[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I paid $1.69 for regular unleaded gasoline in Ft. Worth, TX,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

File: 3636351272_bbfd1ceaa4.jpg (167KB, 500x481px) Image search: [Google]
3636351272_bbfd1ceaa4.jpg
167KB, 500x481px
I paid $1.69 for regular unleaded gasoline in Ft. Worth, TX, today.

Gasoline producers are worried about net-back pricing being announced on December 4.

So, the sell-off begins. Hang on, /biz/
>>
>>965373
$2.1 in NY why god
>>
>>965373
Are you saying gas prices are going up or going down? I'm confused.
>>
http://www.cmegroup.com/trading/energy/crude-oil/light-sweet-crude.html

This link is to the CME page on oil futures. The prices are clearly expected to rise and since F(P)=E(r), then this is not a good reason to sell off.
>>
You guys seriously need to tax petrol more, that's way too cheap

it's literally 3-4x the price in any other developed country
>>
russia bombing the fuck out of ISIS oil trucks today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgYbiCGYy2c
>>
Are you mental? We are THE developed country, you guys should model off our economic practices.
>>
>>965461

In this case it's not a purely economic issue.

Oil use has a negative impact on society at large and that needs to be reflected in the price.
>>
>>965450
M8, the reason gas is so cheap is because of subsidies in the US.

Putting more taxes on goods subsidized with tax dollars makes no sense. If anything just cut subsidies
>>
>>965471

Not according to this

http://www.citylab.com/commute/2015/01/the-real-reason-us-gas-is-so-cheap-is-americans-dont-pay-the-true-cost-of-driving/384200/
>>
>buttblasted yuropoors even more jelly of my cheap driving

I can get used to this feel
>>
>y-your gas should be more expensive!
>c-cause mine is!

Fuckin europoors lmao
>>
>>965525
lmao i know, loving this feel of not giving a fuck about the distance cause its like 30 to fill er up.

>Merica
>Fuck Yea
Choose 2
>>
>>965373
1.89 in plano texas
>>
I don't think oil is going anywhere for a while. The drillers took on too much debt thinking it would never drop below $75 BBL. Now they have no choice but to keep sucking it out of the ground at max capacity or go bankrupt. Maybe in 2017 when the weaker players get taken over or fold the price might start to rise. Right now some of the production is hedged so even if oil is cheap they are still getting above market rate. Once those hedges start to expire is when drillers will start to go under. Also there's a lot of capped wells out there that are relativity easy to bring back on line.
>>
It really should be more expensive. The gas tax hasn't gone up since I was born and it's not adjusted for inflation at all.
>>
>>965373
so traders priced in yield cuts for dividends when the chinese crash came around, and now traders have priced in something even worse, as these prices are below the first price in. (nat gas and oil)
>>
$1.96/gal near fucking downtown Chicago.

Had to think for a second if I traveled back to '99.
>>
In Iowa yesterday, E15 (ethanol) gasoline was $1.15. Unleaded gasoline was higher, probably close to $1.69, as the OP said.
>>
>>965423
>So, the sell-off begins.
>the sell-off
>sell-off
>sell
>>
>>965373
2,96 USD in Valle del Cauca last monday
>>
>>965700
fuck man, I'm in the middle of Minnesota and paying 2.09, how the fuck is Taxicago cheaper than us?
>>
>>965419
$2.4 Oregon
>>
Its a depression. Just look at food prices, falling, falling,
As for oil we will not see 100 a barrel not in our lifetime. Falling demand and rising supply.
>>
>>965988
1.99 Yesterday in Saint Paul, bro.
>>
>>965473
>shittylab

Lol they just hate that average Americans can still afford big houses and their own car, it pisses them off so much
>>
>>967600
Why is prices falling a bad thing? That makes no sense.
>>
>>965988
What's weird is the Costco's are more expensive by a few cents now than other stations near my house such as Citgo and Mobil.
>>
>>965471
>Subsidies
Technically, they're deductions and credits. No oil company gets a check from the government.
>>
>>965547
I work as a company, from what I'm seeing we aren't looking to pick up until 2017 honestly. You might have a few odd lots in late 2016 due to the agreements with a country, and/ or JV member. Or just so the company can bid in the future rounds.
>>
>>967972
Look into the petrol- dollar cycle for starters.
>>
>>965373
hey I paid €1.68 today! For one liter....
>>
>>965468

>Has Negative impact.

No, covering everything in concrete and destroying the natural state of cities has had a negative impact on those cities.
>>
Why do Americans think they're better then everyone?
"Gas" in London could potentially fall to £1 in 2 weeks which is $1.55. I'm buying "gas" for £1.14 which is already cheap as hell.
Stop thinking you're better then everyone. Also this is in London, only NYC or LA can compete. There will be cheaper places in your massive country but literally who cares if it isn't a major city
>>
>>970062
Per liter, right?
>still more than in America which measures per gallon.
>>
>>970062
Britbong please.

Even if gas in your village dropped to £1 per liter, I'm paying less than half of what you are.
>>
File: 1447429154017.jpg (72KB, 499x678px) Image search: [Google]
1447429154017.jpg
72KB, 499x678px
>>970074
Holy shit seriously?
1litre =0.2 gallons
Meaning you pay 50cents per litre which is 30p
We pay quadruple that

Fair enough then. America #1

Why do we pay so much?
>>
>>970094
Your government taxes it way way more than ours does. Also, the government here offers a lot of tax breaks to oil companies, which essentially works as a subsidy to keep gas cheap.

You guys, on the other hand, have way better public transportation. Only a few cities in the U.S. have public transportation that's at all useable.
>>
>>970100
Can confirm, been on the train three times in my entire life, a public bus less so.

I've used more gas and oil than most European extended families, and I'm only 26.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.