[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Video games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Xbox-One-CoD10.jpg (157KB, 2028x1354px) Image search: [Google]
Xbox-One-CoD10.jpg
157KB, 2028x1354px
What's the viability of starting a business selling video games? Like an actual store with racks and such? Would it be futile with a company like Gamestop and websites like Amazon out there?
>>
>>971153
don't touch it, its a dead plague rat of a biz
>>
Yes, because they buy millions of copies for really low prices, no company is gonna sell you 10 copies for the same price

now if you've got 10 billion dollars laying around, and want to open up a bunch of fucking stores all over the country or the world, and can get a bunch of people together that are famous, then yes, it can be extremely lucrative
>>
>>971163
It just seems basically monopolized for such a profitable medium. Is there really no way to make money off of em besides making them?
>>
>>971168
invest in the companies, best way EA and activision-blizzard
>>
>>971173
>>971168

Yeah, invest in the companies themselves, OR come up with some ideas, and pitch the ideas to the company, and maybe you might get lucky

I mean, games are pretty horrible nowadays, so it's probably not that hard
>>
dying industry

steam changed the game
>>
>>971173
With the flack they've been receiving lately I'm not so sure. Then again the people that rip on them are PC gamers and we all know that they are the minority.
>>
>>971178
ea up 350% in 5yr, even tho its down 4.75% today lol
>>
Not viable anymore. Every new console allows you to buy new games online. Old consoles can be emulated and the games can be pirated.
>>
>>971176
This. Everything is going digital.
>>
>>971153
Why would one buy Videogames for marked up prices when Steam exists, with regular deeply discounted prices AND you can pirate single player games?

Come on man use your head... Every video store is closing, there's a good reason why.
>>
>>971156
Pretty much any B&M store is dead. Rent is the real killer. No matter where you set up, some Jewish taker is going to demand close to five figures (or more) per month just for rent before you make a single cent. You can't grow a small low margin business with overhead like that. It's a real catch 22; you need tons of money to start a business to make money and if you already had the money why would you even start a business in the first place?

Source: I tried to start a toys/games business and never even got to the B&M stage. Why? Because I worked out how many Batmen I'd have to sell and how fucked I'd be if it didn't work out after I ran out of money. I really believe that the only reason many stores open is that people get approved for that SBA loan and decide not to think about it until it starts coming due.
>>
>>971153
Do it as a one man operation. No store, no employees, just you buying and selling games. Opening a game store will require:
1. Lots of money
2.Lots of games

once you have those, sell the games and use all the money to invest in another venture because unless you live in a town of over 500,000 and you have ZERO video game options in town you'll be shit outta luck charlie.
Your competition will be other ''collectors'', collectors, resellers, Gamestop, other small game stores, and retail stores.
Like this anon said >>971286, rent will be the big factor, you'll have to at a minimum make your rent before you can even start talking about profits, oh and those profits you'll probably not be able to enjoy since you'll have to be buying inventory all the time to make more profit and expand your inventory and pay the rent/employees.

Just become a regular reseller, not just video games but anything else you find too.
>>
>>971320
Plus...games, like movies, is a market that rewards poorfag customers who drag their feet with lower prices. That hot new release you buy at $50 and expect to sell for $60? Better do it FAST because inside of 6 months it'll either be half off everywhere or have a PlayersChoice/PlatinumSeller/SpecialEdition reissue for $30.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.