[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>inherited $2.2 million >apparently I didn't "earn"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 13

File: 1447537216571.png (67KB, 293x231px) Image search: [Google]
1447537216571.png
67KB, 293x231px
>inherited $2.2 million
>apparently I didn't "earn" it so I get taxed a shit ton on it so that millions of bottomfeedng welfare scroungers can leech off from it

Redpill me /biz/, why exactly do we support welfare? What would happen if we privatized social security, 401k, food stamps and medicare?
>>
You DIDN'T earn it though, and with at least a million bucks you should be able to become much much richer if you really deserve it.
>>
>>976207
>redpill
>almost 2016
>still with le matrix epic memes
>>
Well you didn't earn it did you fucking retard? Don't give me that bullshit about your parents are whoever earning it either. Luck of the draw mate. Most people aren't that lucky. Thus the taxing. Stop trying to justify nonsense to fit your own agenda.
>bottomfeeders
Meaningless biz word; you don't know the circumstances of everyone on welfare, you have literally no idea. Stop believing lies about inherent inferiority/superiority, we're all basically the same. Luck plays the biggest part in life circumstances. Stop believing otherwise in order to justify your solipstic beliefs.
>>
Wait, they tax inheritance in the U.S?

Fucking kek.
>>
>not gifting your children the yearly maximum allowance
sounds like natural selection OP, the financially incompetent can't stay rich forever
>>
>>976214
>luck

Luck is an excuse which you liberals hide behind to justify your fantasies.

Winners never quit. Losers do.
>>
>>976227

lol winners

what the fuck did you do to be a winner? come out of the right vagina?

people like you are the biggest losers of all. you dont do shit, yet you gt a free ride because mommy and daddy provide

at least people on welfare work for a living. all you do is leech off your wealthy relatives, or are born from the right vagina

right welfare queen
>>
>>976207
crawling out of the right vagina isn't earning
>>
>>976207
I'm assuming you inherited it from your parents and in that case it's bullshit that your parents worked all of their lives to have their gift to you stolen from by the government. Welfare really exists to buy votes from the poor and to keep people dependent on the government. If social security was privatized it would collapse immediately as it's a blatant ponzy scheme that has only existed for so long because people have been forced to buy into it. 401ks have certain restrictions on taking out money and what investment vehicles are available to you so there wouldn't be an exact free market version of a 401k like that since a major thing that separates a 401k from buying some long term CDs every month is the unique rules, penalties and restrictions of investment options. The closest thing to a private sector version of food stamps would be a food bank and other charitable organizations. Instead of medicare we would have insurance that would be far more affordable without the government subsidizing insurance which gives less of an incentive to not jack up prices for medicine.
>>
>>976208
>>976214
Whether or not he didn't "earn" the money is irrelevant. The government should keep their filthy hands out of the money.
>>
>>976225
this desu
>>
>>976227
>those who won in the end, won in the end

What an insightful statement
>>
>>976227
>Inherit money from people
>Objectively did nothing to gather that wealth

I agree that inheritance taxes are bullshit, but the irony of a million-dollar inheritance babby talking about "undeserved" financial safety is just great.
>>
File: 678696.png (5KB, 142x142px) Image search: [Google]
678696.png
5KB, 142x142px
>>976207
>pay your asses off taxes earning money
>die
>"we take our cut now"

it's a joke. should have moved to a country with no heritage taxes
>>
>>976207
you can try r9k
>>
>>976207
Because promising 'free' stuff gets politicians elected.

Private markets would distribute resources more efficient.
>>
3/10 bait
>>
>>976251
Basically everything is a mix of genetics and luck. Both have to do with crawling out of the right vagina.
>>
>>976207

So your parents or family is worth millions and didn't setup the right tax dodges? Sucks to be you.

As for why we support welfare, you pay more on interest to the national debt and military then you do most social welfare programs. Buck up, skippy. You've paid for a couple more roads to be paved and a library to be built.
>>
>>976269
What if he spent his whole life supporting and bringing joy to his parents, thus increasing their morale and dedication?
>>
>>976344

Children do not raise parents
>>
>>976357
You never saw a jewish single mother.
>>
>>976213

>tfw people born after the matrix are reaching age of consent

Brothers, we're getting old

yet we're still lurking on a japanese cartoon appreciation forum.
>>
>>976207
You are lying about the inheritance.

The federal estate tax exemption—that's the amount an individual can leave to heirs without having to pay federal estate tax—will be $5.43 million in 2015.
>>
>>976364

Ohyeah, I forgot about that bit.
>>
>>976207
Who ever died should have been smart and put it into a trust/annuity. I'm fairly certain those aren't taxed to the inheritors. Not 100% on that.
>>
Aw, poor OP... Getting $2 million just because you exist must be rough.

The very first thing I would have done if I got $2 million just given to me was consult some people and look up some state laws about the taxes. I've won a $5,000+ lottery ticket before and I was taxed 29%. I planned accordingly because I knew ahead of time exactly what they were going to take.

>Forgot to account for the $36.00 I owed to the city for something

Also, the welfare system is shit. It has good intentions but it's fundamentally flawed and far too easy to get access to. There's nothing wrong with using a tax system to help people that truly are in need but unfortunately, the system's laws are so loose, a lot of people and low lives take advantage of it.
>>
>>976361
I know right? I was talking to my nephew the other day about a movie and then I realized it came out 2000ish so he had never seen it.
>tfw you remember early 2000s like it was yesterday
>>
>>976390

Why the fuck should the state take a cut of my father's stuff when he dies?

It's all property that has already been taxed when he first acquired it.
>>
>>976207
Op I don't know why all these poor fags are upset because you have an easy life and they don't. Whoever left you that money did in fact work hard for it. Yes, it's unfortunate that there wasn't more planning done to doge the tax, it hurts to be lazy, but that shouldn't be a requirement to leave behind money to people you love.

Also we should definitely privitize social security. Anyone on this board who thinks otherwise needs to leave. Just think of how much you could grow that money, versus receiveing some paltry amount after inflation has eaten most of it away. Plus, I can't live long enough to even get back what I'll pay into the system. It doesn't work because its broken, you don't need to keep trying to reform it, just remove it.
>>
>>976207
Don't worry you would have squandered it on bitkek memes anyways. At least that 40% will go towards something meaningful.
>>
>>976207
>What would happen if we privatized social security, 401k, food stamps and medicare?

There's so much autism in this question, but we'd just basically call it an insurance company.

401ks are privatized though, you'd know that if you had one.
>>
>>976214
>Luck of the draw mate. Most people aren't that lucky. Thus the taxing.
Inequality does not justify theft.

>Stop believing lies about inherent inferiority/superiority, we're all basically the same. Luck PLAYS the biggest part in life circumstances.
We can't both be "the same" and different at the same time. But yes, you are partly correct: chance, which either gives us good genetics and a great start in life or bad genetics and a bad start in life, is ultimately what shapes our lives.
>>
File: 1307.png (39KB, 813x300px) Image search: [Google]
1307.png
39KB, 813x300px
>>976544
>meaningful
>>
>>976567
'Theft' implies ownership. It can be argued that the concept of ownership shares a causal relation to inequality. I'd say that theft is, in fact, very 'just'.

>We can't both be "the same" and different at the same time
No, of course not, you're right; what I was trying to say that, genetically, the majority of us are hard-wired to a similar enough degree to the extent that, given the opportunity, minus a few outliers, we are all capable of achieving the same things.
>>
>>976536
I wish we could privatize social security, but if you did there would be a lot of seniors dying in the streets because surprise surprise, there is a large portion of people who don't know how to invest properly.

But I mean, think of that extra 5-10% you can get. Surely that's better for society than Pops going bankrupt and living in a tent.
>>
>>976258
>keep people dependent on the government
>At 62.9 percent, the largest share of people participating in TANF participated between one and 12 months.
http://www.census.gov/newsroom/press-releases/2015/cb15-97.html
But yeah, fuck the poor, I've got mine.
>>
>>976530
Probably because the state helped him or you in some form. Feel free to move to some shithole though if you don't feel the need to contribute.
>>
>>976207
>Redpill me /biz/, why exactly do we support welfare?

It keeps those on the bottom just happy enough to not go out and murder the rich.

Those making the big bucks do better on social security and medicare taxes because they only count the fist 117k or so of income.

Example
>make 100k
>taxed at ~25% plus 7% for social security and medicare
>take home 68k with a 32% effective rate
>make 250k
>taxed at ~30% plus 7% on 117k
>take home 183k with a 27% effective rate

Only an idiot will make that much without deductions that knock their effective income down a tax bracket or 2.

Be glad you can take 1.2 million home and invest it rather than slowly losing your 2 million paying for private security
>>
Reminder that we should send all the disgusting lazy poorfags to forced labor camps and then seize all their assets. Fucking parasites, shitting up all my hard work.
>>
>>976207
So you did "earn" it?
>>
>>976602
You act as if old people dying is a bad thing. Let's be real, old people are the scourge of modern society.
>>
>>976207
Even if you did earn it you'd get taxed a shit ton.

>Social Security: 6.2%
>Federal Income Tax: 28%
>Medicaid: 1.45%
>MA State Tax: 5.15%

40.8% of my earned wealth is taxed. The US Revolution was fought over 18%.
>>
File: tmp_28061-laziness-1163085432.jpg (72KB, 529x713px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_28061-laziness-1163085432.jpg
72KB, 529x713px
>>976671
He worked very, very hard for it.
>>
>>976207

> blames the welfare cunts for being welfare cunts
> not blaming society
> not blaming congress
> not blaming self

You're more middle class than anything. You better use that money to get a better brain.
>>
>>976684
Jesus Christ. Look at them all squatting. Doing fucking nothing. Maybe if they got up and did some actual work then they'd not be so poor.
>>
>>976258

His parents are dumb for not even looking into the tax code to avoid this. In fact, he shouldn't have even been taxed in the first place. What is a trust?
>>
>>976705
>His parents are dumb
were dumb

OP's batman now because his parents are dead.
>>
>>976207
Like if doesn't go to buying more bombs, idiot.
>>
File: star-wars-kid-o.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-kid-o.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>976710

He wish he could become batman, instead he's recording videos for the Internet.
>>
>>976718

Jesus christ that gif takes me back
>>
>>976207
>implying you actually inherited anything more than a cigar box full of newspaper clippings
>>
>>976207
>Gets money he didn't earn
>Complains about other people getting smaller sum they didn't earn

Fucking degenerate
>>
>>976207
Because most of the wealth ppl on top amass is produced by a large percentage of those "bottom feeders", if those people are left high and dry who is gonna work in factories? who is gonna wait tables at restaurants? on whose backs will rich ppls businesses thrive? Or are you gonna look for a shit job, get taxed a fuck ton, and make some other motherfucker rich just in order to finally be able to pay for your own shit? Stfu mr "I inherited a gazillion dollars but i'm salty cus I got taxed"
Yeah I know how /biz/ thinks and I know how fucking disconnected from reality most of you are, call me lib scum, whatever I dont care, this shit is the truth, not everybody that's broke is lazy, not everybody who is unemployed and on the dole wants to be that way. Oh and no, don't think I'm one of those unfortunate people u talk about, never been, but I've seen my parents work themselves into an early grave just so me and my siblings could go through uni, and i've worked basically everyday since I was 16, I've met a lot of ppl in dire situations taking the scraps the government gave them or being taken advantage of by greedy fuck face bosses.
Everything I have I earned it, I've been up and I've been down, I've considered filling for government help, do you even know how it feels to have no one to turn too? Do you know how it feels to not know where your next meal is gonna come from? Srsly I don't even know why I'm entertaining your bullshit, so just, fuck you, fuck your spoiled ass views of the world, fuck the fact that you put earn in quotations, those quotations have no business being there, u rly didn't earn SHIT, fuck your lack of empathy, fuck the modem you're using, fuck the keyboard you've used to write that stupid ass post and, again, fuck you.
>>
>>976213
It's the current year!
>>
>>976207
estate tax doesn't make any fucking sense and wasn't always around. no idea why it is a thing
>>
>>976207
you didn't earn shit and you don't support welfare faggot

if it were up to me, i'd go fullblown meritocracy and we'll see how fast you'd earn that 2.2 million
>>
File: bootywhitep.jpg (32KB, 500x642px) Image search: [Google]
bootywhitep.jpg
32KB, 500x642px
>>976207

The human condition:

some will suffer, some will win.

Welfare initiatives take some of the winnings away from the winners and give them to those that suffer.

Quit your fuckin crying bitch nigga.
>>
> what would happen if we privatized social services

Same thing that happens when we privatize everything else. The businesses would need to grow revenue and decrease operating costs.

Which is great if you're a car or tshirt company and terrible if you're a hospital/health network or prison.

OP I used to work for a social services agency. I'm in the private sector as a BI engineer now. But I worked for them during the big "Welfare to Work" paradigm shift when millions of non working non parents were thrown off welfare.

Feel free to ask me questions if you want.

The tl;dr version is that there's no such thing as "welfare" anymore, that what was known as "welfare" is only for parents now, that it's hard to get, hard to keep, and only lasts 5 years.
>>
>>976981
I've worked for the government too. What I saw when private contractors came in was total Twilight Zone. If it was done well and relatively cheaply before, it was a ludicrously expensive clusterfuck after. The only part of "cheap" in privatization is the quality of the good or service provided to the taxpayer. The companies bring in dangerously incompetent H1Bs and bill them out as if they were top tier Microsoft engineers. So they leave a smoldering crater in their wake that nobody will do anything about because they must save face. Plus, for Republicans, every time "government" fails, there's another opportunity for the private sector to destroy something else and make a killing in the process.
>>
>>977164
>Plus, for Republicans, every time "government" fails, there's another opportunity for the private sector to destroy something else and make a killing in the process.
Once everyone realizes this is the sole modus operandi of the modern GOP, we'll all be a lot better off
>Government is ruining America! By the way, vote for me for Congress!
>>
Lets try an experiment.

We declare a no government zone, put you and your fucking 2 million you think you deserve so much in it. However there are no government in that zone and you are not allowed to leave it or contact or trade with anyone on the outside. You can enjoy your 2 million in the brief life you will have to its fullest extend.
>>
>>977179
It's pretty amazing how well they can also pit the slightly less poor against the poor. People making shit like 35k/yr will constantly complain about high taxes and how lazy the poor are and how all government assistance needs to be demolished, while failing to realize the lower taxes they want to vote in actually fucks them over just as much. The rich have a great game
>>
>>976344
>supporting and bringing joy to his parents. A dog with a bottle of whiskey taped to him could to a better job. OP just came out of the lucky vagina
>>
>>977164
One of my family members works for government contractors. The only reason they got their current contract was because they massively undercut everyone else. The only reason they were able to afford undercutting everyone else was because they fired around 20% of their workforce (management was untouched, they only got rid of the people at the bottom) and told the rest of their workers to work harder for no additional pay or compensation.

That was a few months ago. Now they have a bunch of lawsuits coming in because they don't have enough workers to get the work done on time, so all the money they saved by firing their workers is going right down the toilet.

That's my vaguely related blog post I hope everyone enjoyed it.
>>
>taxed on an inheritance of only 2.2 million

But that's fucking wrong you fucking dumbass. You don't get taxed on an inheritance that small.
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 475x356px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 475x356px
>>976207
Most of welfare is worthless. The bottom 10% of earners work 10 hours a week on average, they're poor because they're lazy. Sadly the Marxist thought that "PEOPLE ARE POOR BCUZ OF THE SYSTEM" has crept into the mainstream. Did you know 11% of people in the bottom 5% of income will end up becoming rich by the time they retire? It was much higher when taxes were lower.
>>976214
>luck plays the biggest part
See above. Luck determines where you start, but that's about it. People who are lazy aren't inferior, but they are lazy and it should be fine to look down on them for it.
>>
>inheritances aren't taxable
>estate tax exemption is twice as large as OP's claimed inheritance.

OP is a liar, and 95% of you are stupid faggots for not knowing better.
>>
>>977228
> "most of welfare is worthless"

Nice sentence too bad it doesn't work.

Also it's wrong. There is no such thing as "welfare" anymore. Welfare was eliminated in 1996. Now it's just a buzzword, it's loosely defined slang meant to describe everything from TANF cash assistance (which used to be called welfare but was for everyone and now it's only for parents and only lasts 5 years and is just 2-3% of the federal budget), to student loans (which get paid back) to social security (which was paid for by employees).

Some of the right wing think tanks that post stats about "welfare" in the budget even consider veterans benefits as part of social services.

Which is funny because they're paid for by the defense budget. So technically they're calculating it twice.
>>
>>976241

i have no qualms with people on welfare and people who NEED it (i.e. born disabilities)
what i do have qualms with is this meaningless transferal of wealth which doesn't make anyone's lives better. the tax dollar you pay may go into welfare, but after it has gone through the bureaucratic hellhole that is the American government, I hardly believe it hits the poor with the strength of a full dollar. besides that, welfare is not a good system. why would you want to throw your money into a hole? you know food stamps are redeemable at mcdonalds? you know your government practically subsidizes single motherhood?

plus what's wrong with generational wealth you ass hat? generational wealth is what creates college educated workers and at its best promotes social responsibility (but definitely NOT when that responsibility is given to the government)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u1J6EEhkyM
>>
Look up the federal budget, and you'll see that, not counting social security, about 1/3 is spent on social programs, 1/3 on defense, and 1/3 on everything else the federal government does (FDA, DOE, etc.).

Also, you didn't "earn" that money. You happened to pop out of the right vagina. Even then, 1 million dollars is a massive head start and puts you in a position to accrue hefty sums of wealth over the next 20 years.

Social programs are important because it keeps poor people from being desperate. When people get desperate, they get violent, which is fun for nobody.
>>
>>977409
no social programs keep people poor by giving them a lowest common denominator quality of life and a generational dependence on welfare to subsidize a terrible culture of living

see black people
>>
>get 2 million free cash even though you did nothing to earn it

and yet you bitch about welfare, the hilarious irony
>>
i'm tired of this "didn't earn" rhetoric
of course he didn't earn it
that's not the point

well earning parents can do well the fuck whatever they want to do with their money after they die
generational wealth is a building block of better lives for pretty much everyone (hmmm why are black lives so generally economically shitty?). the government does not create generational wealth. it undermines it.
so you are all telling me the government is supposed to act as a bulldozer? to level the playing field? o boy wew lad mate

the point is the government has become this deep dark hole where we throw 1 days worth of wages a week now and now we are expected to give it most of our estate after we die. so what if we want to give our kids a better shot. assuming you used your talents to maintain or even earn your estate maybe, not a guarantee, but maybe those traits passed on to your children. who's to say they can't do something better with the cash. and why do you want to mitigate that effect by sending any fraction to a fucking life sucking, self-perpetuating, ineffective, self-fulfilling prophecy that is the current liberal american government as it is right now?
>>
ANYONE WHO POSTS IN THIS THREAD FROM THIS POINT FORWARD PLEASE ASK YOURSELF THIS QUESTION.

If you had children, would you want them to receive any of your wealth upon your death?
>>
>>976596
lol
>>
>>976606
>62.9%
>12.9% over half
>significant
>>
File: Tiny-Violin.jpg (8KB, 261x174px) Image search: [Google]
Tiny-Violin.jpg
8KB, 261x174px
Sooo saaad 4 U ...
>>
>>977421
I actually have wealth.

To answer your question, yes, but not all of it
>>
Look, I'm all for privatized healthcare, etc. and I think it's wrong to tax inheritance.

However, that does not mean all welfare is useless, and it does not give you a right to complain.
>>
>>977218
At least they cut staff, as stupid as that was. Plenty of companies just outright lie about the delivery. X-1 months into an X-month contract, they "suddenly" need more money or more time or whatever. Having sunk X months and $Y million into it, management almost always gives in to save face. And then near the end of that new deadline, they pull the same stunt, over and over, creating a perpetual contract for themselves. Private sector excellence and efficiency is the biggest crock this side of the Easter Bunny,
>>
>thinking trusts aren't subject to taxes in one way or another
>thinking federal estate taxes are the only applicable tax and not including state/county estate taxation

Seriously you guys.
>>
You have over a million dollars and your complaining about taxes. Why don't you just happy the dollar is strong as hell right now and take advantage of that by buying oil/ natural gas or something that's undervalued. I could turn you 1 million into 5 million in 5 years lets talk about that instead of the past..
>>
>>976684
photo 1: sociable knowledge workers

photo 2: literal commodities

sux to be born not-white / in shitistan
>>
>>976596
>No, of course not, you're right; what I was trying to say that, genetically, the majority of us are hard-wired to a similar enough degree to the extent that, given the opportunity, minus a few outliers, we are all capable of achieving the same things.
You need to retake biology. Us being 99% genetically equal doesn't mean that we are in any way on equal footing.

>'Theft' implies ownership.
I own the fruits of my labor.
> It can be argued that the concept of ownership shares a causal relation to inequality.
Meaning what, in non-gibberish?
> I'd say that theft is, in fact, very 'just'.
If your morals stop at "right of might", yes. In all other cases, no.
>>
Inheritance tax is the most retarded thing in existence.

Everything you get in life, you get from your parents. Everything. Why is it OK that you can inherit a cancer-causing gene from your parents and the government doesn't take that away. But when it comes to the money they worked hard for, the government has no problem taking that away.
>>
>>977228
This is such a simplistic view of a complex reality that all I can do is laugh.

>>977512
>I own the fruits of my labor.
In the context of modern Western society, and in some cases, sure. Though, I find it interesting that you'd use that as an argument in a thread about inheritance. So you own the fruits of your parents' labour? And their parents' labour? And their parents' parents labour? That distant aunt that you've never met? You own that too?
>Meaning what, in non-gibberish?
That, where individuals are allowed to own resources, land, and, hilariously, ideas, inequality is inevitable. Inequality (in terms of access to resources) is a construct that exists in the context of ownership. It's a state of mind. It's a spook within a spook.
>If your morals stop at "right of might", yes. In all other cases, no.
Ah, okay then, thank you for your wisdom, I'm sure you thoroughly considered every moral position before rejecting them as incompatible in this context.

Where inequality exists to the extent that you spend your childhood near starving, not because there are enough resources to go around, but because people who 'own' the resources refuse to provide you with access to the resources because it is 'theirs', which of the following acts do you suppose is more immoral and why?

>Taking access to the resources without consent so that you might continue to survive('theft')

>Refusing to acknowledge that withholding access to the resources results in the suffering of others
>>
What if the $2 million was used to buy a house or something and you inherited the house? How would that be taxed?
>>
>>976207
So you're a recipient of welfare complaining about welfare?
>>
>>976262
Why?

If it was withdrawn from the bank beforehand, or moved to an offshore account, you wouldnt have an issue.

You actually LIVE in your home country don't you? If so, than you have to read the fine print just like everyone else.
>>
>>976223
http://taxfoundation.org/article/estate-and-inheritance-taxes-around-world

"The U.S. has the fourth highest estate or inheritance tax rate in the OECD at 40 percent;the world’s highest rate, 55 percent, is in Japan, followed by South Korea (50 percent) and France (45 percent)."
>>
>>977571
>not mentioning the $5 million estate tax exemption
kill yourself faggot
>>
>>976207
This isn't even some grand sum of money in the scheme of things,
All some one has to do is own 1 small business to get there.
The grantors estate was probably quite small, and it seems they were not sophisticated enough to use basic trust laws to circumvent this inevitability. Leading me to believe they were merely high powered wage earners.

> food stamps at mcdonalds
holy shit I was about to reply lol nope, but its totally doable in some stores. the point is if you price it out by gram its one of the most expensive purchases you could make, worse if you count nutrient density. Calorie wise however at least according to freakonomics its some of the cheapest food available.

>>976684
There are 2 kinds of laziness. Laziness in action and Laziness in thought.
If you don't do the remuneration calculation up front. You're going to get screwed.
Sorting trash into recyclables is not a high leverage activities. Its limited by trash, and quality of trash. Decent Margin off shitty revenue is a bad play, every time.
>>
>>977642
>not sophisticated enough to use basic trust laws to circumvent this inevitability
Apparently you don't know that funding trusts uses the same estate tax exemption as gifts from your estate. You can't use trusts to pass wealth to your heirs in circumvention of the estate tax rules.

Before calling someone "not sophisticated" maybe you could get some basic financial knowledge? Or just leave the board.
>>
>>976241
>ancestors make all the right choices, sacrifices, work hard/smart for generation upon generation
>some low test loser starts bleating about luck instead of making sure his heirs will have it better
You curse your descendants with this loser shit, better just off urself m9
>>
File: 1445799715562.jpg (567KB, 2880x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1445799715562.jpg
567KB, 2880x1800px
>>977569
>The justification for a rule is the fact that it exists.

Just how fucking retarded are you?

His parents probably paid income taxes over it since it's a relative small amount. They then proceeded to pay capital gains taxes on the sum. When they died the state took half of it. And now every time this guy wants to buy something he has to pay VAT.

Let me give you an example with Dutch tax rates. Let's say I'm an auditor working for a big five company and I make 200.000EUR bruto.

The first thing that happens is that over the first 57.585 EUR I pay 23,094 in taxes. Over the rest, which is 142,415, is taxed at 52% which is 74,055. So my total income tax over 200,000 EUR was 97,150. Because of my high income, my health insurance becomes more expensive. I put the 102,850 in a savings account with the biggest bank in The Netherlands. This nets me 0.5% interest due to government monetary policy. HOWEVER, I have to pay 30% tax on a fictive rate of 4%. So in effect, I will lose 0.7% of my money in nominal terms PER YEAR. If you factor in inflation it becomes truly disgusting.

Now let's look at spending. Most items have 21% VAT with the exception of gasoline, cigarettes, coffee, soda and alcohol, which have additional taxes.

The average tax rate from labor to a product without additional taxes would be 57.5%, my marginal tax rate is 60,3%. But it does not end here.

1/2
>>
>>976207
You realize inheritance tax only kicks in above $2mil in the USA right - anything up to $2mm is tax free
>>
>>976207
>What would happen if we privatized social security, 401k, food stamps and medicare?
What would happen? See the DJI in 2009, 1929.
>>
>>976611
Fuck off Berniefag. A lot of top tier countries don't tax inheritance
>>
>>977726
Correcting myself - $5~ mil
>>
>>977730
Nigga you are stupid. One time crashes but overall are far above and continue to increase in value
>>
File: 1445620871167.jpg (23KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
1445620871167.jpg
23KB, 620x350px
>>977722
I made the glaring mistake to purchase an apartment in Amsterdam. This set me back 330,000. Each year I have the pleasure to pay 0.056% or 1,848 and some additional city taxes of around 500 EUR combined. Using the fictive rate over which I'm paying capital gains tax my apartment costs me 15,548 a year in total.

My neighbor's apartment is identical to mine. It is the same size and it's on the same floor. He refuses to work and collects benefits. As a result he can rent his apartment for 540 a month. Op top of his unemployment benefits, he also gets 203 a month to help him pay his rent. Which means that his costs for having the same apartment as me are 337 a month or 4,044 a year.

Now, I'm paying a marginal tax rate upwards of 60% so that people like my neighbor can live for next to nothing and complain all day that things should be more fair and more social and how I am such a greedy rich pig. I cannot wait until I get to leave this fucking shithole, two more years! I hope this country burns.

2/2
>>
>>977754
I think this right here is a good explanation as to why socialized care doesn't work in the long run. As long as there is somewhere else to go where you can see the benefits of your work, those who want to work will leave. Not like some Randian utopia or something stupid, but flight to quality is a real thing and it's a large part of why so many nations are shooting themselves in the foot. Socialized care is a real need for some, and a major drain for others. The trick is finding the right balance, and most governments go too far into the 'take care of the population because votes' realm.
>>
File: Bitcoinstothemoon.gif (499KB, 480x228px) Image search: [Google]
Bitcoinstothemoon.gif
499KB, 480x228px
>>976207
>mfw parents started feeding my bank account with $12k a year since birth so it wouldnt be taxed more

taxes on inheritance is almost as insane as taxes on property
>>
>>977411
It's funny how you complain about the "lowest denominator" yet compare everyone who gets assistance to the worst of the worst. I doubt that even the majority of blacks are on it permanently, if they are. In fact, looking at >>976606, they aren't, even if they they have the highest percent of recipients.
>>
>>977419
>generational wealth is a building block of better lives for pretty much everyone
As long as they have the same last name.
>>977430
>vast majority gets off it in a year
>no it doesn't count, its not vast enough
>>
File: gavin .jpg (44KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
gavin .jpg
44KB, 1280x720px
TL;DR - if you don't take a very serious approach to how to wisely invest this money, you WILL lose it all.

My friend works at Goldman Sachs and he said the safest way to invest that money is literally a Vanguard index. If you have an 8% annual return on $1 million, that's $80,000/year for doing NOTHING, for LIFE. That's enough money to literally do whatever the fuck you want for your career. Painter, geologist, radiologist, one of those fucking psychos who sits in a helicopter over the remote roadless lands of northeast Canada and shoots rare deer with a sniper rifle, whatever the fuck you want bro.

I would take a solid 2-3 months JUST learning about investing. Meet people who are finance experts (corporate professionals, day traders, college professors), read finance books, take some online finance courses via M.I.T. OpenCourseWare, gather as much information as possible before making a decision.
>>
File: born_to_feel.jpg (40KB, 500x632px) Image search: [Google]
born_to_feel.jpg
40KB, 500x632px
>>976361
I know, mayne. I know.

Feels weird.
>>
>>976207
I'm calling fake. Estate tax on inheritances only apply to inheritances over $5.4m (or an amount close to that, don't remember it exactly)
Thread posts: 110
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.