[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is there much of a difference between sports betting and putting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: By0Shvsl.jpg (35KB, 352x640px) Image search: [Google]
By0Shvsl.jpg
35KB, 352x640px
is there much of a difference between sports betting and putting money into the stock market?
>>
>>965184
The people here will say yes, but the reality is no, especially if you're working with derivatives.

Both are moronic and a waste of resources.
>>
File: image.jpg (78KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78KB, 960x540px
Nigs that make dumb plays
>>
>>965184
Yes.
>>
>>965184
the stock market involves companies that operate on a large scale and thus short term fluctuations in performance among individual employees and branches cancel each other making the progress of a company more predictable, if you do your research
>>
Yes. That's why I bought stock in the Detroit Lions. Also the same as buttcoin.
>>
>>965184

as far as say trading is concerned then not really - you can trade the price movements in a betting market just as you can trade the price movements in an equities market

there is obviously a difference between buying a stock and placing a bet that you'll hold till the end of the event you're betting on... betting on a sports event is probably closer to buying a call option and holding to expiry (or at least fixed odds betting is albeit the return if you 'win' isn't fixed in the case of the call option). Spread betting is closer to buying a futures contract.
>>
>>965218
you'll probably find more inefficiencies in sports betting markets than in equities markets
>>
Yes, you can do much better sports betting. I win at a 55-60% rate. In a few years I'll be pretty rich. There are many more inefficiencies in the sports market than the stock market.

Source is here:

>nflprofits.wordpress.com
>>
>>965184

> putting money into the market
almost gauranteed to make money if you play for long enough

> putting money into gambling
almost gauranteed to lose money if you play for long enough
>>
Yes. You bet and your team loses that money is gone. If I buy a stock and the market moves against me I can still sell at a loss as long as I'm not a dumbass and hold hoping it goes back up. Also dividends.
>>
>>965367
>Yes, you can do much better sports betting. I win at a 55-60% rate
If you get profit at lesser rate with the stock trading, you're doing it SERIOUSLY wrong.
>>
>>965184
Betting is basically the highest-risk investment possible

So no it's not much different
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.