[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think this can belong to /biz/ I've been using a particular

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: no idea.gif (1MB, 360x249px) Image search: [Google]
no idea.gif
1MB, 360x249px
I think this can belong to /biz/

I've been using a particular username since 2003-2004 all over the internet forums and there's this one guy who, for god knows what reason, decided to register a facebook account using the username in question back in 2011.

I've been thinking how likely would it be for me to sue this guy for a reasonably huge amount of money if I registered the username as a trademark and proved the court that I came up with it in 2003?

The guy is posting retarded /b/ style stuff on his Facebook profile continuously so I could claim it's hurting the image of my business.

It's a combination of letters and not a regular dictionary word, so that should work for my advantage.

I will probably ask the same question from a lawyer too if I'm considering it seriously, but I just wanted to ask here first. I don't want to waste money on a trademark registration unless I can be 70%+ sure it will be profitable.

Advice please?
>>
>amerifats problems.
just sue whatever moves, maybe you can get a penny out of it.

and seriously.
did u register the username in 2003?
if yes, why the hell would u do that?
if no then forget about your silly idea.
>>
>>971570
I still have accounts opened in different forums that are currently active and the account registration dates go back as far as 2003. I definitely could provide proof that it's my username. It's just not a trademark right now which is the only thing that matters.
>>
>>971569
I believe AND COULD BE WRONG that you would probably have to demonstrate that you have used this name to make money at some point. Then you could register and send him a cease and desist, but I doubt you could retroactively sue him.

Where's the biz lawyers at?
>>
>>971575
Yep, I've made money using this username.
>>
>>971569
>>971581
You can only sue him if you had it registered as a trademark before 2011.
>>
>>971592
Are you sure? So it wouldn't mean anything if I can prove I was using it before him?
>>
>>971592
is pretty much right.

>>971603
You can try, but you would need an expensive lawyer to succeed.
>>
HAHAHAH am I seein this for real. This is the most millenial autistic bullshit I ever seen.
>>
File: 1446478242023.jpg (35KB, 320x322px) Image search: [Google]
1446478242023.jpg
35KB, 320x322px
>>971608
>>
>>971569
Holy shit I could imagine this happening in any part of the world other than North America.

You would just be laughed at by anyone you told this to.
>I'm going to sue him because he used my handle on another website!
>>
>>971628
I don't think you comprehend the seriousness of this offence.

Sure, it's not a big deal for me, but imagine a semi-legit and successful businessman and then one day some brat is shitposting under his alias/business name. It's a big deal.
>>
>>971631
>but imagine a semi-legit and successful businessman and then one day some brat is shitposting under his alias/business name

I guess but what can you really do? I'm pretty sure it's not slander or anything unless he is pretending to be you/openly mocking you...

Idk senpai, doesn't really seem like much you can do
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.