[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why doesn't Japan just print tons of money? I keep seeing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Map-Japan[1].gif (12KB, 615x348px) Image search: [Google]
Map-Japan[1].gif
12KB, 615x348px
Why doesn't Japan just print tons of money?

I keep seeing mentioned that Japan tries to get inflation into its economy and failing. I also see how an issue is represented by the fact that they have a huge debt.

So why don't they just print money? If it causes inflation, they wanted that anyway, if it doesn't then they can just pay off some of their debt.

Seems like win-win to me.
>>
because printing money is actually more expensive than the value of the money printed
>>
>>976249
That's only true for really low value coins.

And then there's electronic printing that doesn't involve any printing other than creating new bank reserves.

So what you said does not answer the question.
>>
>>976249
why don't they turn grass into money?
>>
>>976245
If Japan prints more money, inflation increases but devalue its currency weaken its economy from the outside so that imports would be more expensive.

And maybe is more harmful for its economy make more expensive the imports (Like oil, energy...) than deflation.
>>
>>976245
>Why doesn't Japan just print tons of money?
It has been for decades. It hasn't created inflation because printing money doesn't cause inflation. People who believe printing money causes inflation are very ignorant.

What Japan needs is a radical shift in policy, not just more money printing.
>>
>>976245
ageing population, anime watching population, no more technological advancement
>>
Workforce participation is low. Women generally don't work. Only a few gen y and millennials work anything but menial service jobs. Declining birth rate. Many Management service industries stuck in the 70's. Fax is still a major thing in japan. Its kept current workforce artificially high relative to tech. After the war they went full ham western with the pension plans, except they took even better care of the elderly than america who poisoned their population and had a few wars, and killed off many pensioners.

As such the stagflation stands and will stand.

This fact is evident in the average age of inheritance. Which during growth stood around the late twenties early 30s today its around the 50's past child bearing age. So the middle generation having a growth level of children comes at full cost. and the old folks aren't retiring either. so huge experience gaps are created.
>>
>>977605
arent u chinese
>>
>>976245
They have.

They print money, give it to banks, banks spend it on stocks and shit so none of that money gets to consumer. As result, the consumer prces stay low.
>>
File: 1448574063925.jpg (21KB, 534x516px) Image search: [Google]
1448574063925.jpg
21KB, 534x516px
>>976245
>printing money
>causes inflation
>>
>>976245
>Why doesn't Japan just print tons of money?

They are. They're doing the equivalent of 3 times our QE relative to the size of their economy. A developed country has never attempted to print this much money before at this speed.

>So why don't they just print money? If it causes inflation, they wanted that anyway, if it doesn't then they can just pay off some of their debt.

The yen has a third of its value in the past 3 years. They're worried about yen devaluation spiraling out of control if they add more to their already enormous QE policy.

Some people think it's inevitable that the yen will lose two thirds of its value over the next couple years.
>>
>>977840
has lost a third*
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.