[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /biz/ so iv been wondering why so many people strive towards

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: lolol.jpg (25KB, 400x264px) Image search: [Google]
lolol.jpg
25KB, 400x264px
Hey /biz/ so iv been wondering why so many people strive towards regular lives instead of trying to do big things. Most people's passion can easily be translated into an entrepreneurial venture. Are people just lazy or just wanna follow the cookie cutter shit that society puts on us.
>>
Well what are you doing with your life Mr. Bigshot?
>>
>>964936
18, currently in college and working on a business with a couple of friends of mine.
>>
I know way too many people who got ruined trying to do a business. They lost everything and in Germany that is not a good point in your resume. That is why I prefer a 9 - 5 job. I go to work, surf on 4chan and go home and can relax the evening not thinking about money. With each year I earn more money. I mean if you don't care not getting rich then it is a totally fine life.
>>
>>964930
>Hey /biz/ so iv been wondering why so many people strive towards regular lives instead of trying to do big things

Because it's hard to stick with something. In all likelyhood you will give up halfway with whatever you're doing.

You most likely just read some "motivational" blogposts or even a youtube video and now feel inspired and dopamine release as if you accomplished something.
>>
>>965124
Ayy lmao. So true tough, good point.

Then one can ask what it means to make it. I guess it depends on where you are starting from or where your family are.
If you are from a rich family who went to Harvard the last 4 generations then you are a failure if you dont go to Harvard as well.

If your family is doctors on both sides 2 generations back well what if u dont become a dr?

I guess if the bar is lowered with the next generation then theres risk of disappointment?

I can only speak for myself, Im a getto kid from a European country. Family on both sides are working class and poor farmers with no education, didnt go to any school. My father started his life with owning the clothes on his body, nothing else.

Life is hard man, to get anywhere you have to be willing to make a sacrifice, never forget this. Without any sacrifice you will never get anywhere in life. The price of success few are willing to pay, its a big price, many risks to take, few have the balls and brains. Consistency always wins.
Many have the balls, many have the brains, but you need to have the balls and brains simultaneously, and thats a rare property.

With my background I became a doctor, which no one ever in my family as far back as we can tell ever achieved. No one did even go to school before, let alone being a Doctor of Dental Medicine.

I payed a shitload of a price to get there, patients and other people thinks everything just happened by luck and think Im from a rich family and got it all handed to me.
If they only realised how wrong they are...
>>
>>964936
9-5 worker detected
>>
>>964930

most people just work for income. Nothing more.

Besides being an employee is usually less to think about, than being a business owner.
>>
I think it's because most people are told from a very, very early age, that what's best in life is to "do well in school, go to a good college, get a decent degree, and get a decent job paying $150k a year".

Or, some variation of that.

When that's the only option you're told about growing up, it's very easy to see why everybody just falls into that cookie cutter lifestyle...
>>
>>965252
Something I liked from the millionaire fastlane; "people only notice the events, not the process".

Like, they see a rich guy and think "how lucky he is, he's got a fast car and a great house, how lucky!" instead of seeing that it took years and years of hard-work and effort.
>>
>>965252
Nice blog post
>Then one can ask what it means to make it. I guess it depends on where you are starting from or where your family are.
Following in your families footsteps seems like a very shitty life (unless you're very passionate about what they do.)
If you want to make it in life, you should try to make a living doing your favourite hobby/activity. That should bring you the most happiness and true happiness is making it.
>>
>>964930
As human beings, we just want comfort
>>
>>964936
Wage slave detected. Do not engage with the workers
>>
I'm happy with my middle ground. I work in technical sales and it's very commission based (60k +5% commission + bonus) Wouldn't want to be the owner because of massive liability with a hazardous substance. Also I'm in a company of about 20 people and there is about 100k in workplace theft every year.

It's nice leaving the office whenever I feel like. Saves fucking around on your work computer doing typical office boredom shit. Of course the owner makes more money but I'm not going to be upset about a 6 figure job where I don't have to make work my life priority.
>>
>>965252
Really good post man. No sarcasm
>>
I'm about to start working as a graduate in commercial banking. It's a field where I'd have very little chance of successfully starting my own business, without first having substantial experience in the industry.

If my career goes well I might consider starting my own consulting shop or something later on.
>>
File: 1432005120144.jpg (46KB, 680x684px) Image search: [Google]
1432005120144.jpg
46KB, 680x684px
>>965447
>tfw my favorite hobby is D&D and MtG

I became a software engineer and gained 30lbs of muscle over 4 years of gym workouts, I shaved my head to fix the balding and grew a beard. I'm successful in life and doing well with the ladies but all I want is for my old friends to come back and play some games.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.