[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>entrepreneurial studies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (25KB, 400x264px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 400x264px
>entrepreneurial studies
>>
>>963862
nice jew meme fucking retard
>>>/pol/
>>
File: 1414111734638.gif (2MB, 400x278px) Image search: [Google]
1414111734638.gif
2MB, 400x278px
>Political science
>>
>>963923
nice retard meme fucking jew
>>>/trash/
>>
>>963930
fuck off goy, stay poor with your dumb jew memes

post them on stormfront or >>>/pol/ but not here
>>
>>963923
how is that a jew meme?
>>
>>963934

That is the meme
>>
>>963929
Lol why does that cat start kicking himself?

Doesn't he know it's his own foot? what a cute cat :")
>>
I took entrepreneurial studies and I started a small business 2 weeks after graduation, still running it today 4 years later.

The degree has come in really handy, you learn a little bit in a lot of fields, exactly what you need to be a business owner.

If you really want to run your own business I'd recommend it.
>>
>>963941
Why not accounting?
Checkmate.
>>
>>963962

I learned basic accounting as part of my degree

If you just took accounting you wouldn't learn any of the other stuff like marketing, law, hr, logistics or strategy
>>
>>963970
Yeah you do.
You have all those classes but with more depth in accounting.
Anyway, good for you.
I wish you sucess.Studying is the easy part, doing it is where the challenge lay.
>>
>>963941
what courses did you take, my school doesn't have a degree in entrepreneurial studies, but I am interested in taking courses that can help me run my own business.
>>
>>964015

I listed most of them here >>963970

>accounting
>marketing
>law
>hr
>logistics
>strategic management
>project management
>negotiation
>IT systems
>international business
>economics
>statistics

Probably some other stuff too.

I think the closest traditional major would be management, but >>963974 seems to think accounting is the better choice
>>
>>964025
Jack of all trades master of none.

It's worthless. You can learn all of that with the same textbooks on the internet.

You cannot get a good enough grasp on all of these fields in 4 years.
>Law
>economics
>statistics
>accounting

Individually take some time...
>>
>>964027

It's worthless if you want to get paid to do any one of them specifically

If you want to be able to delegate effectively it's very valuable to have a basic grounding in the subject
>>
>>964027
>>964029

In other words I don't want to master a trade, I want to employ the people who do without getting ripped off
>>
>>964029
>>964032
I guess but it seems pointless when you could read it all on your own.

Accounting would probably give you much better specialized skills and be highly beneficial for business
>>
>>964036

Yes you could just read a bunch of textbooks on your own, but you could say that about 90% of degrees

The difference is now I have a qualification, however dubious. I also got an internship placement and got to wrtie a full length business plan with professional guidance. Both not worthless.

Also I live in Australia so it's not like I paid American prices to study, the whole thing only cost like $20k and my parents covered it.
>>
>>963941

Took entrepreneurial studies but stopped when they made me take an excel class.

Don't see why I need it anyways
>>
>>964045
>The difference is now I have a qualification, however dubious. I also got an internship placement

Why would you need either of those if you're going to be an entrepreneur?
>>
>>964086

Internship placement gives you rel experience in someone else's business. I'd never had a white collar job before.

Qualification is good when applying for credit or approaching investors.

Neither are necessary, but they are not worthless either.

>>964082

MS excel is incredibly powerful and is one of my most used programs. It crunches numbers very well, makes it easier to identify the parts of your business that aren't efficient.
>>
>>964025
what do you mean by logistics?
my uni doesn't have anything like that, was it like operations research or yelling at truck drivers.

Logistics is something I am interested in.

How useful is economics? I am planning on taking some econometric courses but not economics.
>>
>>964096

I just mean basic supply chain management

How to manage your inventory levels, how to choose a supplier, how to import stuff from overseas, stuff like that.

A basic understanding of economics is crucial, but you don't need high level stuff. Personally though I find it very interesting and actively follow economics even today.
>>
>>964096
Most of the best logistics programs in North America are in the midwest/rust belt (Penn St, Ohio St, Michigan St, etc). If you really wanna learn it, thats the best place to go. To get a taste you could see if theres any continuing ed/intensive classes in your area in the field.
>>
>>964109

also choosing and managing distribution channels is important
>>
>>964082
>A whole class for Excel
Literally why
>>
>>964272
It's deeper that you can think.
Actuaries and accountant spent their days on it.
VBA, PowerPivot, financial modeling take some time to get used too.
But also, you could learn in on your ow.
I still think accounting would be a better investment.
You learn to speak the language of business, money.
Also, the accountant degree get an intro class in all>>964025 said.
>>
>>963862
>undergraduate business degree
>>
>>964284
>tfw go to school with top 2 accounting program
>tfw take the class for fun
Learned a lot, can read financial statements extremely well now, but jesus christ the teacher is literally hitler. I got an entire letter grade off on an exam for mislabeling a statement.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.