portraits for tourists in the warm season. On random rainy days I have no idea, maybe try in subways or something. I might just have to keep some money set aside for that case scenario. Based on a trip I took awhile ago, $125 avg is enough to feed/shelter me each day.

I've looked into laws and stuff and it all looks good. I'm really wondering if there's advice or knowledge you guys have like "watch out for bums in x area" or "ppl scam/steal like so" or something I wouldn't know until I got there and had to deal with it myself.
>>
>>978213
Nope
>>
>>978222
Yes, mister digits.
>>
>>977394
>That's all I want is to be poor there. If I don't like I can just come back to my shit hole

Lol, your not going to be saying that shit when your getting mugged daily by your neighbors. Take it from someone that actually lives in a low-income neighborhood in NYC, you do not belong here and will get your ass raped constantly if you try to come here.
>>
>>977373
Can vouch for the grid, i can tell anyone in this city i live s 218th and anyone can make it here from anywhere.
>>
>>978217
No offense but I really don't think new yorkers will stop walking AND take the time AND sit AND wait for the portrait to be done AND pay you for it. I have no doubt you are a skilled paintor but new yorkers are not likely to do their portraits in the streets. Watch out for niggers everywhere.
>>
>>978227
I want to die though

Is it easily affordable there?
>>
>>978245
>new yorkers
Right I'm not going after New Yorkers. I'm going after tourists. I got the idea from a friend whose parents bought some portraits when they went ten years ago.

By the end of the week I was there I couldn't walk down the street without some middle-age idiot from the midwest asking me for directions.
>>
>>978289
It won't work probably people want to see times square not their painting. You'll only appeal to suburban moms who want to go "oh look at this picture we had painted in new York isn't it so funny"

It might work if you work and do that on the weekends. Welcome to NYC.
>>
>>978211
Stop complaining about your poorfag problems on 4chan, go on Craigslist and find some roommates. It is very possible to afford NYC with a roommate or two. I know someone who paid 600 a month in rent to share a very small apartment with a friend. It was ghetto but only a few blocks from manhattan. People on here don;t know what the fuck they're talking about. It isn't that bad. If you really want to live in NYC just because, you can do it. and you probably should.
>>
>>978307
That's literally all I needed was he sharing an apartment or did they each have their own room?
>>
>>978308
It was a studio, and very small. Honestly the living/sleeping area was like the size of an average university dorm room. There was also a (very) small kitchen space aside from that but not too big of a problem. And a decent size bathroom with a full sized tub. I think the location was between Harlem and Manhattan but closer to Harlem. Which isn't a big deal because Manhattan is just a quick subway ride away anyway. Splitting rent with one person made it $600. So yes, living in NYC is totally doable. I spend more in rent in a boring suburb in California. So I think you should do it if living in NYC is what you want to do, look on Craigslist for shared studios. If youre lucky maybe you can get a small bedroom at that price point but probably not so close to Manhattan
>>
>>978317
If you try it and shit doesn't work out you can always move back to wherever you're living now. It's worth trying.
>>
>>978319
Yea worth getting stripped off by a burger flipper while some random 'lil' d' and his 'homies' go craze about a whiteboi butthole in sight.
>>
>>978317
Oh so its still 1200 for rent that doesn't help at all

Is LA cheaper at all? I like that city better its just NYC is close to me, I legit want to live in a black neighborhood like its preferred
>>
>>978333
>>978333
You realize this isn't prison right? Blacks would rather rape women they only go for guys in prison most blacks would have their reputation destroyed if they wanted gay sex

I go to school with these people and one of my friends is from what you would call a bad area the only people getting raped there are black trash girls and they don't even mind it I had one girl from Harlem talk about being raped with a smile on her face swear to gawd
>>
>>977727
>chicago listed higher than NY and LA

so you can have a nice life if you’re able to avoid being shot out there?
>>
>>978334
Yeah, I have a friend in LA who actually just got a nice ass studio in the heart of downtown with great views of the skyline for $1050 a month. No roommates. It is slightly more affordable than NYC
>>
>>978334
Depends. How close to LA do you want to live? I live about an hour east of LA and pay $1600 for a decent sized 3 bedroom house in a nice neighborhood. LA itself is overpriced but you can find good deals in the surrounding areas.
>>
>>978366
Just in LA don't care if its ad far east as you can go or if I'm long beach

>>978357
Chicago's not that bad they say it is hut there's kids coming straight outta the ghetto that act literally like women
>>
>>978366
Are you in Riverside? If so can you recommend any good neighborhoods there? Ha
>>
>>978369
>2,700+(and counting) people shot this year alone

would rather live in NY and smell that piss smell all day than live in chicago
>>
>>978370
Uh riverside isn't big only big as fuck cities are dangerous avoid spray paint I guess
>>
>>978372
Uh yeah its a big city niggas dying but Chicago is cheap as fuck and anying outside cook county is safe
>>
>>978366
inland empire i suppose? i live in north oc near dismaland and $1600 can either get you a luxury one bedroom or nice two bedroom apartment
>>
pros:
tons of great food thats overpriced by a factor of 10x
can get anything really, as long as you multiply going price anywhere else in nation by 10x
you dont need to own a car because theres literally nowhere to park it and besides you can walk 50x faster than a non-moving parkinglot of traffic

cons:
dangerous dirty city full of illegals and criminals
no space, 20ft backyards are for millionaires
trash everywhere, smells terrible, noisy and loud as hell
run by liberal criminals who think it should be illegal to drink a 20oz cola
>>
>>978370
I'm in Corona which is right next to it. I grew up in Riverside though. Anywhere near UCR is a good area as long as you don't go east of Chicago close to downtown. Mission Grove or Canyon Crest are near UCR which are nice places to live and rent is reasonable.
>>
>>978380
Yea inland empire. Corona is really the only place I could find where the neighborhoods are decent but the rent is still low. I can't really afford OC since I have 3 kids.
>>
>>978385
Yeah op here I went to manhattan to live in a car

God wins again
>>
>>978317
People honestly share a single room with strangers in NY?

Sounds like fucking China or something.
>>
>>978389
Thanks for the info, moving there next Fall for UCR. Safe to walk to the campus from those neighborhoods? I hear a lot of crap talk about how dangerous it is there. Also should I avoid living in downtown Riverside then?
>>
>>978394
Its common I live in all town and these guys got an apartment and one guy hjg up curtains in the middle o the living room and rented it out. Could have swore there was rooms in nyc for 700 in Brooklyn and harlem
>>
>>978398
How do you deal with girls? Just go to town with the curtain up and have your roommate listening?
>>
>>978394
It's not that bad.
I shared a small Loft with a stranger before in the heart of downtown SD. My roommate turned out kind of shitty and annoying but not terrible and it was totally worth the amazing location. Maybe sharing a space with someone isn't that great if you wanna stay home all day but I was actually enjoying life outside in downtown and paid rent for a place to sleep and bathe.
>>
Is the crime really that bad in NYC? i went for a week last september and had no problems as a short (often drunk) well-dressed white kid. I was mostly in soho, midtown, brooklyn and a little in manhattan
>>
>>978396
Anywhere within a 5 mile radius of the college is completely safe, but no you don't want to live in downtown Riverside. The demographic changes completely. Tons of prostitutes, crackheads, meth addicts, gangs, and other types of trouble. Just stay away from East Riverside completely if you can help it.
>>
>>978400
I'd probably turn homicidal if I have no place to lock myself away, I can't imagine how people do it.
>>
>>977356
Move to East Newark, NJ, the Ironbound section.

No one wants to live in Newark since Newark is bad. But East Newark is pretty nice. Lots of nice looking Brazilian girls. Fairly safe. People not from the immediate area don't know this. Pretty cheap too.

Also, it is less than 15 minutes from Newark Penn station to New York Penn station. PATH is slower yet cheaper.

If you want your own apartment in Greenwich Village or Williamsburg, it will probably be unaffordable to you.
>>
>>978399
Well they were like never home

>>978407
Anything near NYC works i don't expect anything on low wages just a small room in a shitty location
>>
>>978401
Crime rates are actually some of the lowest in the country, especially in manhattan

Statistically it's because the city just has so many fucking people at all times it's less likely something will happen to you
>>
>>978427
>>978404
huh, okay. I'm from Michigan and have spent a little time in/around Detroit, so maybe I've just got decent radar and habits from basically everyone around here saying "don't go to Detroit- the way you look you're asking to get robbed and put into the hospital". But even then, I've never really had a problem. Maybe I've just been lucky.
>>
>>978305
Did you forget this board has IDs

Because it almost seemed like you were trying to seem like you knew shit about NYC
>>
>>978544
No a lot of my friends are from NYC and I've visited and I've been researching it a lot
>>
>>978398

Sounds like a miserable way to live.
>>
>>977356
Why the fuck would you come here? I'm a landlord with several properties, so I'm not complaining, but unless you work on Wall Street there is no particular reason to come.
>>
>>978920
There's no rednecks there
>>
>>977356
Get a job catering, rent a room to get your grounds, move into a house with friends later, move up company ladder, save money, dont become a drunk or drug addict, keep your ear to the ground, network with rich people while catering.

Just dont stop trying
>>
>>979031
Is that all I have to do? Everyone's makes it sound like the rent is more than min wage earners make but I found a few rooms for 700 and 800 that look legit
>>
>>978690
Then why the fuck do you feel the need to post the same shitty thread once a week?

If you have done so much research why the fuck are you here?

And why DO you post this thread so often?
>>
>>977394

A one bedroom in Manhattan's Hell's Kitchen or Lower East Side neighborhoods go for around $2400 a month. The 3-4 /biz fags that I see posting here about moving to NYC every week should just join up and and roommate together for 600 a month
>>
>>978394
>People honestly share a single room with strangers in NY?

No college education, no dorm living experience detected
>>
>>979060
Huh?

>>979077
I don't plan on living somewhere trendy just some neighborhood in Brooklyn or the Bronx?
>>
>>979116
Don't play stupid. Just answer my questions.
>>
>>979116
Those are the least trendy and least expensive neighborhoods in Manhattan. Also, I don't consider any area above the 120's as "Manhattan".

You can find a place to live in Brooklyn or Astoria for about 6-800 a month if you searched for 2 bedrooms and found a third roommate for the living room(pretty common)
>>
>>978390
would it be worth it to live out there and commute? i jut wouldn’t want to deal with the 91 traffic. I’m assuming you don’t commute?
>>
>>979263
Anyone that has to commute into Manhattan take the metro north(train), the subway, Amtrak or path(train from New Jersey)

You only drive for special occasions or super late at night/early mornings. (Toll is 13 a car btw)
>>
>>979202

Mfw here with 800$ a month you could rent a two-bedroom flat and still have 300$ leftover.
>>
>>979284
Yeah but you live in a boring shit hole so there's nothing to brag about
>>
>>979263
I used to commute into LA but there is plenty of work elsewhere. When I was working in LA I would take the Metrolink and then expense it to my company. I wouldn't do that again for any extended period of time however. The commute can get pretty draining after a few years. The 91 is pretty brutal during peak hours but isn't that bad otherwise. I use FastTrack which costs $3-$5 per use whenever I want to get into LA and it lets you use express lanes to bypass the majority of the traffic. Overall, bad traffic is just the cost of living in Southern California.
>>
>>978289
>>978217
It might not be very lucrative to be honest
There are a lot of artist out here doing something like what you are doing. And times square is full of people trying to sell paintings all over the place. Maybe if you had a job you could do it on the side.
When I went on vacation to another country people would do those paintings in hotels
>Safe place
>people slow down when they are in hotels
>Its not out in public
Maybe you can get into a hotel, but besides that there are very few places anyone would feel safe and be able to slow down enough to sit and get their likeness taken down by you.

Its hard to explain but in NYC it is very rare you ever let your guard down, relax, shut your mind off, stop being in fear. Its a bit of all of them at the same time and you are always on the move to your next destination (which is usually a event private or around like minded people). Its hard to explain but new yorkers who commute a lot understand what I am talking about.
>>
>>977356
That's LA.
>>
>>977356
Have a job and flatshare. Look for just a room with bills included in rent.

I manage this and I'm in London senpai.
>>
>>980030
Privileged college degree detected
>>
>>977398
>security/crime
>mfw New York is the safest large American city
>>
>>979022
What is the problem with "rednecks"? They tend to be hard working conservative people that keep to themselves politically- except for sparse religious issues, and don't vote for more regulations and tax increases.

If I wasn't so involved in the real estate market here, I would have moved out to Montana or Alaska long ago.
>>
>>977721
If you live in NYC as a poorfag, you'll never get the experience you wish, the nightlife and other "cool" stuff is for people that are somewhat rich and have time. However, a poor person have neither money nor time.

Why would you want to go there? You lived in the contryside all your life?
I think you just want to go to a big city (for watever reason), just move to one of the major city of your state, then decide if you really needed NYC.

Living in a big city is expensive as hell and for the tinyest appartement, you could get a full size house in a shithole. And for a 2 bedroom appartement, you'd get a nice house in a decent neighboorhood
>>
>>980807
NYC is the major city in !y state
>>
>>980807
you don't know shit about nightlife. You CAN be a poorfag and still hit the scenes. Very few places are stuffy, and like all things in life it's about who you know. If you aren't a girl, make sure you make girl friends fast and you can get into almost anywhere and also not spend a dime on booze. Last year I went out every single night and only spent money when i needed to tip or taking a cab home.
>>
>>980768
>Montana or Alaska
>"rednecks"

Rednecks are southern creatures. Montana and Alaska have "End of the Road-ers", "sovereigns", etc.
>>
>>981024
I guess the options boil down to become a kek or don't participate in nightlife?
>>
>>979985
thanks for the input, man!

I know there's competition, I figure people are more likely to buy pics of themselves than some rando painting. Definitely not looking for lucrative, just enough to eat and sleep each day. I probably won't do it forever, just for the warm months for 2-??? years.

I know everyone is on the move, but I never really felt the 'fear' when I was there. I figured I'd hang in parks or near more 'historic' attractions like the statue of liberty or something rather than frenetic shit like Times Square.

The park in greenwhich village by NYU with the dog park and the arch struck me as pretty chill place where people aren't moving too much. I remember a lot of people just sitting around chatting and taking photos or whatever. I should note that I'm pretty well put-together, very confident in approaching strangers, and non-threatening.

I guess I'm also making the assumption that there's tourists basically everywhere in NYC. Any suggestions on attractions/areas/parks that are a *little* more laid back than others?
>>
>>980807
I don't want nhtlife I want to improve my life
>>
>>981026
There are rednecks in every rural part of the US. Why do you think it's a southern thing? Have you never been to Maine or Minnesota?
>>
>dont do anything
>you will fail
>you will be raped by blacks
>suck dicks

Wow. The internet badassery on this board is off the scale. What made you all so negative? Cheer up!

Also, buy bitcoins. 2016 will be the year of the bitcoin. Byebye negative nellies. You've had your fun.
>>
>>981234
NYC ain't for you then. You want to adjust cost of living to median wages. NYC, Boston, San Fran, LA, are all god awful because the cost of living is too high. The middle of nowhere (bumfuck Missouri) is awful because the median wage is trash. Look for a medium cost of living with medium-high median wage, like Raleigh and Houston were 5 years ago.
>>
>>981623
>buy bitcoins
Lel
>>
>>981667
Why not?
>>
>>981667
>>981667
bitcoin has had too much scandal surrounding its inception. The public will never truly accept it. We're headed to some sort of crypto eventually, but it won't be Bitcoin.
>>
>>977404
lol

whatever gets you to sleep at night
>>
>>977356
you get the fuck out you tard or get shot in the hood.
why would you want to move to NYC as a poorfag? there's a lot better places out there op, for example the bayou, right?
>>
>>977624
>New York is the only place to be. Anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves.
Anyone who thinks New York isn't a bad place is the one fooling themselves.
There's like 1 part per 10 that's decent, compared to the global standard of 9 parts per 10 that are decent.
>>
>>977356
a) big cities are shit, b) american cities are shit.

The suburbs are worse, but it's all shit.

I'd rather live in a cabin in the woods if I was going to be poor.
>>
>>979077
You should write sit-coms.
>>
>>984236
Nice to see a post from the Unabomber.
>>
>>984236
I'm saving that for my thirties
Thread posts: 140
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.