[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What should i do with 100k ? Buy real estate? Buy dividends?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (338KB, 2400x1600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
338KB, 2400x1600px
What should i do with 100k ?

Buy real estate?

Buy dividends?
>>
neither, invest in something that can offer higher growth like equities.
>>
>>966556
I cant do stocks. I always lose.

Plus they say just low cost index funds. I feel like equities r bubbled
>>
*waves hand*

It's free real estate
>>
File: 1292110033332.jpg (46KB, 531x800px) Image search: [Google]
1292110033332.jpg
46KB, 531x800px
>>966558
>I feel like equities r bubbled
Then short the market. Simple shit.

>mfw some of the people on this board
>>
>>966567
Too risky
>>
>>966533

If I had $100k at this point in my life, I'd invest it. I'd create a portfolio that would include:

>total market mutual fund with low fee
>$3k in a 3%APY 12 month saving certificate at my bank
>10 year corporate BBB bonds with a 6% annual yield
>A few growth stocks like NFLX and GOOG
>Some cash

I think this portfolio could have nice growth and fare well in a market correction
>>
>>966590
Then you don't believe its overvalued. In which case go long.
>>
>>966610
Stocks seem boring and i don't understand why they go up ir down
>>
>>966601

I just found this high yield bond fund. Minimum to invest is $25k but the 8.53% average annual yield is straight money. Only thing to look out for is the duration since rates may rise next month. Something like this would be ideal for me.
>>
Given that you are posting on 4chan:

Buy 100k worth of VTSAX, set to reinvest, never check it, worry about it, or think about selling it.

In 10 years it'll be worth 200k, in 20 years 400k, in 30 years, 800k.

That's conservative. The S&P is going to kick ass in these next few decades, and you will have a million after 30 years easy.
>>
>That feel when you could become a millionaire in 30 years with no work but you're too stupid to.
>>
>>966613
You should read "Why stocks go up and down" by William Pike
>>
>>966533
bet all on ronsy the next fight. money to be made :D:D:D:D:D
>>
>>966533
>dividends are fairy dust. Real estate moves to slow.

Just buy the real thing; directly make "small" investments in starting companies that you believe will grow. You can cover the failures with the successes.
>>
>>966610
you're retarded if you think it's that simple
>>
Tobacco stocks, funds with good morningstar ratings.
>>
Invest in drugs
>>
>>966992
Thanks anon, I just ordered it. I'm a complete beginner in this stuff. Is it possible to give your money to a professional and pay them to manage it for you? I imagine that's what rich actors and musicians do.
>>
>>968658
>Is it possible to give your money to a professional and pay them to manage it for you?

Yes but you need a lot of money

$100k is nothing, I wouldn't even wipe my ass with it.
>>
File: It's a free house for you.gif (635KB, 200x145px) Image search: [Google]
It's a free house for you.gif
635KB, 200x145px
>>966533
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.