[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Inheritance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9

File: 1447967747359s.jpg (3KB, 93x125px) Image search: [Google]
1447967747359s.jpg
3KB, 93x125px
What would you do if you inherited 1/2 of $1Billion?
>>
>>966472
Gas the kikes
>>
>>966472
Trade it for 1/4 of $1 billion because 4 is more than 2
>>
>>966472
kill myself
>>
Keep 5 million in an index fund to keep me comfy for the rest of my life and then build an affordable university with the rest.
>>
>>966476
this really
>>
>>966472

>travel the world and the 7 seas
>>
>>966492
>who am I to disagree
>>
I'd probably sell my house and move to Vegas; spend the rest of my life hanging out in lounges, eating at different restaurants and generally relaxing.

I'm on track to live out that fantasy by age 50, a sudden windfall would just move my plan up. The only thing that would change is that I'd want to live in one of those crazy penthouses where the oil tycoons have their sex parties rather than the property I have planned.
>>
2 chicks at the same time
>>
>>966472
Kill the person with the other 1/2 and take what is mine
>>
Buy real estate
>>
buy 10 mansions buy 100 cars and buy a jet and a few ships and party 24/7 with bitches and booze and weed while going all around the world

than invest the rest of the money and give some away to family and friends
>>
Get over myself and call it 500mil
>>
Buy bitches and party all day long with a mansion and a lambourghini and maybe just maybe she'll get jealous....
>>
File: inconceivable.jpg (22KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
inconceivable.jpg
22KB, 300x225px
Actually hire people
>>
>>966472
buy a comfy as fuck house in the bay area for about $20M
Take like $20M and put away for a rainy day
Take $60M and use that as money to live on for the rest of my life
The last $400M would be used to angel invest in tech startups.
>>
>>966472
Obviously give back to the shit posting community that beat me down each time i decided to share an opinion, like a whore going back to the abusive relationship because they know no other place. Other then that pay off my debts.
>>
>>967446
Is there a dyer in here? Cus this thread just got dark
>>
I'd transform my town. I'd buy the national TV network and headquarter it there, that would take about £50m.

I've always wanted to produce alcohol, so I'd set up a gin distillery and market the fuck out of it. Reckon that would only take about £20m.

If set aside £100m to relaunch the Amiga computer platform after completely modernising it. Of course the design and manufacturing would be carried out in my town.

Next up there'd be a five star hotel and fine dining restaurants. Probably only take about £10m to establish.

Not bad for starters.
>>
Start a business ive always wanted to. Basically, start an edison style workshop for the modern age. Live comfortably and finally be able to make it to europe and do some traveling. Allow my children to see the world and see its not all the bull shit they see on tv. Ive got a couple movies id like to make also. Just basically enjoy life and allow others to enjoy their life too.
>>
>>966472

Be the next dan bilzerian
>>
>>966559
I've had three and I'm broke
>>
File: BSM_Altstadtmarktplatz_2.jpg (1MB, 3008x2000px) Image search: [Google]
BSM_Altstadtmarktplatz_2.jpg
1MB, 3008x2000px
>>966472
Aggressively promote traditional architecture and anti-modern architecture in Canada. Eventually influence policy-making, universities, firms and public opinion to create more livable and beautiful cities.

Design a city [from scratch] in west Africa to showcase sound design principle.

> Africans will just wreck it

See Pretoria and Stonetown Zanzibar.

I'd just visciously promote my idea of how society should be. Build schools, libraries, get as much urban sprawl as possible torn down and replaced with parks, make cities more walkable, pedestrianise city centres.

Agitate politically to abolish tuition from public Universities and pay for it by putting a 2% tax on stock and forex trading.

Public grammar [boarding] schools that are bilingual [english-french].

Create a university a few miles downstream from Ottawa. Canada's version of Oxbridge.

Having half a billion dollars wouldn't make it all come true, but it would certainly make it a lot more possible.
>>
>>968488
I know $5,000,000 can't do all that, but I'd do a few of those things and try and use my influence to get the rest to happen.

I know the establishing a university would probably use up he entire fortune.
>>
>>967487
Where do you live now?
>>
>>966472
Kill myself
>>
Rent some south american paramilitary and stage a coup in Westminster to install UKIP as a one-party state
>>
>>966472
I'd buy 4chan and ban your stupid ass.
>>
>>968512
Also I'd pay all janitors $500 per hour to hunt you down. Love you janitors.
>>
>>966472
Waifu Tech Revolution.
>>
>>966472
Absolutely nothing
>>
>>966496
Like Eyes Wide Shut? Wouldn't be surprised if there was some orgy cult full of rich people Id just want to know who exactly is part of it for the keks
>>
>>966492
>>966493
kek
>>
>>966472
Live the exact way I live now but stop worrying about my life ending in failure.
>>
File: 1364762600997.jpg (144KB, 952x629px) Image search: [Google]
1364762600997.jpg
144KB, 952x629px
>>968653
Holy fuck that feel
>>
>>968490
I mean $500,000,000 , of course.

> no reply to my post

Mine is the most thought-out and interesting of what someone would do if they became half a billionaire.

The rest of you fucks just want to browse 4chan in a palatial mansion and fuck sex-robots.

Clearly I'm the only one here who deserves half a billion dollars.

Also, the reason Renaissance Europe was so beautiful was because the rich had good taste. Our rich are just rich for the sake of being rich.

Wealth is nothing when people won't stop fucking, shitting and buying long enough to realise that the urban sprawl of the 21st century is literal cancer. Instead we celebrate this shit and see it as 'progress'.
>>
>>966472
Geocache gold bullion bars across the world.
$5 million interest-bearing account plus modest house & cheap car under alternate identity.
$100 million interest-bearing account under own name.
$100 million corporation.
$100 million speculation.
$100 million private space program.
$75 million real estate.
Spend the db rest on a weed grow op inside a nuclear sub, etc.
>>
>>968679
*tips fortune*
>>
File: 0_a4320_82241ec7_orig.jpg (515KB, 900x616px) Image search: [Google]
0_a4320_82241ec7_orig.jpg
515KB, 900x616px
>>968679
fucking, shitting and consuming*

If even one out of a fifty billionaires or multi-millionaires had sight of what was truly important, society would be vastly different.

This is the sort of wealth that never depreciates. This is the sort of wealth that makes the human experience valuable.

You discard beauty, like a certain kind of capitalism has done, and you get rid of all the most worthwhile and virtuous aspects of wealth.

We need renaissance men. People who understand wealth isn't for wealth's sake. Resources should be used to create the greatest human experience.

The wealthy bankers of the Italian renaissance were no less self-destructive hedonists than our own bankers, but they had good taste.

Their idea of the arts and aesthetic wasn't preverted by post-modernist aesthetic, artistic, cultural and moral relativism.

And if Ihad half a billion dollars I'd do everything in my power, so help me God, to destroy the forces that promote ugliness and degenrate he human experience. I'd get my hands on the schools - the places of learning, and the policy makers, and the companies involved in urban development, and I'd impose my will to swing the system so radically towards my line of thinking that even if it strays, I'd have impacted a generation, shown what was possible, left such an impression on society that my ideal would ring on throughout the ages.
>>
File: Vilnius_St_Anns_church.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Vilnius_St_Anns_church.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
>>968809
I don't even understand what the people with wealth, power and influence are doing. It's like none of them get what it's all about. Other than Prince Charles I haven't heard a single one of these rich fucks say what it's all about.

Frankly, I should be Tsar. I would be better than fucking Justin Trudeau, or Barrak Obama, or Vladimir Putin, that's for fucking sure.
>>
File: DOL_LS2654_16-2.jpg (346KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
DOL_LS2654_16-2.jpg
346KB, 1000x667px
>>968825
Lastly, good architecture legitimately makes you more intelligent. Like good music, literature, art and media. This sortof shit is the architectual equivalent to electronic dance music. The sort of brain-numbing shit that pollutes the mind that no self respecting human willingly subejcts themselves to. Made by idiots [or at least the concepts come from idiocy] for idiots.

Our natural aesthetic sense is being preverted by this wasteful crap.
>>
>>968679
you are entitled to nothing you fucking cocksmoker
>>
>>968809
> Rich people from long ago built big houses that are still standing whilst the poor were living in rubbish houses
> Now it's all different
>>
>>968488
>I'd just promote my idea how society should be.

Yea pretty much this, would prob start/join a reseach facility/uni that researches clean energy, computer tech, and AI.

My focus would be on AI (skynet) though.
>>
>>966472
maybe id buy a small house locally and have it shaped up for $1M while i build an airport and bigger house and a fruit farm somewhere remote then buy a plane move to the house eat a lot get a girlfriend and get her preggers and vibe on market input until i rock and inherit my much more impressive and realistic sum.
>>
>>968682
you'd get assasinated in like 2 years flat
>>
Buy all bitcoins. And then throw my hard drive out of the window.
>>
File: 1446181198504.jpg (14KB, 207x212px) Image search: [Google]
1446181198504.jpg
14KB, 207x212px
>>969188
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.