[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>23. >Graduated in Aug from a shitty CUNY school with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: fc,550x550,white.u1.jpg (39KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
fc,550x550,white.u1.jpg
39KB, 550x550px
>23.

>Graduated in Aug from a shitty CUNY school with a BS in Business Management & Finance.

>Looking for job on Meme Street.

>Got an internship at a company thats willing to sponsor me for series 7 and 63. ie. become a professional button pusher.

>If I pass then they will hire me for a measly $300 a week and then I need to press as many buttons as I can to make some real shekels.

>What I really want to do is be a trader or investment banker(inb4 top kek) as these fields are more long term and stable compared to a stock salesman. No stock broker knows what they are talking about besides looking at stocks on http://finance.yahoo.com/ .

I am networking pretty well but not a lot of leads on a potential trader/investment banking internship. What is there to do in my situation? I would like to use the company now for the "free" sponsorship and get the series 7 and 63 under my belt. However, I think in the long run it is a waste of time because this will only teach me how to be a salesman and not an expert in the market. Until my ends days I will be a button masher if I don't find anything now and that is not even a guarantee since I have yet to pass the 2 tests.

what do /biz/?
>>
You fucked up. Should have done STEM.
>>
>>973319
>trader or investment banker
>long term and stable

LOL.
You must not know the amount of competition and people burning out within a year. Less than 10% progress upwards.
>>
>You fucked up. Should have done STEM.

good memes

>You must not know the amount of competition and people burning out within a year. Less than 10% progress upwards.

all of wall street is shit at the end of the day. just traders and investment bankers are more high quality shit compared to brokers in my opinion.
>>
>>973816
>good memes

Not really a meme. STEM is a lot better, it's harder to get into and thus more well paid. As you said stock brokers literally don't know anything, and that's why they also don't get paid all that much.

STEM would help you start a business as well, you could start one of those popular meme biochem startups and make bank
>>
>>973319

you should've had a job lined up before graduating

fuck off cunt
>>
Move to Singapore and learn Chinese.
>>
Everything is competitive. Just gotta know a dude that knows a dude to get you into a cubicle, so that you can sit there and twiddle your thumbs and get a check at the end of the month.

Yes STEM is all together better and beneficial for the world. But at the end of the day, it all comes down to money.

Money=Wall St
>>
>you should've had a job lined up before graduating

Selling life insurance is not a job
>>
My idea was to sit at the internship and get sponsored. Then after a year or two I would transfer to the investment banking department and ask them to sponsor me again. Since the company I work for is part of a bigger company that deals with investment banking, I don't think it would be such a hassle for them to transfer me to another department which is literally 2 rows behind me.
>>
>Move to Singapore and learn Chinese

How about learning Hebrew and moving to Israel? or learning Arabic and moving to UAE?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.