[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I need to provide a bank statement as proof of address, does

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: fr.jpg (332KB, 716x683px) Image search: [Google]
fr.jpg
332KB, 716x683px
If I need to provide a bank statement as proof of address, does the paper it's issued on matter?

i.e. are photocopies or printed scans acceptable?
>>
How about printed eStatements, for that matter?
>>
Probably depends on where you're applying to, best to ask them

Some places may ask for a certified copy, some will be fine with a photocopy/scan, and some will only accept originals

no idea about estatements, since they aren't posted they don't really prove an address, but maybe they're acceptable.
>>
Actually, it doesn't matter what type of paper or even the means by which it is printed.

Hence, I do my bookkeeping with a halt-eaten crayon and a wide-ruled notebook with the boxtop on it. Be cool, help your school.
>>
>>963724
It's hardly a stupid question. I'm not in a physical position to receive mailed bank statements.
>>
context would help.
Government burorcys are a lot more robot like than some private business
>>
>>964359

That's exactly what they're trying to determine by asking for it
>>
>>963130
Right, this question is close to my heart because I'm a bank teller and I get asked this all the time.

Statements come in two varieties: original statements and ledger copies. When governments ask to see original statements they're usually referring to the former, i.e. statements printed on bank stationery which have been mailed to the recipient's address.

HOWEVER, most banks are encouraging their customers to go paperless (to cut operating costs, of course). There is a regulatory requirement to provide free access to statements on request and this is fulfilled in several different ways, the most common being online statements that the customer can print themselves, and also ledger retrieval either in a bank branch or by mail. These methods are often not accepted by governments, credit checking companies, landlords etc as they're not originals. And yet, for the majority of customers who have been persuaded to opt-in to paperless statements (or didn't realise they could opt-out) this is the only way they have.

And it's a fucking shambles. One way some customers get around this is to get copy ledgers printed and certified in branch, like being stamped and signed by a cashier. Sometimes even this isn't viewed as acceptable by whatever rules-Nazi is asking for the documents. As paperless becomes the industry standard I'm certain this loophole will eventually be fixed, but for now it's a confusing and inconsistent mess for everybody involved.

Tl;dr: It sometimes matters. You might consider alternative forms of address verification, like a utility bill or government correspondence. A letter from your landlord or letting agency usually WON'T be accepted. Ask the person/department in question for clarity on this.
>>
>>964379
They're trying to determine that I live on the same continent?

>>964591
In this case, I need proof of address to set up another bank account in a foreign country. A bank statement is the easiest method of proof available to me.

Do you think another bank would be favorable towards a paperless-origin bank statement?
It's in Singapore, so I'm pretty likely to encounter rule-Nazis. They themselves offer paperless services ("eStatements.")
>>
>>963130
Is that some classy European riot?
>>
>>964704
French nationalists styling upon their enemies.
>>
File: 1439308430097.webm (2MB, 854x466px) Image search: [Google]
1439308430097.webm
2MB, 854x466px
>>964704
French catholic against gay marriage
>>
https://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2008/february/tradebom_022608
>>
>>967546
I was about to say that watercannoneer was a shit aim, but he got the headshot eventually.

>yfw people are trying to make a taser water cannon
and you thought Skunk was bad.
>>
>>969083
OC
>>
>>967546
That video seems to be in Turkey.
>>
https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/history/famous-cases
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.