[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm fresh out of college. I don't have much to fill

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: young_32.jpg (607KB, 1437x1500px) Image search: [Google]
young_32.jpg
607KB, 1437x1500px
I'm fresh out of college. I don't have much to fill up my resume with, so I wanted to put my study abroad program in there. It was just over the summer. I didn't do much, obviously, because it was two months.

Where does study abroad go? Education section? Extracurriculars?
>>
>>976715

did you actually do anything interesting there?

I did some pretty amazing shit in my year abroad that knocks employers off their feet every time, and I put that under experience.

if you just went to a country and sat in lectures you didn't understand and got drunk then maybe you shouldn't put that in there.
>>
>>976720
Elaborate. I want to know what amazing, earth shattering extra curriculars you were a part of.
>>
>>976729

not really, because if you dug around you could probably identify me. and I'm an upstanding sort of person that doesn't masturbate to asian cartoons.
>>
>>976744
Why would someone go on the internet and just lie?
>>
>>976720
Yeah, sort of. I made a video diary that won a contest and they put it on my uni's study abroad site. I also taught kids English for a week in Tokyo, but that was literally it.

Other really small things I did were, I was a "group leader", which meant nothing beyond being given a cellphone and being my apartment block's emergency contact. I also helped plan an activity night during one of the program field trips. This is REALLY reaching, though.
>>
>>976771

:|

unless you want to get into journalism, I don't really see how that's relevant to your job.

don't put irrelevant things in your resume.
>>
>>976744
>>976744
You don't need to name programs or the country you went to. Just describe what you did in a more general sense and maybe explain why it's so noteworthy.
>>
>>976785

I ended up designing and coordinating the implementation, testing and deployment of a thing that hadn't existed up until that point and opened new frontiers.
>>
>>976776
Yes, but like I said in the OP, I don't have much to fill up my resume with. Everything must go there
>>
>>976792
Ok that's really broad... So how did this happen? Did you just see something that was in dire need of improvement or were you helped along by a professor or was it part of some kind of university competition?
>>
>>976807
professor saw my previous work/academic performance and asked me if I wanted to do something challenging and presented me with the problem. then I went there and did it.
>>
>>976814
That's cool. I guess you didn't lower your course load for doing the project. Was it very time intensive and stressful? I imagine doing something like that on top of learning a new language is not really possible without taking less courses, so you probably knew the language of your host country pretty well.
>>
>>976828
>Was it very time intensive and stressful?

yes.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.