[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does the US Government care so much about controlling the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: LNyPz6j.jpg (56KB, 540x574px) Image search: [Google]
LNyPz6j.jpg
56KB, 540x574px
Why does the US Government care so much about controlling the media through the FCC but leaves something like health care up to capitalism?
>>
File: image.jpg (191KB, 938x530px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
191KB, 938x530px
Healthcare is clearly not left up to capitalism, it's by far the most regulated industry in the US. Insurance companies can't even sell across state lines. Some medicines can be sold in one state but not others. Often, companies are granted monopolies in certain states. The US government spends more on healthcare than any other program, including the military.
The FCC, like healthcare regs, is designed to give big companies monopolies. It created barriers to entry so that Murdoch and the like can have a monopoly on the media.
>>
>>965989
That's the way the health insurance companies want it. Google "crony capitalism" if you want to learn more. Insurance lobbyists wrote Obamacare, they love the bill.
>>
>>965991
Exactly, as always the well wishers who wanted to "save" the US Healthcare system held hands with those big companies who wanted to create barriers to entry into the market.
>>
>>965993
Obama gave us the worst of both worlds. Subsidized private insurance with no control over costs.
>>
File: 1.jpg (40KB, 344x216px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
40KB, 344x216px
>>965789
>do you even social engineering?
>>
File: US-DeptOfHHS-Seal.jpg (90KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
US-DeptOfHHS-Seal.jpg
90KB, 720x720px
>>965789
lol
>>
>>965789
If the US government regulated media as much as it regulated healthcare:
>Everyone would be required to buy cable or else pay a fi-- I mean tax
>Every cable service would be required to carry at least a core block of 10000 channels
>If you watched a TV other than the one you owned you'd have to pay a hefty "out of network" fee to the cable operator
>You can watch a program on your TV and then find out afterwards that the program wasn't covered by your subscription and have to pay for it
>Your cable bill would increase by 10-25% per year, every year
>If you run a business of any meaningful size you would be required to provide TVs for your employees
>>
>>967140
This is why the government just needs to stop.
When you put healthcare into words everyone can understand, it shows it's ludicrous.
>>
If only it were up to capitalism, if only it were :(
>>
The fcc regulates media on public airwaves. Not media. Subtle difference
>>
>>965989
That picture irritates my autism. It should be "Where we're going, we won't need roads." That makes it a better BTTF quote.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.