[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/rgt/ - Robinhood General Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

File: Robinhood.jpg (140KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Robinhood.jpg
140KB, 1280x720px
>rise of the meme stocks edition

>Stock Questions & Answers
>Stock Predictions & Forecasts
>Stock Graphs & Charts
>Stock Successes & Failures
>Stock Highlights & News

Visit the website first - www.robinhood.com
*Only works for US citizens right now

Candlestick App - thinkorswim
Available on iOS Android and Windows

Candlestick charting guideline:
http://stockcharts.com/school/doku.php?id=chart_school:chart_analysis:introduction_to_candlesticks

Twitter like chat about different symbols from non-memers:
http://stocktwits.com/

Post what are you buying, others say why its good or bad!
>>
I have inside information that the office depot merger is going to go through. Buy up boys because its gonna spike 3/4 dollars like in febuary
>>
UWTI. i'm in at $7.00. 500 shares.

Holding till February.
>>
Ok guys time for me to contribute to your losses.

But ELTP. They just filed for FDA approval of various drugs they are developing, one of which is an opiate painkiller that has a modular component to it that prevents abuse/addiction potential.

Currently trading at around .40, word on the street is they'll will be over a dollar in the new year and may be bought out after that by a major big pharma player anywhere from $8 - $10 by middle next year.

Stock is up 650% from like 10 years ago.

You're welcome.
>>
How does a site like this even operate
>>
>>968371
Forget it, im in norway. So cant sign up anyway
>>
>>968371
Assisted brokers+ads
>>
Does RH have option trading? The image says yes but the website says no.
>>
File: question anime.jpg (24KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
question anime.jpg
24KB, 300x400px
I'm a wage slave, from 8 to 18.

I have some savings and I'd always wanted to learn how to make money investing on stock market.

For example, if I live in Brazil, when I'm at home at night, it's early morning in Asia. Can I invest in Nikkei stock market?
>>
>>968306
dont understand why you idiots insist on day trading. if you want to gamble money then learn how to play poker -- at least you stand a chance of actually making money.
>>
>>968355
ELTP? Cant find it
>>
>>968514
I see the exact opposite.

For every winner in gambling there is a loser. (give or take)

In stocks, there are more winners
>>
>>968306
stop making new threads before the old one dies

and if youre gonna make a new thread, you have to link to it in the old general thread. you know, so everyone sees that theres a newthread and can come here to continue the meme stock discussion

also its nice if you link the previous thread in the OP post
>>967093
>>
>>968306
What does everyone use beside robin hood? Sites you visit maybe?
>>968355
>>968548
>Elite Pharmaceuticals Inc
>>
>>968306
So...I can do linit irders but not stops? The fuck?
>>
>>968550
yeah, never mind that the vast majority of stock traders lose money.
>>
>>968665
Cuz too many go in trying to make a quick buck.

Pick a few, do your research, hold long, don't put your life savings on the line.
>>
>>968778
and set a stop loss
>>
buy ftr at 5, sell it at 19 (3-5 years)
buy hsbc at 38, sell it at 50 (next march)
>>
>>968820
Waiitng? In the stock market? What the fuck are you?
>>
>>968514
I've been playing a simulator for a week now, and I kind of get that day trading is only a mariginally more winnable form of gambling.

I'm going to do an accounting and business admin diploma starting january, and I feel this has been great practice for school. I've been learning as much as I can about economics, the stock market, finance, investing, accounting and business related topics.

I know an accounting and business admin diploma isn't much, but I just want to get into white-collar work and the diploma won't put a financial burden on me.
>>
>>968898
>day trading is only a mariginally more winnable form of gambling
I got sick of people who compare stocks with gambling of any sort. You can't just LOSE ALL YOUR MONEY at once as you do in any gambling activity.
>>
>>968665
They don't. But they underperform the market.
>>
>>968306
Solarcity (STCY) has huge potential.
Do your research and you'll see.
It's also a utility company meaning they might pay some high dividends. :D
>>
>>968948
The money you keep is collateral. The risk However is a complete gamble. Stock trading is like gambling only you have to show more money up front, its essentially worse.
>>
>>968612
I use Tradeking because no minimum deposit
>>
>>969277
And also there is no issue with the IRS and having to prove where the money came from
>>
>>969277
Its safer than trusting your wealth in the dollar
>>
>>968896
Anon is likely right about HSBC tho. Been watching that one too.
>>
>>968948
>>969277
The only correlation between stocks and gambling is risk. The people who lose a shit ton in the market approach it like gambling, meaning they don't any serious research, don't do any kind of money management, and let their emotions get the best of them. Do I try to yolo get rich big money bet the house on every single play? No, of course not. That would be insane. Do I have solid 2.5 to 4 percent returns every month? Yes. And that's what i'm looking for. This is money for when I can't work anymore, not for today.
>>
File: image.jpg (77KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77KB, 640x1136px
NBG up 11% after ours. ASTI is also up a cent as well. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?!??
>>
>>969453
Amen!
>>
File: image.jpg (308KB, 900x1350px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
308KB, 900x1350px
>>969471
That you don't understand stocks retard lmao.
>>
>>969490
Tis a meme thread friend. Just spreading the memes around :)
>>
>>969453
You would have more overall savings if you put money away instead of gambling it like a retard
>>
>>969471
After whose?
>>
File: image.jpg (85KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85KB, 640x480px
>>969607
>>
>>969607
This is putting it away. You want to tell me about the return of the market vs a HYSA/CD/Bonds? You know what interest rates are? Dividends? It's not my fault you don't understand how the math works or how I invest and what I invest in. Five years and counting anon. All profit.

Oh wait. It's bait. Nevermind.
>>
>>969640
Lol rekt xDDDDDDDD
>>
>>968306

how robinhood makes money to stay operating??
>>
>>969694
They'll sell info about their clients' trading patterns and habits.

They may anonymize the data, but they'll be compiling databases correlating financial news with clients' trades, They can see over time how the average Millennial invests, and they can sell that info to other companies, for example, media companies who want to influence the markets.
>>
File: 1447040372704.gif (395KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1447040372704.gif
395KB, 500x500px
>>969694

Simply put

1. Interest on the money their holding (your money)
2. Investments?
3. Riding off your milk train when they see you're always making +++
>>
I just got my federal sub loan for 2015. Over $4000.

I don't actually need to spend it for at least 6 months.

What should I buy that will always go up, and never go down... over a period of 6 months.
>>
>>969848
You should either buy NBG or ASTI, fuck what anyone else says. Trust me.
>>
>>969848
>>969862
Just throw it into Apple. If you want a guaranteed gain you can play it safe this way. If youre looking for a big gain throw it into what anon said. Both are bound to see big change either good or bad.
>>
Stock Newfag here, planning on getting into the stock market using Robin hood. Can someone explain to me how dividends work?
>>
>>970040
dividends are a tool a company uses to make their shares more attractive to investors

companies pay out a specified amount per share to stockholders. the money goes right into your account. So if you have 10 shares of O and they pay out 1$/share you get 10$ c a s h m o n e y
>>
>>970065
Thanks anon
With a look over a Investopedia and your simplified explanation I now understand
>>
THREAD IS DEAD
>>967093
>>967093
REVERT HERE
>>967093
>>967093
OP IS A HUGE FAGGOT WHO CAN'T EVEN GET THE FORMAT RIGHT BECAUSE HE LIKES LITTLE ASAIN COCKS
>>967093
>>967093
RGT IS HERE UNTIL +300 POSTS
>>967093
>>967093
REVERT HERE
>>967093
>>967093
>>
>>969490
Ha NBG was up 60% today and ASTI was up 6%. Fuck off pleb.
>>
Fuck I missed out on some major gains with nbg today
>>
Buy SNOW with an $8 stop loss. Way oversold.
>>
>>968316

why is it priced so low? and wait until may.
>>
>>971385
>what is oil
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.