[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If slavery was still legal, would you own one? Would it make

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: SlaveDanceand_Music.jpg (497KB, 1149x732px) Image search: [Google]
SlaveDanceand_Music.jpg
497KB, 1149x732px
If slavery was still legal, would you own one? Would it make financial sense to, considering you have to feed and house him/her?
>>
Yeah. I would own a few and make them work for my company for free. The $10/month in rice an beans per slave would be well worth it compared to employing a millennial for $15/hr.
>>
>>972248
Of course I would.

>Would it make financial sense to, considering you have to feed and house him/her

Even if it wasn't just for financial benefit, I'd keep them just for the entertainment.
>>
>>972250
What happens of your slave gets injured? You'd have to pay medical bills or lose your investment.
>>
I'd own a slave if that slave could read and do light manual labor. I'd be pretty hands off though. There'd just be a board where I assigned the slave things to do for that day while I did my own job.

Aka, day 1, till small garden. Day 2, plant seeds. day 3 mow lawn day 4 clean gutters day 5 maintain garden etc etc.

There really needs to be more hours in the day.
>>
>>972270
How are they going to get injured when they're just sitting down, in an air conditioned environment, filling pills?
>>
>Would it make financial sense to, considering you have to feed and house him/her?

>Cost of 12 hours minimum-wage labor: 12 hours * $7.25 = $87
>Cost of day's worth of rice, bread, and water: $3

Which one is cheaper?
>>
>>972273
Genetic disease? Suppose he develops diabetes.

Also, for the sake of argument, slaves aren't going to be dirt cheap. Like, $200,000 for an average man, more if he's more physically fit, less for one that's lower intelegence.
>>
>>972274
And your slave doesn't sleep? Can someone go and do a inflation exchange for how much a slave costs? Keep in mind these are west African slaves.
>>
>>972276
>Genetic disease?
then they die

>$200,000
yeah that's a deal breaker
>>
>>972279
They sleep on the ground.
>>
>>972279
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=inflation+adjusted+slave+price

$40,000
>>
>>972286
lmao. It might be worth it to buy 2 and just have them multiply.
>>
>>972297
Why didnt they do that in the old days?
slaves wouldve been hella cheap
>>
>>972301
Economics. It was cheaper to buy an adult than to raise a kid.
>>
>>972297
>>972301
That's precisely what they did after the slave trade was banned.
>>
this isn't our question to answer. if we owned land, could benefit from it, and it was socially acceptable, we would have. If steroids were legal and normal would you take them? Arnold did, because why wouldn't he?
>>
If I had the same personality I have now, I would probably have some slaves for cooking and cleaning, but I would keep them in humane conditions living under the same roof with me or outside in their own house.
>>
hell no. Slaves are not really economically viable for 99% of modern jobs.
>>972250
>10$ in rice and beans a month
no one lives off that, especially doing manual labor, and they sure are not going to be qualified for non Manuel labor. Also police force to keep them in check, slave handlers, etc

It really only works if you own tons of land to house them and have many of them so the economics of scale kick in for food and housing and Bosses. Except for sex slaves with have skeued economics, there is a reason no one owns slaves anymore expect north Korea prisons, which is a economic shit hole stuck in the 1600s
>>
>>972276

That is way over inflated. The average slave back then adjusted for today's inflation would cost anywhere from $10,000 to $50,000 depending on their age, sex, and skills.
>>
>>972248
But slavery is still legal, we're all suppressed by the invisible hand.

You're part of it too.
>>
>>972248
Only if it was a qt who cooked me breakfast & dinner.
>>
File: 0150.jpg (134KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
0150.jpg
134KB, 640x480px
>>972734
Had a discussion about this with a friend the other day.

Everyone is really.

Wage and salary slaves, sure, that's a given. But freelancers and small business owners are slaves to large clients. Larger businesses to their investors, to banks. Bankers to their executives. Executives to their boards. Everyone to the system, an abstraction which enslaves us all.

So stop fretting.

The only real freedom is to make an ubiquitous and perennially profitable brand out of yourself. And even then, it's a constant endeavor.
>>
>>972747
Then how do we change the system?
>>
>>972747
People like you have never had to seriously work like a slave. I recommend 24 months shipboard avionics, undes. To this day I'm shocked at how easy & carefree life is as a civilian.
>>
>>972755
The system doesn't simply change. We change ourselves and transcend the human nature driving the system, society changes the system (improbable), or the technological innovation transforms economic circumstance.
>>
>>972763
Military, at least in the states, is a voluntary decision, even if you're stuck for the duration of your contract once you opt in.

That's not to say real slavery doesn't exist (Mauritaria and India come to mind off the top of my head). But we're discussing a more abstract form of it.
>>
>>972765
Like robots that would work for us with almost no compensator.

Unless capitalism... Yeah, nevermind.
>>
>>972769
I meant compensation, stupid auto correct
>>
>>972248
Of course I would. Both for cheap labor and general small duties.

I would focus on treating them decently though. I've studied slaves for enough time to say that the thing that kept slaves to their masters was mostly the psychological aspect.
>>
>>972248
no, i don't want slaves that would make me upset.
im not accepting anyone that hasn't taken initiative. ill take friends, ill feed house him/her and it won't be for an exchange.

outside of this is proper employment and i like money, i think operating on money is most fun and enriching.
>>
What a nice world that would be.

>>972276
>suppose he develops diabetes
>implying I'd take him to the doctor instead of just setting him free and getting another slave
I guess this is why we don't have slaves??
>>
>>972683
>10$ in rice and beans a month
>no one lives off that
I ate rice for lunch for a year and a half straight. The cost was a few dollars a month. It would actually come out to less than $10 a month. I was employed at a warehouse at the time, doing manual labor.

Rice has a VERY high calorie per dollar ratio. It also can be fortified. Coupled with equally inexpensive beans, and you have a complete protein. A human would have no issue living off of that.
>>
>>972747

Does your abstraction decide exactly which job you have to take?
Does it whip you if you dont work hard enough?
Does it decide where you have to live?
>>
File: 1444708595213.jpg (423KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
1444708595213.jpg
423KB, 1200x800px
>>972248

If I had money yeah I most likely would. But I would take good care of them.

They would have a better life with me than in africa of AIDS
>>
Yes i would. If i could afford it.

I am not going to lie. I would have a sex slave. I would also have one for lawn work and maintenance, and one to cook.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.