[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ethereum is probably the future of money Right now you can buy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 9

File: image.jpg (432KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
432KB, 1920x1200px
Ethereum is probably the future of money

Right now you can buy 10 ETH for $10

If (IF) it does become future money, it could be worth about $500/ETH

If it doesn't you can sell them back for $10.

Why isn't everyone doing this?
>>
shit bro that's a good point. i did a quick google search, skimmed through the first link and the wiki, and then i remembered how i missed out on the bitcoin train.

not making that mistake again. i'm gonna pump a couple of grand into this shit and become a millionaire just by sitting on my ass!

thanks for the heads up man.

>mfw no-ethereum shitters go on suicide watch in a few years
>>
File: image.jpg (171KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
171KB, 640x1136px
>>971484
You are a smart guy mr trup
>>
Is this a meme?
>>
>>971481
DUDE PUMP & DUMP LMAO
>>
R3cev (25 member banking blockchain consortium) seems to be working towards integrating with ethereum rather than Bitcoin.
>>
Dumping 100€ on this, i hope i learn a lesson this cheap.
>>
because of people like >971497

bought 200 for me and my mates and im already having a profit
>>
do i still need a phd to create a fucking wallet? don't wanna store on an exchange and if it's anything more than installing a wallet then saving wallet.dat, i cbf.
>>
>>971606
https://www.myetherwallet.com
>>
>>971615
is this like a paper wallet? just gives me private and public keys? how do i then import/make use of them without spending a month installing skynet?
>>
>>971640
You can use the site to send and receive ETH. You can back up your wallet on paper. And download a copy to your PC if you wish.

Read the instructions on the site carefully and make sure you understand exactly what's happening.

It's exactly like oldskool Bitcoin paper wallets.

You can even make a brain wallet with this site.
>>
>>971640
You shouldn't need to use the CLI client that is mainly for developers.

Better to use something like myetherwallet for now and wait for the GUI browser to be released.
>>
Thoughts on the fact that the price tanked SO hard after release? Pretty much every person holding atm must be just aching to dump, no?
Seems precarious. Dunno about this.
>>
can someone explain how is it possible to buy ehtereum?
>>
>If it doesn't you can sell them back for $10.
There is no guarantee of this.

I personally have a small stake in Augur, a prediction market based on the ethereum network. I don't have high expectations that Augur will succeed, but if it does I should make a nice return. If it fails I'll have lost my entire investment.
>>
>>971715
just buy btc, then make an account on a crypto exchange like poloniex, transfer btc to your poloniex account and set a buy order for ETH.

i think i'm gonna give it another month personally. might chuck a tenner at it or something, but cryptos are so unpredictable, can't make up my mind atm whether i should spend more.
>>
>>971715
>>971740
Or just join Kraken and buy str8 away with $ or euros
>>
>24hr Change
>-5.93%
yeah nah fuck this. i'm setting a buy order when my btc lands, but it's gonna be at ~150k satos.
>>
File: image.jpg (65KB, 815x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65KB, 815x640px
>>972693
It's just volatility dude. Don't shit your pants.
>>
>>971481
>Ethereum is probably the future of money

You didn't explain anything.

WHY is it the future of money? What seperates it from all the other cryptocurrency?
>>
>>971481
>>971484
>>971577
>>971604
Such an obvious fucking samefag.

No one spends $100+ on some random imaginary coin just because some guy makes a thread saying "This is going to be the future of money, buy it now".
>>
>>972776
Do you know how id's work?
>>
>>972835
It's not difficult to post with different IPs.

Out of the first 5 posts 3 people post "Thanks op! You saying Buy this memecoin with no supporting information convinced me". Like wtf?

No one is going to buy this shit, you didn't even explain what separates it from every other coin... "The future of money", yeah I heard that about PND, Doge, all the previous PND versions shilled on biz, ripple, and everything else.
>>
Thanks OP! Just bought $200 worth, can't wait until we're rich! Is there an irc?
>>
>>972772
This

Fun fact: the future of money is money. Which y'all will have less of if you "invest" in this
>>
>>971481
"The future of money" this to me, shows you don't know what you're talking about. You do realize that Ethereum is a logic system for building decentralized applications, right? It's basically a tool for representing extremely complex, enforceable relationships between arbitrary entities -without- depending on third-party trust. So in other words: its for building smart contracts that aren't malleable / broken like Bitcoin-style smart contracts.

I'm sure you haven't got a fucking clue what a smart contract is either.
>>
>>972871
Ethereum is all of that.

I'm talking about the ether currency unit.
>>
>>971481
Dude is ethereum like Bitcoin? Sounds sweet. Bitcoin is the future of money too. I think it's going to be like ethereum is the pennies and Bitcoin is the nickels because Bitcoin has first mover advantage. That way people can have Bitcoin to buy meth and ethereum to buy mollies.
>>
File: taytaymaymay.gif (2MB, 500x251px) Image search: [Google]
taytaymaymay.gif
2MB, 500x251px
>>973027
oh you. lol. be nice. anon. i suspect op is shilling because he bought early, but ETH isn't totally worthless.
>>
>>972776
no just a hivemind bro and im laughing at your acusations...
>>
>>973161
A hivemind of retards? Yeah you're right.
>>
>>973171
Ethereum is the dankest crypto how can you say you don't like it?
>>
>>973188
No one has told me what is good about it.I asked earlier in the thread but no reply.

What can I buy with this cryptocurrency and what makes it different?
>>
>>973195
Hello anyone?

Can someone please explain this
>>
>>973195
It solves a lot of problems that Bitcoin has.

It's easy to program with.

The possibilities are endless.
>>
>>973212
What can I buy with it?

What problems does it solve? That's literally the exact same thing that was said about PND, ripple and everything else.
>>
>>973217

It's a platform for distributed applications.

It's like saying what can you buy with android. Ether is just the fuel you need to do operations on the Ethereum virtual machine.
>>
>>973230
Isn't it suppose to be a currency?

If there's nothing I can buy with it then it's not a very good currency, is it?
>>
>>972835
there is a browser addon that will change your IP, and with that your 4chan ID but I'm sure you know all that.
that is way too obvious, and i'm gonna be avoiding anything ethercoinshit related because of your shitty shilling
>>
>>973195
It's good because Bitcoin, bro. Everyone loves Bitcoin and Ethereum is like that, only not so much. Remember when Bitcoin went moon years ago? Now Eth goes moon.
>>
>>973212
basically
"revolutionary"
"simple"
"the possibilities are endless" im pretty sure you just took this one straight from apple ad lol
>>
>>973247
why are you so angry bro? are you the 'five reasons' guy? how much did you lose in 2013...?
>>
>>973256
>still no answer on what to buy with this future of money, what makes it special or promising

You guys are really going to need to think of better shilling if you want to pump and dump this to previous coin levels.
>>
>>973260
mate i own none and as i said earlier, i'm not buying until the price at least halves. i expect it'll at some point thereafter tank even harder and i do not recommend that anyone buys, because as you and i both know, almost all cryptos are absolute bullshit and regardless of their perceived potential, we've learned a thing or two from myspace. this crypto probably is shit too and it'll perhaps die like the rest, but who knows which will prevail. you certainly don't.
i know you though. i recognise your tone, we've been arguing for a while.
why the rage? why do you hate cryptos SO much?
one way or another, one or two of them are going to be huge. who knows which, but why not take a gamble on the currently respected tech and maybe stand a chance of making some serious money?

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/oct/29/bitcoin-forgotten-currency-norway-oslo-home
>>
>>973278
I'll still be here on /biz/ when it's worthless once again, as with all other coins.
>>
>>973260
>still no answer
alright look, the rather embarrassing truth is this.
I DON'T FUCKING KNOW. I CANNOT GET MY HEAD AROUND IT.
however, that polo trollbox is filled with people much smarter than myself, people who dedicate their lives to this stuff, and they're extremely into it.
i don't know mate. i've read the blarb, still no fucking idea what the hell ETH is, but the hype is big, i didn't unlike many come to /biz/ from /g/ and i simply don't understand it. as far as i can tell it's some kind of software dev platform by which ethereum allows people to 'invest' in future software.
i don't fucking know. who cares. i just want to make some money. which incidentally i have from... off the top of my head, over 50 of these crypto things.
here, read this. maybe itll make more sense to you than it does to me.
https://www.ethereum.org/

whether it makes sense or not, the hype is huge and with cryptos, that's all it takes for there to be crazy volatility and frankly, easy fucking money.

chill bro. let 2013 go. i could have had £350,000 if i hadn't spent all my coins in 2012. can't say i'm terribly chuffed about my fuckup, but i'm not gonna spend the rest of my life buttockflustered like you. instead imma buy more, sell the majority during one of the many insanely common peaks, then store the rest 'just incase'. i think you should too.
>>
>>973296
I'll stick with bitcoin, ltc and USD. Thanks.

Good luck with your penny stocks though. Because this is no different.
>>
>>973278

lol there was a guy in my city who mined like 4k bitcoin or 4 million worth (i forget) back in like 2010 and forgot about them and threw his laptop out only to remember a month later after he saw bitcoin in the news

I bought 3.5 bitcoin and 285 eth and 20 litecoins recently and im just gonna bank em for the next 15 years

I have a firm belief they're going to be worth a fuck load more than they are now in a few years, bitcoin in particular.

I don't care about eth or litecoin because its only like $300 worth but better to be safe than sorry, i'm happy to take a 100% loss knowing there's a decent they could be worth 10,000% more in a decade.
>>
File: lennon.jpg (5KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
lennon.jpg
5KB, 259x194px
>>973304
>I'll stick with bitcoin, ltc
pretty good choices desu. i can respect that. i hold them too. albeit alongside 104 others, most of which i earned daytrading coins like ETH.
peace out angryanon. i'll give you a wave from my ferrari, or wash yours if i was wrong. either way, stop being so abrasive in every damn crypro thread and one day i'd love to shake your hand.
>>973308
>lol there was a guy in my city who mined like 4k bitcoin or 4 million worth
ooft. poor motherfucker. i have so many feels for dudes like this...
http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/nov/27/hard-drive-bitcoin-landfill-site
and yeah man i agree. i sell most of my holdings using limit orders at silly prices (which are almost always fucking realised, as insane as it seems, vive la volatility) but i always keep a lil' stash of most coins just incase, yaknow?
>i'm happy to take a 100% loss knowing there's a decent they could be worth 10,000% more in a decade.
my man. we're on the same page.

good luck all.
>>
>>973313
>i'll give you a wave from my ferrari, or wash yours if i was wrong. either way, stop being so abrasive in every damn crypro thread

The point is that they're pennystocks.

Yes some cryptocurrencies go up a lot, but there is no way to predict that. Just like pennystocks... KBIO went up like 400% in 3 days, yeah I could've been a millionaire if I dumped all my money into a random stock at the right time and sold at the very peak, but that's completely random and unpredictable.
>>
>>973316
>I could've been a millionaire if I dumped all my money
whereas with cryptos, 27 euros is all it takes. 400%? psh.
again...
http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/oct/29/bitcoin-forgotten-currency-norway-oslo-home
>>
>>973318
>whereas with cryptos, 27 euros is all it takes. 400%? psh

Same with random penny stocks. Sometimes they got from .20 cents a share to $20, but it's impossible to predict, although it happens every single day.
>>
Okay.... since /biz/ has started there have been countless threads on Ethereum, and not one fucking person has listed the only reason to invest in them: CONNECTIONS, FAGGOT. ALL OF THEIR EMPLOYEES ARE EXTREMELY KNOWN IN THE TOP BITCOIN CIRCLES AND IF ANY ALTCOIN GETS SUCCESSFUL, IT'LL BE THEM BECAUSE THEY MEET AND DISCUSS THE FUTURE WITH BIG BANKS ON THE MONTHLY

THEY POST THIS PUBLICLY BUT NOBODY FUCKING NOTICES IT
>>
What companies have sprung up around the ethereum network? Ethereum will be useless until someone figures out how to commercialize it.
>>
>Ethereum will be useless until someone figures out how to commercialize it.

This. How do I cash out once it peaks?
>>
>>973435
There will be no "peak" with ETH. The dapp ecosystem will constantly demand ETH.

Price will depend upon the utility of the network.
>>
>>972776
I would
>>
Protip: You can do everything that Ethereum can do with Bitcoin-style smart contracts by manipulating trust relationships of external resources.

Trust /biz/ to fall right on this hype train. Ether is actually a huge joke amongst Bitcoin professionals ... It wasn't even the first coin designed around smart contracts.
>>
>>973573
Bitcoin is shipwrecked and you know it.
>>
>>972693
Chill retard, it's a crypto. All cryptos have crazy volatility.

If you think it's going to tank, short it, don't puss out.
>>
>>972776
I spent $6000 on bitcoin when it was ~$30. Still have 80% of them.

You act like people don't gamble on penny stocks.

But I agree with the anons saying that this sounds like a pump.
>>
>>973596

How does one predict the crazy shit markets do? I mean nobody saw bitcoin booming like it did.
>>
>>973626
Look at the fundamentals.
>>
>>973580
Actually there's still millions following into blockchain startups
>>
>>974070
So they claim
>>
>>973626
Price action/technical analysis will tell you what market participants are doing and how they are moving the market.
>>
>>974074
Rpietilla is one of the biggest kunts in crypto. He's backing monero and has personally pumped that shitcoin.

If you buy monero you are just giving money to that multimillionaire.

Here's some info about moneros code that some may find interesting
http://da-data.blogspot.nl/2014/08/minting-money-with-monero-and-cpu.html?m=1
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 503x272px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 503x272px
>>974090
>pic related mr. Risto Pietila chief monero scammer
>>
wheres the best place to learn about crypto currencies

i really want to invest but dont know where to start
>>
>>974073
I swear you people are going to keep denying the potential of Bitcoin and crypto-finance right up until the point where your banks are stuffing it down your dumb ass mouths and calling it "instant bank transfers" but given that this may have already happened I honestly don't know what else to say.

What I will say is it's getting to the point where I could probably make millions just off of doing the opposite of what every retard on /biz/ suggests. As an experienced investor and former entrepreneur: I find this place laughable at times ... although this is 4chan so I don't know what I expected. Half the posters here probably don't even know bout' my byzantine's generals which is frankly disgusting.

Please don't respond to this post because I am overwhelmed by butthurt you're gettin' slapped lad.
>>
>>974669
the only fucking reason im in these forums is I remember people years ago in /b/ and /pol/ were spamming So why didn't you buy bitcoin?

It was 4$- then 7$ then they disappeared.

In all honestly it's not even a big investment to begin with I minus well put some in there.

Im aware this could be a Fud or shilling thread.
>>
>>973420
Also this.
>>
>>973313
you sound like your from bitcoin talk
>>
>>973318
ok bob surplus
>>
>>974669
>Thinks that established banks will really use Bitcoin as a foundation for their ledgers when the majority of Bitcoin wealth sits in the wallets of a few hundred neckbeards
If they see ANY potential in cryptocurrency at all they will just create their own protocol since it is open source and non-proprietary. If this happens it will sit under a central authority so they can control it. Anyone who implies there will ever be a link with Bitcoin itself and large banking institutions is a faggot who doesn't understand basic finance.
>>
>>971481
from my pov it may well be the facebook to btc's myspace (it fills in the utilitarian gap that btc leaves)

however, I'm not seeing adoption like I would have hoped, I think the current average price to produce is like 80 cents a pop? so were just over break even, I kinda want to see if it can bubble up to 3 bucks again before I dip in.
>>
>>971481
oh, also big difference between this and btc (which encourages actual use and not hoarding but kind of shits on your idea of easy riches)

There is no maximum. 60,102,216 ethers were created during the sale, plus 2x pools of 9.9% each. 26% of 60,102,216 will be created through mining every year. This means that 15,626,576 will be created every year on top of the 60m and the two pools.

After a while, 15,626,576 ether won't represent much of the total ether available, making the system dis-inflationary (i.e., inflation perpetually trending towards 0 but never reaching it).
>>
File: image.jpg (113KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113KB, 600x600px
>>974949
So you want to be 3 times poorer than you would have otherwise been...ok
>>
File: 053ca482887a2f733.gif (2MB, 300x196px) Image search: [Google]
053ca482887a2f733.gif
2MB, 300x196px
>>973573
>Bitcoin professionals
>>
>>971481
Trading 0.250 grams of BitGold for a negotiable amount of Ethereum.
>>
>>971481
I don't even get it anymore somehow I think this post is just using reverse psychology.

Sigh no risk no reward, /biz/ do whatever you want
>>
>>975223
Good luck
>>
Yea dude you do realize the IRS doesn't let you sell that shyt without paying taxes right. And your spose to tell them about every transaction in detail, plus your not going to make shit off of etherium unless the bitcoin blockchain fails and people dont trust litecoins or dogecoins either. So its not the place to invest IMO unless you live in Chile or China where the gov doesnt get involved and you can daytrade/ invest without fear. If you insist on not getting missing the next possible bitcoin train then keep some money in your bank ready to buy bitcoins when you hear the big news. Bitcoins aren't going to just come back for no reason, they will only make a comeback if the banks decide to print trillions/ paper currencies start to fail/ the dollar loses world reserve status/ or something major like that but it's obvious that people are happy with the dollars at least for a while yet.
>>
>>974918
>If they see ANY potential in cryptocurrency at all they will just create their own protocol since it is open source and non-proprietary. If this happens it will sit under a central authority so they can control it.

That might be true, but will people really use it when bitcoin exists?
>>
>>975458
Its obvious from what you wrote that you dont have a clue about anything.
>>
>>975589
>s
You motherfuck, how dare you insult me. I've been around the ChiKuN longer than anyone. I know it's fucking dead until further notice. And the IRS will fuck your ass if you sell your coins for dollars. Have you ever sold a fucking Litecoin? Did you make $30,000 in 2 days with Dogecoins like me? DID YOU LOSE YOUR FUCKING MIND AND HAVE YOUR BEST FRIEND RUN AWAY WITH $60,000 OF YOUR LITECOINS WHEN THE PRICE WENT TO $50 OVERNIGHT LIKE ME?? NO, so just pretend you went to the fucking moon when you didn't!
>>
Why don't you make a Trump Coin pump and dump or something and actually make a couple hundred bucks instead of buying into some crap like ethereum is all I'm saying alright..
>>
3 quotes from IRS.gov
"A payment made using virtual currency is subject to information reporting."
"Taxpayers may be subject to penalties for failure to comply with tax laws."
"In general, the sale or exchange virtual currency has tax consequences that may result in a tax liability."

"FinCEN’s March 18, 2013 guidance defined the circumstances under which virtual currency users could be categorized as money services businesses (also commonly known as money transmitting businesses or MTBs). MTBs must enforce Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Know Your Client (KYC) measures, identifying the people that they’re doing business with."

See your the one that doesn't have know what the reality is of the situation! You CAN'T invest in Bitcoins if you live in the USA. PERIOD!!! The IRS makes it IMPOSSIBLE to comply!!
>>
The US Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CTFC), which looks after financial derivatives, hasn’t announced regulation yet, but has made it clear that it could if it wanted to.

MINERS:
According to the FinCEN guidance, people creating bitcoins and exchanging them for fiat currency are not safe.

FinCEN: “By contrast, a person that creates units of convertible virtual currency and sells those units to another person for real currency or its equivalent is engaged in transmission to another location and is a money transmitter.”

Miners seem to fall into this category, which could theoretically make them liable for MTB classification.
>>
>>975567
Obviously. Everyone already uses banks over Bitcoin, save a few hundred thousand Bitcoin fanatics (most of which have some Bitcoin either out of novelty or MOON, not because they actually use it on a daily basis). Even the majority of people that do have Bitcoin, also have bank accounts. It would be a smooth and easy transition for banks to create a blockchain-like technology and then transfer the ledgers over from whatever legacy system they use. I doubt most people would realize that it happened except that inter-bank transactions would be instantaneous. Granted, some libertarians will be up in arms and will stick with Bitcoin because "muh anonymity" and "muh freedomz" but the general public will carry on as normal.
>>
>>971481

best vaporware scamcoin ever
>>
>>974090
Thanks for the link man. Very interesting.
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.