[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What should I expect as an accounting major? What should I expect

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: accountant .jpg (118KB, 575x315px) Image search: [Google]
accountant .jpg
118KB, 575x315px
What should I expect as an accounting major? What should I expect as an accountant? Any better options out there?
>>
>>977231
Not a lot of income.
>>
>>977231
$40k starting even at a big 4, swamped with work during the busy season and slightly moving up when you get your CPA.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMOmB1q8W4Y
>>
Also an early death, by suicide.
>>
the glorious privilege of telling starving STEMfags to fuck off when you have a stable job that only gets easier by the same automation the STEMfags have built :^)
>>
>>977238
No big 4 will start out at atleast 50k and you would have a good chance of making around 70k 3 years down the line when you get promoted to senior and then 90-100k another 3 years down line when you are promoted to manager. Not to mention the countless job opportunities from outside the firm that will presented to you from outside the firm once you have big 4 experience.
>>
Suicide and misery
>>
Say, anyone here know anything about actuarial work?
>>
>>977314
>He actually thinks he will become a manager

Na senpai. Even on glassdoor the salary for managers is like 80k, if you even eat enough ass to get there
>>
>>977551
a good board to lurk is actuarial outpost.
>>
>>977231
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tOtuBoQAoc
>>
>>977577
Thanks, got any more?
>>
>>977231
2nd year Risk Consultant at Big 4 here.

TL;DR: Don't do it.

On your first year they'll pay you around 56k, and around 62k on your second year.
You'll work an average of 50 hours per week, but this are inconsistent as you'll have at times low workload (40 hour weeks) and at other times high workload (60 hour weeks).

The people are nice and very young so you'll have a lot of fun when hanging out with them at low season.

The worst parts in my opinion are that the client will always hate you for interrupting their work to ask questions and gather evidence, and that you'll have to get used to being a beta kek with clients thanking them constantly for their time and apologizing like a faggot.

My advice: Drop accounting and go for engineer or actuarial or you'll end up living like a kek
>>
>>978651
are you a cpa?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.