[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I owe $60,000 in student loan debt. I haven't made a payment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Popcorn-guy.jpg (58KB, 700x511px) Image search: [Google]
Popcorn-guy.jpg
58KB, 700x511px
I owe $60,000 in student loan debt. I haven't made a payment in over a year and they haven't done anything to me. If they did try to collect I couldn't even pay it as I'm a NEET who lives at my parents house lol. Seriously, what can they do at this stage?
>>
>>970285
What did you get your degree in?
>>
If federal get on IBR. Then at least your payment will be 0$ per month and in 20 years you will owe nothing.

What they can do to you. Is wage and tax ganishments.
>>
>>970285
>Seriously, what can they do at this stage?
Prevent you from borrowing any money from basically anyone due to your terrible credit score. They can also place liens on any assets you own but doesn't sound like you have any.

If you stay a poor NEET forever, there isn't much they can do. Should you ever start making money though there's a decent chance they're going to get a big piece of it and the law is on their side.
>>
>>970325
this, enjoy that neet status forever
and things dont get better after mommy and daddy die
>>
You're an idiot who didn't bother to learn his rights and recourse.

You probably have income based repayment on most of these, as well as hardship recourse. And bankruptcy is an option where they'll significantly reduce your payment due, and in rare cases dismiss it entirely.

You jumped on the hamster wheel, but are just not running. Living the cash only life sucks.
But if you're calling them and telling them that you can't pay shit and they acquiesce you're gold.
You think you're the first person to think this up. They've got whole divisions of people to deal with you.
People who don't pay their debts are scum. but people who didn't understand how to address any issues if they came up are worse.

Get some balls, make some calls and ask what you can and should do from the people you borrowed 60k$ from and promised to pay back but didn't.
>>
>>970417
are you chinese?
>>
Lmao you're in the US right?

In the Netherlands they won't do anything as it is income based. The Dutch / German systems are best for studying as it promotes self development without getting in debt to assholes who want 6-7% interest a year. Student debt over here was 1% interest a year and it can't be counted as debt when buying a house.
>>
>>970424
>Student debt over here was 1% interest a year and it can't be counted as debt when buying a house.

>it can't be counted as debt when buying a house.

max kek
>>
>>970427
What I mean is that if you buy a house and want a mortgage, the bank can't take into account student debt that you have to make tougher regulations.

It is very good otherwise you get people with a bsc unable to buy a house when they're 35.
>>
>>970435
How much student debt can people with a bsc get into so that they cant pay off student debt in 10 years ?
>>
>>970420
Yes
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.