[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we Fix the Russian Economy? >The GDP growth is co

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1446536819449.jpg (44KB, 404x405px) Image search: [Google]
1446536819449.jpg
44KB, 404x405px
How do we Fix the Russian Economy?

>The GDP growth is consistently negative.
>The Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in Russia contracted 4.10 percent year-on-year in the third quarter of 2015, following 4.6 percent drop in the previous period and below market expectations.
>http://www.tradingeconomics.com/russia/gdp-growth-annual

>Russia has the highest heroin usage in the world, second only to Afghanistan who happens to be the lead producer or opiates, controlling 93% of the world' market.
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_prevalence_of_opiates_use

>Salaries shrinking regularly, despite inflation.
>Amid soaring inflation, the average monthly salary across Russia shrank to 31,200 rubles ($500) in January, Gazeta.ru reported Tuesday citing the Economic Development Ministry.

>Inflation is over 15%
>Consumer prices in Russia increased by 15.6 percent year-on-year in October of 2015, down from a 15.7 percent growth in the previous month.
>It was the second straight month the inflation decelerated, as cost of food, transportation and housing rose at a slower pace while clothing and footwear prices went up.
>http://www.tradingeconomics.com/russia/inflation-cpi

>1 million Russians officially living with HIV
>“It has not justified itself,” Pokrovsky said, noting that the official number of Russians with HIV has grown to some 930,000 people from around 500,000 in 2010.
>http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/may/15/russian-hiv-aids-epidemic-worsening-under-kremlin-policies-says-expert

>In 2012, the rate of teenage suicides in Russia was three times higher than the world average.[7]
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_in_Russia

>Russia has second worst suicide rate in the world
>http://themoscownews.com/society/20111011/189114308.html
>>
>>974462
We invest in Russian companies
>>
>>974463
Shouldn't we be shorting them?
>>
>>974462
Long nuclear missiles, short everything else.
>>
This is clearly a result of the oligarchs not having a big enough share of the economic pie.

I suggest they implement a negative corporate tax rate in order to improve capital flow to businesses.
>>
The fortunes of Russia goes up and down based upon the oil price.
>>
>>974477
I'm pretty sure they put all their money into the Army and dumb memes
>>
>>974462
>legalize heroin, tax its sale, use the tax profits to create education programs for heroin users and the youth to prevent them from getting into its use. Over a generation, the heroin use levels should drop, allowing a more productive economy. This will also help with the HIV problem - again, education, awareness, and treatment programs to remove this issue over time (or at least lower it).

No point addressing GDP growth, inflation, shrinking salaries - these are economic fluff in the end, the focus should be on improving your people's well-being and making your country a decent place to live, not on appeasing economic indicators which often mean very little in the grand scheme of things.
>regardless, might want to consider reigning in the inflation a touch, but still keeping it higher than other Euro countries, to encourage investment in the rouble. But to do that, they also need to show stability.

>Develop a secret anti-corruption taskforce, use it to gradually seek and destroy wealthy russians and perform hostile takovers of their wealth generating facilities. Improve the efficiency of these companies and increase the wages paid to employees, so that instead of the money going to a handful of very wealthy Russians it will go to many more.

>Start investing in better education, better infrastructure, change some of the prohibitive laws, make the country more 'Western' or liberal in general, pull all troops out of non-russian territory and instead use them to shore up unsafe russian borders eg. Chechnya, gradually start offering cheap education to the more intelligent military workers under the legal obligation that they will continue to work in Russia - thus allowing Russia to get more teachers, doctors, engineers, scientists and what not over the long term.

Really, if they solved their corruption problem and stopped wasting money on military expenses they would be able to shore up the economy quickly.
>>
I wonder if anyone from the first world knows what it feels like to remember the prices being almost three times as low when you were a child.
Fucking 10% inflation.
>>
>>974481
>This is clearly a result of the oligarchs not having a big enough share of the economic pie.
>I suggest they implement a negative corporate tax rate in order to improve capital flow to businesses.
kek. 10/10 anon.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (207KB, 1803x917px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
207KB, 1803x917px
>>975288
>I wonder if anyone from the first world knows what it feels like to remember the prices being almost three times as low when you were a child.
I do, specifically in housing. (see pic)

Basically Australians are forced to invest 9% of their income in retirement funds, which naturally invest in property since 'lel property always goes up'.
>>
well, cukks?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.