[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITF

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1420408739350.jpg (555KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1420408739350.jpg
555KB, 2560x1440px
Realistic minimum duration to have £50-60k in an index tracked fund and see worthwhile returns. At least £2k
>>
4-6 months apparently assuming monthly compound, 0 fees and 0 per month input.

guessing as no one dared to answer, no one actually has itf's
>>
>>968307
It's a monumentally stupid question.

First, what the fuck does "worthwhile" return mean? How is anyone supposed to know what you mean by when you use a completely subjective benchmark?

Second, you don't judge investments by the "minimum duration" to see returns. If you need your gamble to pay off by a certain date, buy a lottery ticket.

Third, index funds are inherently long term investments by design. Asking about "minimum duration" for an index fund shows that you don't understand the investment at all, and shouldn't be investing in the first place.
>>
>>968362
I'm sorry your mummy never loved you.
>>
5-10+ years.

That's where it shines, longterm gains.

If you happen to make a few thousand in a few months, there is no point taking it out because if you try to buy back in you'll be buying at a significantly higher price than originally. So you'll have effectively negated your gains.

JUST DOLLARCOST AVERAGE, Jesus how many times does it need to be said?
Dollarcost average
Dollarcost average
Dollarcost average
>>
>>968369
>Asks retarded abstract question
>Person responds asking what the fuck does it even mean and suggests you should do more research since judging by your post you have no idea what you're talking about
>"lol ur dumb ur mom doesn't love u fag"

Why do you retards even come to /biz/?
>>
>>968372
> Responds to question asked in GBP with USD mantra
> Calls someone retard
>>
>>968376
No one even mentioned USD or anything market specific. What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>968376
>Responds to question asked in GBP with USD mantra
Holy shit. I don't even think this guy is trolling; I honestly think he's that stupid.

I'm honestly amazed and shocked that someone so retarded can still operate a computer.
>>
you're likely to be better off picking an equally weighted basket of stocks at random from the wider market
>>
>>968370
>if you try to buy back in you'll be buying at a significantly higher price than originally

Except if you buy back at a lower price.
>>
>>968376
Tell me more about the USD mantra.
>>
>>968517
>Except if you buy back at a lower price.

Yes but since you're going to be selling at the high, unless you want to wait around for many months until it's low again then you'll be buying at a high.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.