[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't you investing in driverless car companies /biz/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

Driverless cars are the future, they will reduce car accidents to near 0 and speed limits can be increased as the human error factor is taken out. This will increase efficiency in both domestic car use and the freight industry; which within the next 20 years will be revolutionised. Trucks will be able to run 24/7 decreasing shipment time and potentially saving consumers and companies billions. Companies to keep an eye on: Alphabet (Google has a head start in this field with at least 6 patents pending already), Tesla and Mercedes.

Tl;dr why are you not investing in an industry that has the potential to make billions?
>>
Because acme driverless cars isn't a fucking company yet, and it is totally unclear what companies will end up taking a leading role. I agree that the general idea that self driving tech is going to be huge, but its all over.

Do I invest in GM? Or freightlinger? Or walmart? Or a chip maker? Which one ( several are racing for the self driving car standard)

The list goes on and on. Self driving will be huge, but sp many players right now and some of the are going to work out and some not.

Personally in the shorter term I'm going with walmart. Thier plans for development and revenue are the furthest along and most realistic in the short or medium turn.

Too bad I don't really dig on individual stocks.
>>
>>970411
I agree to some extent. There is uncertainty into which company will be the driving force behind this industry but there are some that have a clean advantage and have already built prototypes/have patents related to the industry. Google's Alphabet for example has the might of a global mapping system behind it with their Google maps, not to mention the fact that it has substantial funding to pursue this path. I'm not saying it's a foolproof plan of action but I recognise the significance that it will have to the world (potentially as big as the internet) and I am willing to take that risk to invest in companies such as this.
>>
>>970404
Until questions like ownership and liability are answered properly I'd avoid.
You have to look at the human nature side of things.

For examples:
People like to own a car it's a status item, with the Google car who owns it? Do you lease it from them, do you call one up like a taxi and it arrives at your home, work, wherever? Is it yours to exclusively use or will niggers fuck in them?

Also if there is an accident who is liable? The driver? How will insurance work?

All this needs to be worked out a little more to be a safer investment for the public- the first time one of these kills someone the compensation claim will be huge
>google killed muh boy
>>
>>970411
the point that the company isn't yet created is that the smart money is currently creating that very company.

>not even understanding the implication of "smart money"
>>
>>970833
>niggers will fuck in them

I never thought of this, they fucking will too.
>>
Yeah brah you think the Amtrack is bad
>>
Driverless trucks are very far away. How will they deal in ice? Or rough, hilly terrain?
>>
>>971194
for now, driverless will be in controlled locations only

like moving trailers around a yard (called 'hostling')

that's still a big deal. kill a few driver jobs, have 24/7 uptime at your warehouse or wherever
>>
>>970404
>not investing in an industry that has the potential to make billions
every industry has the potential to make billions
>>
>>970404
none of that will matter when everyone is broke because human jobs are outsourced to automatons and other shit like this
>>
>>971327
>having a shit-tier job
If your job can literally be done by a computer then I see no problem in automating the process.
>>
>>971277
Not exactly, it is almost undeniable that driverless cars will shape our future.
>>
>>971194
They are really much closer than you think, multiple companies have created prototypes that work on public roads already. Google made their first working driverless car a couple of years back. I expect we will see them being used domestically for consumers within the next 10 years. The trucking industry will probably take off in around 20 years as it will take time for the public to trust a computer to operate a 25 tonne vehicle (as well as appropriate failsafes and testing).
>>
>>971353
Yes but how do we stop niggers ducking in the driverless cars if they're like taxis?
After a hard days work I don't want to even face the door to door nigger spooge delivery van, or worse yet have to fight some homeless guy sleeping in one.
Commercial vehicles actually make more sense and I think will happen faster because they're private not public.
I remember seeing on /n/ once a breakdown of costs for the subway and a huge percentage was maintenance aka cleaning because the public are just filthy animals
>>
>>970404
Liability and concerns when accidents DO happen.
The company will inevitably take the hardest hits when lawsuits start happening.
>>
Mobileye (MBLY) is a company that developed dash cameras that recognize objects in front of the car and distances. They will be a key factor in driverless technology.
>>
>>971358
Yeah I am talking solely about driverless cars for personal use, I too wouldn't like to use a public one. However I don't use public transport at all for this reason, I can imagine a driverless car service to operate for poorfags. Or something like driverless busses that operate 24/7, it would be a cheaper alternative to just buying one outright. I would also expect some sort of CCTV/identification system to be in place to stop that sort of thing happening desu.
>>
>>970404
I feel like these "in 20 years this will be amazing" things never take off. Most of the amazing technology we have wasn't a meme on the time's click bait. Just look at past visions of the future and how silly they are.
>>
>>971194
there are fleets of driverless trucks already on the road in japan
literal fleets
>>
>>970404
automated cars are too-busy rear-ending each other atm
>>
>>971342
so what happens when a great % of the worlds population is broke because the shit-tier jobs they had have been outsourced? enjoy your plummeting stock prices faggot
>>
>>970404
implying driverless cars arent pleb-only

>world is full of plebs

just
>>
>>970404
There are going to be so many rapist taxi drivers with way too much time on their hands in future
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.