[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my mom made a 35% gain in her mutual fund with these guys

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: a.jpg (78KB, 1400x337px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
78KB, 1400x337px
So my mom made a 35% gain in her mutual fund with these guys over the last 15 months. Should I jump in?
>>
>>969504
Ugh.... i don't know where to begin. short answer is no.
>>
>>969504
You and your mom have different time horizons and rate of return goals. you have to find the lowest risk possible to meet YOUR goal
>>
NWM is trash. Get Vanguard or get an adviser who has access to DFA (dimensional) funds.
>>
>>969551
a solution when you don't know the problem is always the best advise
>>
>>969551
and a mutual fund advisor lol, they make about as much on you buying the fund as you will holding it
>>
>>969557
While I don't disagree with your earlier comment about the merit of offering solutions when OP fails to articulate his financial situation, you need to do some research on DFA and Eugene Fama before making further comment on their funds or how to invest in them.
>>
Actually DFA is a no load fund with super low expenses which is why it's desirable. Advisors that use it are FEE ONLY which means they DONT get a commission for using it.
>>
>>969568
true i am not familiar with their product shelf. but you can get better risk/return ratios recreating funds yourself aslong as you reinvest divs, reset to your origional asset alocation atleast 1ce a yr and dont fucking panic when markets turn south. the main benefit to advisors are they hold your hand when things go bad and talk you off the ledge so you dont sell at a bottom. (none of this applies if you don't have alot and cant diversify properly due to trading costs)
>>
>>969584
Again, you need to do your research before commenting further on DFA. The reason they only accept investments through advisors is that it avoids the need for any significant customer relations infrastructure. DFA can therefore spend all of their efforts on investing, which they do in a manner that would make Jack Bogle smile ear to ear.
>>
>>969627
so which fund should i take as their flagship? i just scanned US value and core and some emerg and there all 3/5 or 4/5 on a risk/return basis
>>
>>969635
DFA's funds are more like a Chinese menu than a sit down meal. No single one of their funds is a complete asset allocation; you need to piece several together to make a full portfolio. They do "bundle" portfolio offerings (which they call "core portfolios") which are more self-contained investment options.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.