[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What car should I drive to be taken seriously? I buy most of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: RayRayMcA.jpg (183KB, 809x646px) Image search: [Google]
RayRayMcA.jpg
183KB, 809x646px
What car should I drive to be taken seriously? I buy most of my clothes from Nordstrom. I have the all new 2016 iPhone 6s Plus. I have my own business, but don't really make much money in comparison to the greats, but I'm getting there. I want a car that exudes class, but something that also exudes reliability and practicality. I've been think about the 2016 Honda Fit. Mark Zuckerberg (the CEO of Facebook) used to drive one, and he's a billionaire. I am a bit worried about meeting clients with such a vehicle, as they know I'm not a billionaire.
>>
>>974558
bmw 328i
nice but not flashy
>>
>>974558

Anything audi really. It's the yuppie car of choice and they have the classy yet practical appearance.
>>
>>974558
Chevy Silverado. I have no problems with my clients, on the contrary they all like it.
>>
Infiniti g37
>>
>>974558
This is a /bizness/ board, not a /conspicuousconsumption/ board
>>
What's your budget OP? Honda Fit is such a fucking horrible car. If you want to be taken seriously, you need to buy luxury, and that doesn't mean entry level luxury, it means, luxury level luxury.

Cars to look into will be Cadillac CTS, BMW 5 series, Audi A6, Lexus ES/GS, Toyota Avalon, Kia K900, Hyundai Genesis/Equus, Ford Taurus, Chevrolet Impala. These will all range from price between $35,000 - $55,000. The American cars will be the lower end, the German cars will be the higher end.

The German cars exude class, and exuberance, while the American cars are big, comfortable, and will not draw too much attention. The German cars will get you looked at more, the American cars will not be noticed. The Asian cars, are a hit or miss, Lexus will not be noticed, however the Avalon, Kia, and Hyundai's will be noticed.

These are all 2016 models I'm recommending, since they're full of technology, and come with good shit, in their base models. But you should not be going for base models, you should be one level up, or the high end.

Hopefully some of this info helps, if you're using your car for driving clients, you can claim some of it as a business expense (car, gas, insurance) etc, if its just personal, you can still say its for your business.

Good luck OP
>>
Pretty sure he's joking
>>
>>974702
>>
>>974558
It's not what you own, it's who you are.
>>
>>974558

BMW
Audi
Mercedes

these are your choices if you want to be looked at as the "classy professional"
>>
When I get rich I'm buying a Cadillac CTS-V or ATS-V. I've driven four Cadillacs in my life now and they're incredible luxury cars. Definitely flashy enough but not Lamborghini gaudy.
>>
>>974712
>Avalon, Kia, and Hyundai's will be noticed
While it might not be reasonable, people will always think that a German or other European car is nicer than an Asian car. I guarantee that a 5 series or an A6 will have 1000x more prestige than a fucking Toyota Avalon.
>>
File: Genesis img.jpg (175KB, 1140x643px) Image search: [Google]
Genesis img.jpg
175KB, 1140x643px
>>974839

Nah, because for the price of a base model 5 series, you can get a fully decked out Avalon, or Genesis/Equus, or K900, and those cars actually have a HUGE PRESENCE in real life when you're driving them.

My family owns a 2015 Genesis Sedan, and we always get comments on it, because it's badged with the Genesis badge, and not a Hyundai badge. We also own a 550i, and it looks exactly like a normal 528i even though that's a 4cyl and ours is an 8cyl.

Our Genesis is the V8 version, and it looks meaner than our 550i.
>>
>>974558
People take reliability and true craftsmanship seriously, buy a german bmw for that top kek
>>
I run my own business and I drive a fully optioned 2014 VW Tiguan. I could afford a more prestigious car, but I specifically chose this one for the image it creates. And fully optioned it's as comfortable as any other European SUV, just without the badge.

It's the perfect car for a sales call imo. It says you're doing well, but not too well. You must be selling a lot to afford a European car, but obviously at a good price because you're not driving something flashy.
>>
>>974558
2005 hyundai elantra
>>
>>974851
The Genesis is such a sexy car. I regret not test driving it. I also admire the Equus.

>>974558
2011 MB E350's my current ride. Solid ride, solid manufacturing, a pleasure to drive, affordable (as a Software Engineer, anyway), and plenty of compliments. Professional appearance. Women really like it as well.
>>
>>974712
>literally suggesting a hyundai or kia to people
dude that's fucked up
>>
>>974558
g/o/ t/o/ /o/

Also, to answer your question, just buy a Mercedes-Benz, Jaguar, or Lexus. Coupes only.
>>
My net worth is 25 million and I drive a 2003 PT cruiser

Nobody even gives a fuck
>>
>>974995
/thread

This is Mr Money Moustaches pic. Youre not successful, you just want to APPEAR successful and will therefore always be a poorfag.
>>
>>975644

ok

but u probably own like 3 special edition Bugatti's on display in ur living room

so that doesn't count :(
>>
>>974558
Consider the fact that people are stupid and it doesn't matter what car you drive.
>that guy drives a nice car which he got a high interest loan to pay for, what a guy.
Save your money now, invest it, start a business, etc.. Then in the future instead of taking out a loan to buy an average car you can buy a sports car in cash.
>>
>>975782

OP said he already has a business, but he needs a car to be taken seriously in, so he's already making money lol
>>
One thats owned free and clear.
>>
>implying the average person can even tell the difference between a nice car and a shit car if the paint jobs are the same

It's like watches, you can literally wear a $150 Orient watch and people will compliment it and say wow! And you can wear a $1000+ watch and no one will know that's how much it's worth.
>>
>>975804
It's exactly because it isn't the average person. OP is trying to appear reliable to his clients so he needs something for that image.

>>974558
I think you might need to specify your business before people can find a suitable recommendation. But I wouldn't know anything since I'm still in college.
>>
>>974558
>I buy the latest and expensive stuff
>some rich guy drives this car, if I do I'll look just as rich!

You'd look like a moron who follows fads to me.

Want to look "reliable" and "practical"? Get a classic car and not some piece of shit plastic-on-wheels.
>>
>>975837
>It's exactly because it isn't the average person. OP is trying to appear reliable to his clients so he needs something for that image.

Curious what kind of business OP has where he needs to look like a billionaire for.

If you're going to go for that "look", you need to have the full package. It most likely will look utterly retarded when his business is small or even medium scale and he's driving a car Dan Blizerian would drive.

If you really need to impress some clients but only rarely then you should just rent a Lamborghini or something.
>>
>All these people responding seriously

OP clarified who Mark Zuckerberg is for fuck sake. I guess the heady pursuit of money makes you blind to satire. Jesus Christ.
>>
>>975861
>>974722
>>974558
ITT: You realize almost no one understands satire
>>
>>974558
polaris slingshot
>>
>>974558
I like my Lincoln MKZ
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.